Gopher's Minions

MCM Problem..Not working/Reduntant?

Hey all. I'm very new to this modding and have been following the tutorial vids from the start. I got up to installing MCM but when Vortex installed  it, I didn't get the popup as the tutorial video showed , nor did I get any extra menu in the options menu after installing the other mods on the recommended list ( I went with the VUI versions ). I chose to keep going with the tutorial and got up to the Project Nevada mod. When I went to install it I got an error message saying that there were script errors during the install. I have tried removing and deleting the mod and re-downloading it but keep getting the same error. I have tried removing MCM but that made no difference and now I'm really stumped as to what to do. The game still launches and loads fine and I really wanted to get the extra weapons etc that PN gives you which is what started me on this whole modding thing in the first place. I really don't know what to do now. 

When you didn't get the popup when you first installed MCM that meant the mod was not working. That meant something was not installed correctly or was corrupted. From that first error things went downhill. You not have a severely corrupted install. About the only thing you can do, since you are a beginner, is start from scratch. Delete everything and start again. This includes Vortex. If you want to fiddle, which could take a very long time and might not work, you could try deleting everything since installing MCM and reinstalling it -- then gradually building back your mod list making sure there are no errors. You would also have to go back to an uncorrupted save file.

Project Nevada is really picky and must be installed meticulously. Any errors will make a mess of it.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Thanks but I already tried that, several times. I have reinstalled Vortex and started from the beginning again but the same thing is happening when I get to MCM, the same thing happens. No popup. I have deleted the MCM files and redownloaded it but get the same thing every time. I have included a screen shot of the error messages

PN install error in Vortex.JPG

PN Install Error 2 in Vortex.JPG

Yes I did. I played it for a while before I started modding. I checked at each step that it was working too. It loads fine from both launchers. It seems that the missing files are always in the downloaded file for PN. I was reading on a forum somewhere that Vortex sometimes mishandles files and wondered about trying a different Mod manager to see if that would fix the problem but Im not sure what else is out there and if I did whether I should start from scratch again with that one or just use it for PN.

Youu may not be installing correctly.

Gopher covers this topic in:

Modding Fallout NV Ultimate Edition part 1: User Interface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3c1a9cLL8&feature=emb_logo

He explains a bit more in:

Skyrim Mod : Mod Configuration Mod (MCM) without SkyUI
https://www.gophersvids.com/?gopher_video=skyrim-mod-mod-configuration-mod-mcm-without-skyui

Also:

MOD ORGANIZER – Fallout New Vegas #2 : User Interface

https://www.gophersvids.com/?gopher_video=mod-organizer-fallout-new-vegas-2-user-interface

Now I recently installed MCM along with about 50 mods using Gopher's instructions in Vortex and I had no problems what so ever.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Ok. Ive just finished watching the first video. When I started all this, I was following his video which did everything using Vortex. Do you think I should download the Nexus Mod Manager and try installing MCM with that seeing as it failed every time I tried doing it with Vortex? If I do do that, would I then need to start from scratch with the Nexus mod manager or could I leave the stuff Ive done with Vortex and just use the Nexus mod manager for MCM?

Edited by DJGrim
spelling error

Ok. Ive just gone through all three videos. I then went back through his 202 series right from the start. I totally started again and redid every step as per the videos. The only differences I can see are the files for JIP LN NVSE  and Darnified UI are later versions than whats in the video. Everything ele is the same right up to when I go to install MCM. Then I get the same errors coming up as first stated. Unless I can use Nexus Mod manager for MCM alongside Vortex for the others...I am totally stumped. I do not get the popup after installing MCM and nothing appears in the main game menu either. 

As I pointed out, the error message says that you are missing system files. I do not know what needs to be installed. I do not think they are files that could be replaced by a repair to the system. I think you are missing something else.

I typed "1keyebww.0.cs" missing into my browser and Steam identified it as a missing map file. 

A CS file is a source code file written in C#, an object-oriented programming language created by Microsoft for use with the .NET Framework. It is used for developing a range of applications, from simple desktop programs to applications for distributed environments.

Microsoft forums identified it as a NetFramework file.

Most responses identify it as a missing "package manager" file.

These files are installed as accessory files provided mostly by Microsoft to run special programs in Windows. I am not very familiar with all the files that can get corrupted in the Windows environment so I can't be of much help. It is possible that the easiest fix is to reinstall Windows from scratch. And then install all the accessory programs that the system uses.

If you knew what was missing you could just reinstall that program. You could reinstall NetFramework and see if that repairs the file.

Edited by Cryzeteur

When something like this happens the first thing to always do is update Windows. If Windows is not updated new versions of Windows programs work badly with old versions and your system gradually becomes corrupted.

Second, always run Update and check to see if any Update errors were encountered or if there are accessory programs like NET.Framework that need to be installed. Also you should have Update activated to check all accessory programs. If this is turned off, turn it back on.