Gopher's Minions
Flyddon

I find it weird playing The Divison 2 with what's happen in RL

So your in Cali...  how bad is it there where you are?  I know you have the Shelter in Place order in most of CA, (joking here) have you seen any National Guard yet, are you able to still get stuff  (i.e. Food, TP, Clorox)?

Some of my co-workers are in Palo Alto  and other than TP and any kind of cleaner or disinfectant their OK.  Many of them (the young ones) are finding it hard to stay at home.  Brandy says even the dog park still has large groups of people.

Atlanta has shut down restaurants, bars , night clubs...  only take out now.   I went to Home Depot yesterday and it was very few people.  Wal Mart is still a freaking mad house.

No National Guard or anything like that. No TP left on the shelves last Tuesday. Groceries are being restocked at a reasonable rate. No real shortages ... except maybe TP and cleaners. Most people are hunkered down, but then we have a number of people sick with the virus. One of my best friends has two of his grand-kids sick with it. Personally I haven't been anywhere since Tuesday. But there were workers in the yard weeding earlier and my landlord spends most days running around.

All in all, I am a bit of a hermit anyway, so it really hasn't affected me.

Good to hear your dealing with it.  And the same here with us, we're old farts that don't go out much any way, it's my son I worry about... having to work at Wal Mart.  I make him sanitize his hands before he comes in or touches a door knob, he leaves his shoes outside, which we lysol spray each night, and he works in the freezer area so he's not in direct contact with the messes.   Good part is he can score us  Clorox and TP as it comes off the truck.   My neighborhood is houses and we are not crowed with arms reach of each other so other than not going to the store or having to wipe down all packages with a Clorox rag... all is good here.

Clorox rag =  half gallon bucket of water and a half a cup of Clorox and a white cloth rag.  Before there was disposable wipes this is what you used.

There are still controversial reports on research to determine how long the virus survives on surfaces. It does survive for quite a long time, but the real question is, what amount of virus (infective dose) must be contacted to contract the disease. This is still unknown. I am not sure you must touch your face to contract the disease. It is a tiny virus and may pass into skin pores. So for no-one in the US has recovered. The symptoms linger for a long time.

Personally, maybe because I am a biologist and have a very good understanding of such things, I am not worried. I am healthy in all ways that count.

I expect to be exposed, possibly by touching packages of food stuffs, cans, etc. Or maybe through friends. You don't have to have symptoms to carry the virus. But I doubt it will be much worse than a cold for me. I rarely get colds or flu. I am pretty resistant.

Best wishes to all the minions. And get well soon to anyone sick.   :)

P.S. A month ago a fellow that runs a nursery for plants got terribly sick and he gave it to me. A mutual friend reported diagnosed corona virus in his family. We all had the same symptoms as reported for the corona virus. I was sick two weeks with very mild symptoms. Maybe that was it.

Edited by Cryzeteur

oh   great  *sprays computer screen with lysol *

Yea  the information bit  is the weak link here, but with my wife and half a lung removed because of Cancer, I don't take chances...  at least until the one year life Ins limit has passed, then I am sending her to China for a vacation :)

I did see this   https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/9056/The-Coronavirus-Explained-And-What-You-Should-Do

It was pretty good.