Gopher's Minions

Meery Minionmas!

Philosophercat

On 12/29/2020 at 3:19 PM, OutandBack said:

Merry Christmas Pcat it has been very lonely here without you.

I have done my best to keep the faith.

Still hoping for Bethesda to come out with a good game so we all can get the band back together.

I agree. I also want to wish OutlandBack best wishes for his outstanding struggle to keep the forum alive as all the fans have moved over to the live chats. And I have to admit even I am not as active due to work.

Wishing for a merry resurrection of old busy times.  

💥 💥 💥 💥 💥

I guess I am just old school, not to mention old as dirt, but I prefer the forum over live chat. I have logged into the live chat but don't see any advantage unless I am playing. Different strokes for different folks. I am Glad Gopher keeps the forum alive I know it cost him money. I hope If Bethesda comes out with a future ES that is fully mod-able life around will pick up. That said Bethesda has drug their feet so badly current mod makers have discovered women and thedistractions they bring. haha

• 3 months later...

Oh, friends! I'm sorry I missed your lovely replies. Retirement has not been kind, I'm afraid. My schedule is all over the place nowadays. Mom's health has declined a lot; I spend most of my time tending to her now which makes streaming... inconvenient to say the least. My only respite is in the form of D&D I'm running now on Roll20 and Discord.

I'm glad to see you holding in here! I have no idea what's been going on in my absence-- what is this 'live chat?' Is that the Discord?

Anyway, much love from me. :)

The forum is nearly non-functional. I think I am just about the only one around now save for OutlandBack. I answer an occasional question when someone has a load without all the .dlls or whatever in their system.

Most questions come from people who tried to install a ton of mods and don't know what is wrong when the game won't load. Most of these people don't take the time to understand Vortex.

Everyone is watching Gopher live -- GopherGaming - Twitch

Hardcore fans watch on Patreon.

Casual gamers watch on YouTube.

Everyone likes the ability to chat while Gopher plays. Gopher rants on all sorts of things which are not posted. I think Gopher is spoiled.

Oof, that's tough to hear. I can't really get in on either the livestreams or Patreon, so I guess that makes me a casual. :D

I do talk with some of the gang when they nudge me on Steam, but most of the time I'm AFK and just forgot to log off. Maybe I could bring one of my text games over here, if my regulars would be up for it, revive the place a little bit. We mostly play on Roll20 or Discord.

Yeah, as @Cryzeteursaid, the forum is nearly non-functional.  I'm a lurker so checking it everyday but posting very little, and part from posted videos by OutlandBack, there is very little activity here.  Gopher himself has not been here for over 2 years, or at least not been logged in since then. He seem to be quiet a bit more active on Twitch nowdays though.  Guess only time will tell how long the forums last ?

20 hours ago, Philosophercat said:

Oof, that's tough to hear. I can't really get in on either the livestreams or Patreon, so I guess that makes me a casual. :D

I do talk with some of the gang when they nudge me on Steam, but most of the time I'm AFK and just forgot to log off. Maybe I could bring one of my text games over here, if my regulars would be up for it, revive the place a little bit. We mostly play on Roll20 or Discord.

I love D&D when playing live. When playing on a move a day environment I get bored and forget to log in. Still I wouldn't mind trying if no one would get mad at me when I forgot to play.

I haven't had time to check in with the gang about running a game here. There are some really nice 'micro-rpgs' that you can play in one session. I ran one called Honey Heist, where you play as a criminal bear. You have two stats: CRIMINAL and BEAR. :

spacer.png

It was our Halloween game between D&D campaigns.

A mobile team of nurses came to vaccinate mom and me-- since mom can't walk, and I'm her sole caregiver. Otherwise, I wouldn't be eligible for it.

And my immune system is cycling through all of the side effects. :D Just a little of everything...

8 hours ago, TiDinzeo said:

I still keep an eye on the place.  Not that there ever seems to be much for me to do.

Tidz! Nice to see you! :D How have you been?

6 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Did you run Alice is Missing?

When I got home from church I meant to check in but fell asleep instead.

I did. It went really well. I don't know how much you'd want to hear in case you want to play the game yourself but it went by really fast and was very immersive. I think including set up the game took almost exactly two and a half hours. That wasn't including the post-game banter where we got all of our thoughts out about how the game went. Made some friends too.

I would definitely play it again.

2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Just getting Discord set up would probably take me an hour. LOL

The set=up instructions seemed very complicated.

I am not adverse with playing but i am sure I would need a lot of help setting up.

Yeah, set up was about an hour. Most of the set up could be done anytime, though. The developer actually gave me permission to set up a special server for the game, complete with a bot that does most of the actual gameplay work for you so you don't have to mess around with the clues, suspects, locations and searching cards at all. We just had to come up with some basics for our characters... relationships, stuff like that. Oh, and record our 'voicemails' to Alice. We only had one bump the whole time. Someone forgot to assign the ending card so we were running out of time and still didn't know the answer :D But I nudged them in the OCC chat and we got a really interesting cliffhanger ending which wouldn't have been possible otherwise. So it worked out :)