Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

Fallout 76 Modding : Pitfalls & Problems

Personally I am not motivated to make any mods for Fallout 76.

I might install a few just to see how it works.

I'll probably just watch Gopher play 76. I did not really like it. It got rapidly boring..

I have not been following the Bethesda forums. I didn't think modding that game was a thing. Are people talking about it like it is something they want? Looking at Skyrim and FO4 mods I just don't see those kinds of mods working in 76. Reskinned outfit or gun sure OK. I sure would not be interested in a player home or fancier cities. I loved west virginia vanilla. Two of my favorite LPers MATN and OXhorn both covered 76 really well. I put about 600 hours in but nothing Bethesda has offered lately has made me want to go back in.

12 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

As I understand it, modding can change anything except game mechanics. You can't make a more powerful weapon or better armor, but mods that change appearance, weather, cosmetics, etc. is fine. Personally I don't see any point.

I wonder how that would work? If I mod a new outfit what do others see when they look at me? They don't have my mod installed. I really enjoyed the game for what it was but I played thru about 3 times. Only launched one time. Too much work for what it was worth. Better to go shoot and loot someones nuked site. I mostly played the game as a single player ignoring the others. On playthru I did help many lower lvl players lvl up and that was fun as well. It would take a lot to get me to reload the game I would rather mod the crap out a skyrim SE and roleplay a new character sans dovahkiin. I just can't see that type of modding in 76.

Supposedly, cosmetic changes can appear in the game being uploaded to the server.

I agree about the game play. It was fun helping others, but I got addicted to Final Fantasy Online and really loved the community. Same thing. After doing all the quests I didn't want to do them again, even when new content was added. Still fun to just run around though.

Fallout 76 isn't fun to run around. Once it's done it's done.