Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

Metro Exodus down loading.

Hey OutandBack,

Have you made it passed the bridge ? and taken the long train ride...  I can't get off the train, I know it's going to the next section... but I have been on the train for 45 min rt.

34 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

Hey OutandBack,

Have you made it passed the bridge ? and taken the long train ride...  I can't get off the train, I know it's going to the next section... but I have been on the train for 45 min rt.

I am on the train. That was where I paused/saved the game so far.

You have to look at the map in the train cabin and deside whether to go forward in the game or explore the train further. Stand by Anna and she will say look at the map.

You can't go backwards from that point. If you missed any books or post cards. You will have to start a new game to find them

11 minutes ago, Badges said:

so Metro Exodus is out?  am I to assume that we've lost Gopher?  I am so far behind the times.

I don't know where Gopher is these days. He is not playing any games I am interested it.

You can check the Video and Streaming notifications I keep that up to date daily.

https://community.gophersvids.com/forum/48-video-and-stream-notifications/

16 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I am on the train. That was where I paused/saved the game so far.

SP where are you now (in a spoiler-less way)?

I have made it to the SAND and can see the LIGHT  <- that's my attempt at spoiler-less position

Biggest issue I am having is the learning curve , how to repair your gas mask,  The fact that you can  (and should ) break down all weapons.  I did not realize that not only can you pick out weapons (swapping them) but if you select "R" you can break down the ones you don't pick up.

Oh well live and learn...

1 hour ago, Flyddon said:

SP where are you now (in a spoiler-less way)?

I have made it to the SAND and can see the LIGHT  <- that's my attempt at spoiler-less position

Biggest issue I am having is the learning curve , how to repair your gas mask,  The fact that you can  (and should ) break down all weapons.  I did not realize that not only can you pick out weapons (swapping them) but if you select "R" you can break down the ones you don't pick up.

Oh well live and learn...

I've not started the game back up yet. Its the weekend and I do a lot of family things then.

I'm retired so I like to play when I have the house to  myself. Games I enjoy have come very slowly since the Witcher 3 so I am savoring Metro just a chapter at a time. I'm also not watching any LP's of the game until I go thru the game twice. My first playthru is always learning the game and I go in guns a blazing. My second playthru will be a no kill if possible. These metro games are really fun with the no kill stealth game play they allow.

I play on PC but with a xbox controller so learning the controls can be tricky. I love the gun fire rumblepack feedback when firing a weapon. Also the camera work  is so smooth.

I have not figured out how to remove my mask yet or repair with tape. I can switch weapons, punch, take a stim wipe my mask, look at my stealth light, turn on my lamp or light my lighter and throw a can.

48 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I play on PC but with a xbox controller

Heretic, Blasphemer....  xbox controller used with a PC .

Anyway  can't help you much there, I am sure you know where the options menu is (PC and key board it is esc), and you can do key bindings there.  In the field, Gas Mask repair is "G"   remove gas mask is Hold "G"  which is very important, because if you wear all the time, you use up your filters.

Well have fun. :)

So I finished it.   To me, not worth the $60.  It was fun, great graphics, Great Story, not long enough, too linear, on normal mode too hard in 3 different spots...  extremely hard, save every minute hard, but the rest of the game was normal difficulty .

I may try another play through, but the only thing different would be looking for post cards. :(

@Flyddon I was afraid of that. I hate short games. Here's hoping the DLC's ad a bunch on content. I'm thru the church and at the crane. Yep I really going slow. Been playing Enderal's new content more. I've always played with bow and sword with a little magic. This time mostly magic and might try the werewolf. I did not like it skyrim even when I maxed the werewolve out with all perks. Way to under powered.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Flyddon said:

As far as Metro goes...  your doing right play it slow.  But it is to short for the money.

So I got to ask did you run and gun your way thru or did you play the game in stealth with no kill of any innocent people? Knock outs only and you did not lose any of your crew?

I ask because I am 30 hours in, I have had to restart a chapter or two do to bad stealth moves on my part. My place in the game at the school just killed the big bear and there is no end of game in site for me. If the game is over in the next 5 minutes please don't tell me, HaHa. 

Spoiler

This is sad but I really play this game good when drunk and very bad when sober. I have no patience when sober and will rush an area. Biggest mistake you can make in this game. With enough patience I'll bet you could play this game without firing one bullet.

I tried Stealth all the way...  Key word  "tried".

Where you are now, you still have a good 5 to 10 hours of play... if I remember the forest people where after the desert stuff...   I can't remember where the HQ was at tho...   So yea   your not to close to the end.

And yes  I lost a few of my people, some of them I think were written in   that way... I don't think I made any major mistakes.

Anyone else playing Metro Exodus? If so please post your thoughs. Where you are in the game? What is your game play strategy?

How is the game running on your system?

Me GTX780 on medium 60fps

I also heard don't try SLI the game will run like crap.

3 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

I tried Stealth all the way...  Key word  "tried".

Where you are now, you still have a good 5 to 10 hours of play... if I remember the forest people where after the desert stuff...   I can't remember where the HQ was at tho...   So yea   your not to close to the end.

And yes  I lost a few of my people, some of them I think were written in   that way... I don't think I made any major mistakes.

My first loss causing me to reload that chapter was

Spoiler

When taking the bridge. If you kill one of the fish people while trying to get the thing to drop you lose the young guy. Not having him effects the next area. Loosing your people and killing innocent people effects what is said in the game how much you are liked by your team and the ending.

yea  I lost the young guy...  but I don't know what changes were made or not...   so I move on.  

Once you finish,  we can discuss the differences  if you like.   There is one point in the city, you will die, and die   and die   so save game often.   I don't want to spoil it for you, but at that point it's not about game play or skill, it's if you don't step here and move there and kill that before you move there  type of crap...

My game play  (of course with the 1080) was smooth and superb...  snowflakes and dust particles, all good.

So is no one on the forum playing metro but me and Flyddon?

I'm on my 3rd playthru I'm playing a bad Artyom this time. Killing everything, max negative carma, for the super bad ending. It is very hard to play this way.

Shooting innocent people in the face. I have to quit all time it not too fun but I want to hear the voice actors and see the bad cut scenes and its the only way to do it.