Gopher's Minions

Outer Worlds Thoughts (Review?)

I finished my first play through in about 52 hours (Normal mode).  46 quests completed 2 botched. Good game  if a bit short. Replayability is moderate as it stands now. I have started a solo (no companions) game. I am sure I will do one more playthrough after this one but I doubt it will go beyond that. Combat is on the easy side even for someone like me with low skill. Loot is extreme there is so much stuff lying around that it defeats the item durability mechanic. I never purchased a consumable or ammo of any kind. About mid way through I switched from cautious sniper to spray and pray with combat rifles. Even with no aiming skill and just dumping rounds on target I never came close to running out. The AI is pretty weak making the sneak skill questionable. The story and writing are good if a bit predictable at times. Overall I really like the game I am hoping they will add more over time with DLC. If you are into combat this game really isn't it. The focus is all on the conversations and the stories in the terminals.

Edited by ShawnBoucher
  • 1 month later...

I finished my blind playthrough about ... a week after it released. I really enjoyed it, it wasn't an exeptional game, but it is a good game still. Perks however, well they suck tbh. 3 Tiers and how many are actually useful? And who's idea was it to make us walk at a bloody snail's pace? I refused to waste a damn perk point into the walk/sprint perks. A total and utter waste, they are.