Gopher's Minions
Beuwolf

GreedFall - A new RPG game from Spiders.

Hey all,

Anyone heard about these developers ? I never have and just heard about this upcoming game today. Having watch some trailers and one of their Webseries videos about the game it sure sounds very interesting !! Have put the game on my wishlist for now, might buy it before it is out on the 10th of September this year.

Some trailers for those that are interested.

And here is the link to the website. Would be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about the game and if anyone played any of Spiders previous games and what you think of them as developers ?

Found a bit of gameplay that IGN posted, and some talk about the game as it being showed. Seems to have an rather large skill tree. Can also have 5 companions, and depending on how you interact with them they can either be helpful, or betray you !  😮

It sounds like a perfect fit to a Gopher play through. However, Spiders has not shown itself to be a grade AAA gaming company.

Spiders is a new French gaming company. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiders_(company)

Their games include:

Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack The Ripper
Faery: Legends of Avalon
Gray Matter
Of Orcs and Men
Mars: War Logs
Bound by Flame
The Technomancer
Greedfall

I did try Faery: Legends of Avalon but I don't remember much about it. It was really old school, but then that was 2010.

Since my experience was so long ago I checked up on their last game, Technomancer. Here is an IGN review: 

The Technomancer Review
Some promising ideas are squandered on technically deficient combat.
seems like an RPG inspired by the greats of the genre, but it never really understands the fundamental elements that made them great. It has all the moving parts of a mid-2000s BioWare game but lacks technical polish and storytelling finesse to a sometimes painful degree. Far too many crucial building blocks are poorly implemented for any piece to really break through the canopy of mediocrity.

There’s no number or hint in the title, but The Technomancer is a follow-up to developer Spiders’ poorly received 2013 RPG, Mars: War Logs. The Technomancer takes place amidst the same war between dystopian corporations on a richly realized vision of the red planet. https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/28/the-technomancer-review

So... they do not have a very good record.

Edited by Cryzeteur