Gopher's Minions

Have you seen the RTX 3000 Series launch

So I have the GTX 1080 Ti  "Bad Ass"  Water Cooled Video Card, and so so badly wanting to upgrade to the RTX 2080.   But now with the release (Sept 17th) of the RTX 3070 , 3080 at even cheaper price...  I think I am going for the RTX 3080  .

What say you?

I would say unless you are in a rush, wait until AMD announces their new cards and see what they offering.  The rumours are swinging up and down but most seem to suggest that their new card will be about the 3080 level, but.. it is a rumour so who knows. 🙃

Here are my specs. Yes I bought a ready made this time. The GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card) runs every game I own on ultra setting at 60 FPS

CASE  LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic XL Full-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side (Silver Color)
CPU:Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200
FAN:CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)
HDD:1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
IUSB:Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
KEYBOARD:CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY:16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MOTHERBOARD:ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe + WiFi 6 Intel 201AX
MOUSE:CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY:1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
SLI_BRIDGE:None
SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO:GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

48492610252_01a65647af_b.jpg