Gopher's Minions

What will it take to make this Forum amazing and busy

Sophieskyrim1984

Question

What will it take to make this Forum amazing and busy. I have been here since Sept 8 2018 and I seen then a slight spike in posting. But I feel now it has just got so quiet, I can hear other members thinking and typing something and then hitting the delete button and then logging out. I am the one at the moment posting, just to give life into this forum and I was wondering what do we need to make this place amazing and busy

I suggest a small chat box where people can chat and come up with threads or at least stay in contact about changing in the mod scene, gaming industry etc... I feel if a chat box was here, people would comeback and chat and it will make the forum alive again 

11 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Sophieskyrim1984 said:

What will it take to make this Forum amazing and busy.

The lul in posting coincided with the change in forum format. The old forum showed current posts on the main page including Gopher's videos.

The new format hides everything and is stale and immobile. It is dull and uninviting. What more can be said. I complained about this when it was done and was told it was due to a problem with reformatting the forum, though I have no idea why it was necessary. 

I think there's two reasons why this forum has gone quiet.  First was the the change in format, as Cryzeteur mentioned and the second was the community adoption of the Discord server.  Of course the forum and the Discord do different things well.  The discord is great for 'immediate' conversation with whoever's online whilst the forum is great for long term discussions where everyone gets to take part and can go back to the very beginning of the conversation if they want to.

Personally I check here reasonably often, at least once per day.  As for what it will take to make it more active again, I honestly don't know.  That's probably why I'm only a mod rather than an admin. :D

I think the forum has always picked up when Gopher plays an amazing game and members want to talk about the game and Gopher's playthru. Like the 2015 Witcher 3 There hasn't been anything even close to the W3. When the next ES single player games comes out this place will light up like a christmas tree. It might happen with 2077 but who knows.

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I think the forum has always picked up when Gopher plays an amazing game and members want to talk about the game and Gopher's playthru. Like the 2015 Witcher 3 There hasn't been anything even close to the W3. When the next ES single player games comes out this place will light up like a christmas tree. It might happen with 2077 but who knows.

OutlandBack You just love Witcher 3. I don't blame you, but Fallout 4, and Fallout NV Playthroughs also had a large following. Gopher Live has several hundred viewers. Gopher on Youtube has a bunch of followers that like Leonard. They just don't find anything to talk about here and I think it is due to the new format. When I saw the new format I almost deserted.

4 hours ago, Sophieskyrim1984 said:

I agree, but then I have to commend the staff and Gopher for keeping this place going and us as members. Change would be massively welcome. I guess time will tell

Yes the staff -- I think that is OutlandBack at the present time -- do an excellent job. It is not easy to keep on top of a web site.

Edited by Cryzeteur

This is turning out harder to respond to than I thought it would be.  I do miss the activity on this site but mostly I think that the immediacy of discord is hard to fight.  That said, I came here originally because a) there was a lot of information and b) there seemed to be a fair amount of folks who liked to play together. I haven't seen a lot of play in a long time and I don't know how to bring it back (this is almost a lie, but it would require me to do something).  Cryzeteur has more than done his bit (you know that he points out the cookies and warns of low flying things to new folks) but no-one has thrown any rutabaga's in a while.  Outside of wanting someone else to entertain me/us, what are we/you/I looking for?  I seem to be looking for an informal roleplaying area; what are you looking for and can I help you get achieve it?

OMG, I just realized I've probably never spoken to you before, welcome, and please, please if I'm not making any sense or..or..or..just anything that hasn't come off right, throw that empty wine bottle at me or maybe a pillow ... a pillow would be nice.

7 hours ago, Badges said:

This is turning out harder to respond to than I thought it would be.  I do miss the activity on this site but mostly I think that the immediacy of discord is hard to fight.  That said, I came here originally because a) there was a lot of information and b) there seemed to be a fair amount of folks who liked to play together. I haven't seen a lot of play in a long time and I don't know how to bring it back (this is almost a lie, but it would require me to do something).  Cryzeteur has more than done his bit (you know that he points out the cookies and warns of low flying things to new folks) but no-one has thrown any rutabaga's in a while.  Outside of wanting someone else to entertain me/us, what are we/you/I looking for?  I seem to be looking for an informal roleplaying area; what are you looking for and can I help you get achieve it?

OMG, I just realized I've probably never spoken to you before, welcome, and please, please if I'm not making any sense or..or..or..just anything that hasn't come off right, throw that empty wine bottle at me or maybe a pillow ... a pillow would be nice.

This post deserves a medal for the nice things you just said. Aside from criticism, I rarely get a thumbs up. It also deserves a 😁😆.

And Gopher always mispronounces my name. It is the name of a character in my Sci-Fi-Fantasy book and pronounced kre-ze-ter.  (Just in case Gopher sees this!) :)

Edited by Cryzeteur

15 minutes ago, TiDinzeo said:

I think there's two reasons why this forum has gone quiet.  First was the the change in format, as Cryzeteur mentioned and the second was the community adoption of the Discord server.  Of course the forum and the Discord do different things well.  The discord is great for 'immediate' conversation with whoever's online whilst the forum is great for long term discussions where everyone gets to take part and can go back to the very beginning of the conversation if they want to.

Personally I check here reasonably often, at least once per day.  As for what it will take to make it more active again, I honestly don't know.  That's probably why I'm only a mod rather than an admin. :D

This is one of the problems... we have many looky-lous who stand in the shadows and don't really participate. I am not criticizing... just noting ... lots of people don't post. Now this is probably because we are not gaining new minions here so there are not many questions. Also the games are pretty easily modded anymore so peeps don't have so many problems.

And of course, Discord (Twitch) are really busy and peeps just ask Gopher directly whatever they want.

And of course as Gopher just pointed out... Bethesda is dead in the water at the present time... No new good games in years.

The only hope on the horizon is Starfield and Beyond Skyrim and maybe some Fallout mods....

Edited by Cryzeteur

On 6/29/2020 at 1:40 PM, Sophieskyrim1984 said:

I agree, but then I have to commend the staff and Gopher for keeping this place going and us as members. Change would be massively welcome. I guess time will tell

There was a time way back when before Discord. Gopher would read posts and sometimes join in. Many new members joined thinking they could speak to Gopher and when that did not happen they were gone. Gopher is the star of this channel and without him we all are just LP watchers. So there is yet one more reason IMO posts have kind of dried up. Gopher has to pay for the server space every month. He must still see value in us.

Although we are not very busy now, this is still the place to ask for help when new stuff comes out. 

People got the feeling that Gopher never came here because he did not post very often. But that really is not true. He reads most messages here and thinks about them. He uses us as a resource.

Edited by Cryzeteur

I agree, besides I did not really come here to converse with Gopher, that would have been amazing for me if it came to fruition. I came for the social gathering of great gamer's and people. I feel the essences of gaming has been hurt over the years of many many interference with Micro-transactions, greed to a massive extend etc.. and the distrust in the gaming industry over the years. Yet I would have assumed a place like this would have been a vent to open up about our feelings towards all said issues. But evidently not as of late