Gopher's Minions

I didn't expect Todd to talk about any new releases (although Fallout Shelter in the Tesla is a surprise). He's trying to build this image of himself as an innovator, they know each other from a ways back, so why not sit down and talk about the future? And they went places...

Todd also mentioned going to SpaceX to snoop for ideas for Starfield so at least we know they will try to make space in the game as realistic as possible without being dull and punishing.

Elon seemed out of place which is not a surprise. The questions at the end were just... :rolleyes:gopherMoo

It was more a meeting of two minds that are trying to push the boundaries in their respective fields having a chat.

Where Todd's mind is going... I get the feeling he's not excited about TES anymore which makes me a little sad. Maybe that's where his mind has been all along. To make another TES akin to Skyrim would be playing it safe, while making something new is taking a risk. We already know he's not averse to taking risks (Fallout 76), I just don't know how that's good for fans of BGS games, so far known and loved, or his company's bottom line. Time will tell.

Edited by Eliorim
typo *excited
23 hours ago, Eliorim said:

Where Todd's mind is going... I get the feeling he's not excited about TES anymore which makes me a little sad. Maybe that's where his mind has been all along. To make another TES akin to Skyrim would be playing it safe, while making something new is taking a risk. We already know he's not averse to taking risks (Fallout 76), I just don't know how that's good for fans of BGS games, so far known and loved, or his company's bottom line. Time will tell.

Well, from what we know so far, ESVI will be a true ES game --- which is good. We also know that the technological advances they made with graphics and MP will contribute to both ESVI and Starfield. We also know the ESVI is supposed to come out before Starfield. Still, even if there is some MP aspect in ESVI it is still supposed to be SPRPG. Starfield will most likely be MMORPG. But Starfield is another experimental game where they are developing more new tech, so it may be a shock to the community like Fallout76..

• 1 year later...