Jump to content
Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

The Outer Worlds... Anyone else drooling for this game?

Recommended Posts

Think about it. A Fallout game without Bethesda's input. I can't wait to see what Obsidian has cooked up. We are only a few weeks away from release. I have not been this excited since Witcher 3. Good Lord I hope Gopher has made room for a bling LP of this game. The gaming world needs this so badly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a review that said it was great but very short, about 20 hours for that player.  That's concerning to me, $60 for one week of play.  Although the reviewer did say he saw some repeatability in it.   I just pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC, I've heard good things there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

I read a review that said it was great but very short, about 20 hours for that player.  That's concerning to me, $60 for one week of play.  Although the reviewer did say he saw some repeatability in it.   I just pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC, I've heard good things there.

20 hours is only 2 days play for me. Not worth $60. However, I watched a review that said it was replayable using different characters: stealth or speech or melee or guns, etc. I don't like the fact that it is not on Steam. I am still undecided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

I read a review that said it was great but very short, about 20 hours for that player.  That's concerning to me, $60 for one week of play.  Although the reviewer did say he saw some repeatability in it.   I just pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PC, I've heard good things there.

I also read the game was very short which is odd do to how detailed the lvling systems are for you and your followers. I've heard it take ~40 hours if you try to do everything. That's about 260 hours to short for me. I'm watching Coll Carnages LP and will decide to buy or pass after I complete that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reviewer did say he was not a completion est (sp), but he did explore.  It's different for everyone of course, the maker did state that the game was dense  in that there was a lot of detail, specially in the dialog branching.  But I need something that will carry me over until April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyddon said:

This reviewer did say he was not a completion est (sp), but he did explore.  It's different for everyone of course, the maker did state that the game was dense  in that there was a lot of detail, specially in the dialog branching.  But I need something that will carry me over until April.

One of the reviewers said there is a lot of dialogue so that RP is very good because every choice has consequences. That will make Gopher's approach really good, I think. But it is disappointing that it is such a small game.

Gopher may stretch it out to 40 episodes.

I really can't afford $60 for a quickie.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you that thinking about playing the game.  You could get the xBox game pass for PC for $1 if you not already signed up to it.  If you happen to have the console subscription, you can convert the time on that and get the Ultimate pass for $1 as well, and it would convert any time you have left on the normal console pass to Ultimate, up to 36 months.  Tad cheaper if money is tight, and you also have about 100 other games you can play.  On your PC, no need for console unless you already have one of course. 

The only requirement would be that you have Windows 10, and of course you wont be owning the game, but if you find it satisfactory, you can then buy the game once it is down in price.  Just make sure to read the fine print to be on the safe side.

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

For you that thinking about playing the game.  You could get the xBox game pass for PC for $1 if you not already signed up to it.  If you happen to have the console subscription, you can convert the time on that and get the Ultimate pass for $1 as well, and it would convert any time you have left on the normal console pass to Ultimate, up to 36 months.  Tad cheaper if money is tight, and you also have about 100 other games you can play.  On your PC, no need for console unless you already have one of course. 

The only requirement would be that you have Windows 10, and of course you wont be owning the game, but if you find it satisfactory, you can then buy the game once it is down in price.  Just make sure to read the fine print to be on the safe side.

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

In my research it is 1 dollar plus 5 dollars a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

In my research it is 1 dollar plus 5 dollars a month.

That's correct, if you never had a subscription.  If you want though, and of course, can afford it.  You could buy 3 x 12 monthly (as max, of course can buy less months) Xbox only game passes from keysites for around 40 Pound, so about 50 Dollars or so I think.  Open an account on Xbox, unless you have one already  Add the 3x12 month passes.  Then you buy the 1 Dollar subscription for PC, and all those 36 month will be upgraded from Xbox game pass to ultimate game pass, which then allows you to play the Microsoft games both on your Xbox (if you have one) and PC.

Which when now doing the calculation is not that big of a saving, but it would be roughly 4 dollars per month then, compared with the PC pass.  But since this is actually a ultimate pass, which costs normally 14,99 dollars per month, there is some savings to be had.  This would only really be a benefit if you have an Xbox though, if only on PC as you can see, wont be that much of a saving.  Although, looking at the Xbox game pass comparison site, PC pass might be 9,99 per month, since it crossed out for the moment and saying 4,99/mo (Introductory price).  So who knows, if price goes up, then it actually might be worth it this way as well, as long as your first membership for ultimate will be just 1 Dollar.

Taken from Join Xbox Games Pass site.

Quote

Note: Purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Xbox Game Pass Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).

Now, I have not done this personally (yet!) since I'm still on Windows 7, but thinking of upgrading so who knows.  But that's what I read on a UK forum I'm on.  If interested, although it is quiet a bit of reading, I post that link as well here - Xbox Game Pass for PC | Overclockers UK Forums -, incase anyone want to read what people that actually done it says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the reviews Ive seen have been about normal difficulty. I think if you limit fast travel (or exclude it) and you role play more than just attempt to complete quests this game will be far longer. I haven't tried the supernova difficulty but no doubt that is going to add quite a bit of time as well. Replay-ability seems pretty high as well. I just failed a companion mission while sorting inventory and upgrading weapons. I found that annoying but without scum saving you will need to replay the game if you want to see it all. Its a really good game so far only time will tell if it holds up tho. Im at about 26 hours and I have only visited a couple planets. Of course I play pretty slow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ShawnBoucher said:

Most of the reviews Ive seen have been about normal difficulty. I think if you limit fast travel (or exclude it) and you role play more than just attempt to complete quests this game will be far longer. 

This is exactly why I want to see what Gopher does with it.

Personally, I am sort of a rush-through completion-ist... I know that is contradictory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ShawnBoucher said:

It occurs to me that the way Obsidian set this game up is perfect for DLC. They can both add new areas to existing planets and add new planets/space stations to the map.

Just about any open world game can get new areas or continents or even planets. I remember a DLC which was short lived because it was so oddball that allowed a player to go from Skyrim to a moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...