Gopher's Minions

Can Bethesda recover, their lost reputation or lost trust or can they trust themselves to learn from their mistakes

Can Bethesda recover, their lost reputation or lost trust or can they trust themselves to learn from their mistakes

Do you think it is a lost cause for Bethesda to gain our trust again and their own. Our trust is a given, we trust many gaming companies for quality games and content etc... Do you think their own trust within themselves, has failed as well. In the sense that they do not believe enough in themselves to fix that in which they have broken and that is the company as a whole, 

For me personally, I have chances within me to give them. But and this is a huge " BUT " if star-field, and E.S VI are diluted by so much BS in transactions and lost quality content etc.. I feel that Bethesda is broken for good and might never recover

Edited by Sophieskyrim1984

I hope they can recover their original creative flare. If you look at Beyond Skyrim you can see what Bethesda could do if they wanted to. The question is: can the carry it off financially. When they started they were a fly by night company cobbled together with a dream. They were not doing well. The devs who produced Morrowind were inspired by their dream. I am not sure if Bethesda still has any concept of the original dream. I hope so.

It is so easy for game companies, and any company for that matter, to mutate away from whatever made them originally successful. It is not easy to stay on track. It is not easy to WANT to stay on track.

To Me this is a complex question.   Can they recover their lost trust   No.  This does not mean we won't buy the games, but I do believe  the Pre-orders will never be what they were "back in the day".   I think Pre-orders in general will drop off drastically, delays and crap delivery of games has burned to many people.

Second part  They do not believe enough in themselves to fix that in which they have broken  I don't think they see it as broken, more like a miss step, gamble on market direction .  I see a bigger problem for Bethesda...  Greed,  plain, simple GREED.  They have / had branding, they had great market share, they had/have the development resources (studios and people).  But in the game 76, I feel, they stopped caring about the game, the fans, and the "family" they had.   They were like the Coke Cola of gaming... and they wanted more MONEY, screw the family, forget the fans , hell forget the game world ... Let's go for the Money.   And until that changes Bethesda will never be great , the trust and the following they once had won't be there.

Don't get confused here... a company can make a boat load of money and still be great, a company is, for the most part, in it to make money (and they should) but when making money is more important that your fan base and what they want... then your doomed.

3 hours ago, Flyddon said:

`Second part  They do not believe enough in themselves to fix that in which they have broken  I don't think they see it as broken, more like a miss step, gamble on market direction .  I see a bigger problem for Bethesda...  Greed,  plain, simple GREED.  They have / had branding, they had great market share, they had/have the development resources (studios and people).  But in the game 76, I feel, they stopped caring about the game, the fans, and the "family" they had.   They were like the Coke Cola of gaming... and they wanted more MONEY, screw the family, forget the fans , hell forget the game world ... Let's go for the Money.   And until that changes Bethesda will never be great , the trust and the following they once had won't be there.

I can see how you would think this. I see what they were trying to do and feel like defending the idea that F76 would be a good tool to develop new technology. Yes, it is about money, but it is also about developing technologies that keep them on the leading edge of gaming. Unfortunately, F76 was an initial failure. They saw it as a partial success that could be fixed. The fans saw it as an exploitation of fan support.

It basically boils down to a total miscommunication between Bethesda and the gaming community. 

• 2 weeks later...