Gopher's Minions

E3 2021 Did Anyone See Anything They Wanted for this Year?

OutandBack

Rumors and personal ideas:

I do not believe the negative hype about Starfield. Yes it is similar to Space Fallout, but it is more Steam-punk than Cyberpunk. It has old fashioned physics driving fantasy space ships to various planets that are similar to Daedric kingdoms. Almost Space-ES. My impression is it is a survival game where you take on alien cultures. It apparently has space ship building mechanics  somewhat similar to old school Star Trek ship design, and home base building mechanics. I was worried it would be too much like Final Fantasy when it was first planned, but I said so and it seems they modified the original plans to take it away from both Cyberpunk and Final Fantasy. One of the armor suits looked exactly like Skyrim but the new suits are much spacier and more like Star Wars.

They have delayed so long that competitors are producing games similar to what was originally proposed.

I have been told that they are conducting closed Beta testing and the testers are excited to see an actual game. This is enough to encourage me to think the game will be extraordinary.

According to the timetable I think I put up on here a couple of years ago, they are finalizing the side quests, art work, and voices. I have been told the music is done. I have also been told the voice content is so complex that it will take considerable time to record and insert where it belongs. As I recall I estimated a 2022-2024 release back then, so a 2022 release may be pushing it.

This is another game designed for high-end PCs as Bethesda was expecting XBOX to live up to the initial specs for their next-gen console. I do not think the XBOX console is going to live up to the promise*, so I hope they do not dumb down the PC version. :)

Pete Hines once said that they wanted to put a more flexible AI in ES6 so that might show up here. Maybe the NPCs will be more like Inigo.

* XBOX actually developed the concept but could not sufficiently reduce the cost.

My inside information comes from rumors in the game development community. Several of my friends are devs though not with Bethesda.

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Not sure when it being released but I am looking forward to ELEX II when it comes out.

You got me hooked on Elex and it is a good game. It would be better if the original city you visit had a home base where you could get that homey feeling. I know that the game gives you options to choose an alliance, but the alliances all seemed bad choices. I like the fact that in ES all the factions have a presence in every city and each alliance seems a good choice.

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 hours ago, OutandBack said:

In 2022 this will be my biggest purchase.

stalker2 2022.jpg

I haven't played Stalker. It seemed like a creepier version of Fallout. I played Metro and according to reviews it is similar. Maybe I am missing something.

9 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Not sure when it being released but I am looking forward to ELEX II when it comes out.

I really enjoyed play ELEX and will buy ELEX II I missed that one in the E3 lineup. Thanks for the heads up Beuwolf.

To be honest E3 was so boring I might have dozed off while some games were being announced.

6 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I haven't played Stalker. It seemed like a creepier version of Fallout. I played Metro and according to reviews it is similar. Maybe I am missing something.

Gopher's has LP'd all the STALKER games. They are worth watching. He was very good at those games. I really enjoyed his LP's and when I am jonesing for some classic Gopher I will watch a STALKER or Metro LP.

I have only played the STALKER games that has XBox One controller support.

7 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I do not believe the negative hype about Starfield. Yes it is similar to Space Fallout, but it is more Steam-punk than Cyberpunk

I wonder why some would think a fallout in space would be a bad thing? I did not buy Cyberpunk it just was not my thing. I could not get into the Deus EX video games and I figured Cyberpunk would just be more of that and it was. I do plan to wait on Starfield until I see Gopher play a few levels. If I like what I see I will stop watching the LP and buy the game. Post playing it I will start watching the LP again to see how Gopher and I made different decisions.

7 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I haven't played Stalker. It seemed like a creepier version of Fallout.

To be honest there is no comparison between a STALKER game and Fallout.

Any kid can stumble thru fallout and be hand held to finish the game.

STALKER is for adults only, and not in a XXX way, they don't hold your hand and if you make enough bad decisions

you will lose the game. No one has ever lost a Fallout game. So wear your big boy pants if you are going to play STALKER.

20 hours ago, OutandBack said:

To be honest there is no comparison between a STALKER game and Fallout.

Any kid can stumble thru fallout and be hand held to finish the game.

STALKER is for adults only, and not in a XXX way, they don't hold your hand and if you make enough bad decisions

you will lose the game. No one has ever lost a Fallout game. So wear your big boy pants if you are going to play STALKER.

Thanks for the heads up. I did not catch this in the reviews I read.

• 2 weeks later...

I did find a game worth playing it is called "Days Gone" This was a Play Station game made by Sony but just released to PC. Has a real Horizon Zero Dawn feel to it.

Open world. You are a biker post virus distruction of the world. So zombie shooter. Beautiful world shooter mechanic are spot on.

70% of this game you are driving a motorcycle to run missions, best played with analog control sticks. You can build a stealth or run and gun player.