Philosophercat

Music

1,311 posts in this topic

Another oldie from the first forum. :)

This is my favourite piece of music atm. This game is amazing, the music is amazing, and the lyrics and the literary structure of it make this humanities nerd's heart wibble.

In order, the lyrics are:

Latin (Aeneid of Vergil)

Old English/Anglo-Saxon (Beowulf of Some Guy)

Ancient Greek (Odyssey of Homer)

French (Joan of Arc during her trial)

Japanese (Matsuo Bashō)

Tarvyn, OutandBack and Jogon like this

This is one of my favorite songs at the moment, pretty much rivalled only by his Song of the Dragonborn version :). This guy is truly an artist. If you check out his work from old to new you really see him grow, and I think he is one of the best at making this kind of music right now.

This is one of my favorite songs at the moment, pretty much rivalled only by his Song of the Dragonborn version :). This guy is truly an artist. If you check out his work from old to new you really see him grow, and I think he is one of the best at making this kind of music right now.

I like to make playlists that I use as 'soundtracks' for my novel to listen to while I write so I'm inspired by their tone. I think this one's going on the list :) Thank you! I'll have to check out the rest of his work.

Speaking of my novel's 'soundtrack' this song is my hero's theme: 'The Opened Way' from Shadow of the Colossus. SotC is the one game on console I'd love to see [uSER=4]@Gopher[/uSER] play if he ever decided to do a few console games. It's much too difficult for me to beat but the atmosphere and story are stunning-- and all told without words.

I like to make playlists that I use as 'soundtracks' for my novel to listen to while I write so I'm inspired by their tone.

That is exactly what I do, and this guy makes up about 80% of my playlist :)

A very good track by the way, love it!

Philosophercat and Okmeery like this

In case no one knows the genre this is called Drum & Bass. (Brace yourselves, I'm going to post a lot of songs! Haha)

Keep in mind that this is not "noise" like many people say -_-

Wellspring Station likes this

In case no one knows the genre this is called Drum & Bass. (Brace yourselves, I'm going to post a lot of songs! Haha)

Keep in mind that this is not "noise" like many people say -_-

Definitely one of the cool genres to listen to! I like trap and general house more though.

Also, this thread needs some more symphonic metal. Amazing genre for those who love epic, fantasy-style melodies and lyrics with some metal/rock zing. Who knew such opposite music types would go together so well?

jaKz9 likes this

I... I can't explain that. :X

I feel broken inside... Just sitting here, staring into the nothingness of reality and I can feel the vast emptiness of the universe... and all I hear is Supergeil (and no I havent been drinking or smoking anything)

My Music (ATM). Because I could not pick one, here they are:

Hardstyle

German Pagan-Folk

I honestly have no idea what type of music this is!

THIS TRACK CONTAINS REFERENCES TO DRUG ABUSE AND SEXUAL INTERCOURSE THAT SOME MAY FIND OFFENDING!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Yeah I know, I'm quit weird concerning music :p

HighNinjaFly likes this

I honestly have no idea what type of music this is!

If I'm not mistaken, it's Dark Wave or something down that line.

Might as well throw my favorite band in the mix. Manowar. This particular song should be played at my funeral. I am not kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uNW0TSFXg

Jasch and Rodzyn like this

If I'm not mistaken, it's Dark Wave or something down that line.

Might as well throw my favorite band in the mix. Manowar. This particular song should be played at my funeral. I am not kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uNW0TSFXg

First of all thank you.

About you song: I've actually plugged in my DJ Headphones for it (which is a pain in the you know what I mean)

And I have to say: It was damn worth the effort! Love it!

The part with the funeral: I could arrange that *grabs lever-action-shotgun, a cowboy hat and some whiskey*

And because no post without music (in my opinion!):

The main theme of my favourite movie! Hunt for Red October