Gopher's Minions

New Video: Tamriel Maid Service

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Ummm... instead of bones.... um... well my keyboard is so sticky that I must have spilled a coke on it.

umm... and my mouse has a short in it....

annoying. :)

My keyboard is a really old Compaq Presario sk-2700, so it's tough as nails...with big buttons...and if it got all sticky, I'd soak it in alcohol...I think...

Buuut...I was gonna tell you guys

I added a few mods I'd downloaded earlier...funny thing, I cant log back in to the nexus to get any more...

It had cleared my fields, due to 'inactivity', and I forgot my password...

...and it wont let me reset my password via the e-mail confirmation they sent when I told them I needed to reset my password...

I changed it, went back to log in, told me invalid token...it said I needed to log in, but, it won't let me log in, cuz I forgot my old password, and need to reset it...

...so, that's really, really weird...in a catch-22 kinda way... :( 

Good thing I already got a few good things to go along with Castle Albanna (which I added)...like CBBE...

...and a couple Hobbit houses :)

Why this sort of thing always happens to me around tax-time, I'll never know... ;) 

At least my character looks awesomer now :) 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okey-dokey...got this posted for you guys and gals to see what sort of improvements you can expect from my videos from now on...   The mic was set a little low, so I'll get that fixed b

I know, two weeks later... I am so, so, so far ahead of this in recordings, like 40 hours I need to edit... But, I have a new mousepad now, and a new mouse, and a new Blue Yeti...

Here's another one...with more to come. 😃 I'll be putting more up, more often, now that things are going steady at work (yeah, I know, I get my act together, and the world crumbles around me righ

I had a similar issue trying to long in to GOG. Wanted to play a little Witcher to kill some time. Double clicked the GOG Galaxy icon and got a you can't long in because another client on this computer is already logged in. What ever that means? I am the sole person using this computer there are no other clients but me. So using Glary Utilities I just went in and deleted the GOG Gallaxy  from my computer. After spend 45 minuted screwing with it I no longer wanted to play W3.

On a second topic The picture quality and frame rate has really improved on your videos that are much better.

4 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I had a similar issue trying to long in to GOG. Wanted to play a little Witcher to kill some time. Double clicked the GOG Galaxy icon and got a you can't long in because another client on this computer is already logged in. What ever that means? I am the sole person using this computer there are no other clients but me. So using Glary Utilities I just went in and deleted the GOG Gallaxy  from my computer. After spend 45 minuted screwing with it I no longer wanted to play W3.

On a second topic The picture quality and frame rate has really improved on your videos that are much better.

I would suspect someone has hacked your GOG account.

So @RoachBait  if you read this:  in my mod if you didn't see the courier, but your sure you have loaded the mod   you can...

setstage <quest id> <stage value>

Quest stage 5 is the point the courier gives you the note to start the quest, stage 10 is where you find Jared's journal ,the quest ID is   NGIJMeetingLealaQuest   and the quest name is "Meeting Leala"

I think the command    SetStage NGIJMeetingLealaQuest 5    should put the courier's note in your inventory, so you could then read it and start the mini quest.

21 hours ago, Flyddon said:

So @RoachBait  if you read this:  in my mod if you didn't see the courier, but your sure you have loaded the mod   you can...

setstage <quest id> <stage value>

Quest stage 5 is the point the courier gives you the note to start the quest, stage 10 is where you find Jared's journal ,the quest ID is   NGIJMeetingLealaQuest   and the quest name is "Meeting Leala"

I think the command    SetStage NGIJMeetingLealaQuest 5    should put the courier's note in your inventory, so you could then read it and start the mini quest.

I have this mod installed but it has never started. Is this a bug? Should I just use the console command to start it?

yea  if it never starts for you,  sure  use the console command.

The way it works for most is, once the mods is installed and you start the game... where ever you are...  the very next time you change cells   (say Whiterun to Riften) the courier will come find you   give you a note and leave...  you are to read the note.

The note is named   "Jared's decree"   so if you see that in your inventory that's what you need to read , and then go to the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood and look for his journal.

Someone on Nexus made screen shot of where you find the items and the entrance to the "castle"   (it's not a castle).

• 1 month later...

Ok everyone, had to do a 'little' sound editing on this one...(like, 4 hours worth)

But, here ya go ;) 

As it turned out, Flyddon, the courier was glitched a little at the half-moon Creek Brdge, where I met some Thalmor, and had jumped off my horse in the middle of them, separating the one in charge with the other two, and their captive, right as the courier was running up to me to drop off a letter from the Jarl of Falkreath...

So, he was still there...patiently waiting, he handed me the letter, then ran off...I have all that coming up in a couple more episodes.

This here is a few hours before all that, yes, I know, I take forever to edit and upload, I have a job and all that, and my mom has me doing stuff for her all the time...;)

Along with a thousand other excuses :) 

I'll eventually get the Nexus thing fixed, I think it got confused by me trying to log in on one account with the name/password from my other one on Google, because I figured a new account to go with my new system would make things go smoother, but, noooo... :)

Luckily I had a few mods already...including Castle Albanna...(cuz Leala is kinda my best buddy now :)

Yeah OutAndBack, its a whole new high FPS/Hi-def world with a better setup than my old laptop, worth every penny ;) 

Ok Flyddon, I did some rather extensive study on the ring of door seeing, as requested...

It seems if you get the ring, take it to another cell (like, the city of Whiterun), and drop it off somewhere (like, on the ground, or, sell it) without getting close enough to the door to trigger the event that happens, there is no door until you go back and get the ring, and bring it close enough to trigger the event ("you hear someone softly weeping in the distance")...

Ok, if you never take the ring, even having the location as described in the book, there is no door either...

Gotta have the ring...the book, alone, is not enough...

Finding the Jared's Journal in Riverwood was my Achilles heel...

I mean, I looked for a loooong, looooong time, while recording, mind you, thinking the whole time "This is gonna be great if it takes me an hour to find this damn book and its eventually gonna be laying right out there in the open"...

So I looked everywhere, even outside, around the whole building...for like, 45 minutes...

Guess what?

Yep, right out in the open...like I thought...

Glad I filmed all that, so everyone could see me going insane, and, I had proof it wasn't just me imagining things, again... :)

But, here ya go, enjoy :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I know, two weeks later... :)

I am so, so, so far ahead of this in recordings, like 40 hours I need to edit...

But, I have a new mousepad now, and a new mouse, and a new Blue Yeti...

Soooooo, in about 40 hours of more videos, you guys can see how much it improves how well I stumble around cluelessly, get in fights with random monsters, and say stuff... :)

I'm currently at about 140 total hours total playtime, cuz I take forever to read stuff I drag home, and yes, I've read all the books I found in this one already.

I just got curious as to what condition Helgen was in, seeing how a dragon kinda wrecked it a while back...

Enjoy :)

Ok, one step closer to Castle Albanna :)

I only get the very best thumbnails for the title screen :)

This was recorded in the middle of April, and, a lot has happened since this was recorded...

Yeah, Bunny Boo hasn't even seen a Troll, yet...and Spriggins are bad enough at this point, but, not impossible...

...just really scary :)

This one gets a little dark towards the end...but, I decided Bunny Boo isn't an evil, cold-hearted murderer, things are bad enough in the world, the last thing it needs is more mean people...and, this ain't New Vegas...

...besides that, the Dark Brotherhood assassins still want her dead, so, there is that...

...and, beside that, someone has to be "the good guys"...

"Hobbit Homes And Broken Fangs" :)

Ok, the next episode will be when I started Castle Albanna...by Flyddon

This one has the Hobbit house near the Lady Stone, south of the island it's on...

Bunny Boo meets the Revelers again, this time it's pretty hilarious, with different results...

...it turns out random Sabre Cats are random :) 

Ok, this turned into two parts...

It would have been another half hour longer without editing...

...and, there is a second part, which is a bit more streamlined, aaaand, Bunny Boo doesn't get murdered as much... :)

So this is more like a prolog, and, it was a couple months ago, which makes it a bit funny to watch now...because, so much has happened since then...

11 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Your conversational style is much improved with much less blank space. Gopher edits out much of the blank space and he always has a companion to talk to. Having a companion to talk to makes the talk more interesting and natural.

Yeah, I am hating the "***hisssss***" of the dead air, drives me nuts...one episode many thumps and bumps, it took me about four hours to edit an hour...

A little further on, I have the new mouse, keyboard, mousepad, and the Blue Yeti hooked up (and that thing picks up coyote farts half-way across the desert)

This last episode was at the end of April, and my birthday was a couple weeks past that, which is when I got most of my stuff upgraded, the Yeti took another week past that to show up...

And, yeah, I talk to Leala quite a bit (she's coming up in the next episode), or, my horse, Kriaan-Key ("Killer Horse", in Nord) which I start calling "Cranky" for short, cuz, well, it's obviously insane, and, it attacks everything :)

Sometimes I do get lost in the view, and saying anything, just seems pointless...

I do enjoy the silence, at times...the place I work is a very noisy cabinet shop, and, I'm the guy running the edge-bander all day, and that thing is far from silent...

But yeah, thanks :)

17 hours ago, Sophieskyrim1984 said:

Nice video friend, I apologise I have not watched your other one's. But from this, I should well done

Thank you Sophieskyrim1984, no need to apologize :)

There are many more episodes (shorter in length) coming soon, where I have a little better handle on the game...

Yet, I still know very, very little past all the books I've picked up, and read in the game...

...so, I wander around, pretty much blissfully unaware :)

Just an old n00b ;)

Bunny Boo shall one day be whispered about as a dark legend, by bandits, necromancers, and other degenerates, all across Tamriel...

They will recoil, startled, with shivering fear, at the mere mention of her name...

Long live Bunny Boo, of the Tamriel Maid Service! :D 

Alrighty...Here it is, probably the way it should have gone, to begin with :) 

As you can see, Bunny Boo has had enough messing around, and yes, the last one was literally another half hour of wandering around the Sleeping Giant Inn at Riverwood...

Cuz, it seemed like that corner had a "Somebody else's problem" field set up around the Jared's journal, or, something...I digress, in my blindness...

Not so blind, this time, and everything went rather smoothly, unlike last time, which sort of illustrates the things you run into (or, don't run into) when doing mod reviews... :)

This one is a little more straight to the point, and Bunny Boo isn't derping around so much, this time...

No more playing around :) 

And, besides giving Flyddon all the credit for a very well made house mod, thanks again, everyone, for all the kind words and reactions, you guys are awesome...

...so, as I always tell ya...

Here's the beginning of the adventures of Leala and Bunny Boo :)

For once, it's nice to have someone besides just my horse helping out, and probably dying...

...of course, it's at night, and it starts raining, for part of it...

...there are also wolves and bears and skeevers, oh my... 

...and another surprise, lurking around in a certain basement... :)

The editing for this was a bit of a pain, as the sound didn't want to line up like it's supposed to, and it took five tries for this one to seem about right...

But, this was with my old mic, and maybe I had to turn it on when I started, and got a two second delay for not having my act together...or, something...

maybe I bumped something in Sony Vegas and saved while everything was screwed up...dunno, had to totally reload it for this final render...

Posted (edited)

Ok, here ya go :)

I've sped this one up a little, but, not too fast, otherwise, I'd be sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk...

Which, was actually kinda funny, while I was editing this one, because I hate my own voice, as much as anyone else does, when I hear it recorded and played back...

So, instead of being the actual 1:13:13:11 run time, it's 50:02...so the dark parts are shorter...

Cuz, yes, I'm still learning what Sony Vegas can do on weekends, and, I have a job running a pretty complex edge-banding machine during the week, as it is...

I'm also coming up on seven years of recording and uploading videos...August 13th...

Seven years now...wow...

Seems like I started only the other day, and boy, were my old videos baaaaad... :)

I still watch them though...and my Left 4 Dead stuff still makes me laugh... :D 

So, I've been thinking of what I can do for that, maybe pull some old footage out and squish it together for some sort of montage, or something...

I've got a couple ideas so far, and having half my recordings on my laptop means I'd have to download them to my new system to pick them apart for that, or, just go with stuff I've done on this system...

I've noticed I say "Well, then...", quite often...which would be neat to put all the times I've said that together, just to see how many times I've actually said it...

...it can be like, "Guess what episode this one came from", or, something like that... :)

Well, then...

Edited by Roachbait FNV
had to fix the runtime numbers

Yep, still at it :) 

If you thought the last one was a bit faster, I squished this one from 1:54 to 1:00, so, if played at half speed, you get the real deal...

Searching for the elusive face sculpture person...at night...in a town I've never been to before...

And yes, the map itself is messing with me on this one, quite a bit, actually...

I leave town, marker shows up, go back into town, marker disappears...

Bunny Boo does meet most of the town...and gets asked to commit a crime, right off the back, because she 'looks' like a criminal, or something...dunno...

...but, the place has a few quests floating around for Bunny Boo to do...

• 5 weeks later...