Gopher's Minions

New Video: Tamriel Maid Service

Okey-dokey...got this posted for you guys and gals to see what sort of improvements you can expect from my videos from now on... ;) 

The mic was set a little low, so I'll get that fixed before the next one...

It's totally vanilla, besides the update patch, so it'll be like a trip down memory lane for some of you...

5 hours into the game and I'm starting to get the hang of it, so far...I hope...

It's pretty amazing, as it is...

:) 

Roachbait FNV

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okey-dokey...got this posted for you guys and gals to see what sort of improvements you can expect from my videos from now on...   The mic was set a little low, so I'll get that fixed b

I know, two weeks later... I am so, so, so far ahead of this in recordings, like 40 hours I need to edit... But, I have a new mousepad now, and a new mouse, and a new Blue Yeti...

Here's another one...with more to come. 😃 I'll be putting more up, more often, now that things are going steady at work (yeah, I know, I get my act together, and the world crumbles around me righ

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 9:12 PM, Cryzeteur said:

Noticeably better quality. Congrats on your new system.   :)

I had the same problem with my mike. So low it is almost inaudible.

Thanks! :)

I got the mic thing figured out...got Sony Vegas too...

...the free-trial version deal...

...figured I'd try it out, learn the interface, compile a couple vids before I dished out $50 for it...

Yeah, recorded another hour, or so...eh...45 minutes...

but...

...it won't let me make movies longer than two minutes ( ...that's, 120 seconds... ), until I shell out the cash and buy the full version...

...sigh...

At least I got to practice on it a little bit to find out if I could deal with it...

better be worth it...

I hate when they do that...

...get you hooked, then jack up the price...

At least the intro will look better...

Roachbait FNV

2 hours ago, Flyddon said:

your sound is off, delayed or something.

Yeah...

Trust me, I'm not exactly too happy about it...

... it's like, the audio is 3 seconds delayed...

... I'm not sure what's doing it, could be the screenshots I took, and Steam doing things in the background...

... could be GeForce Experience being glitchy, or stupid...

or, something...

...I may just have to record voice and game separate, from now on, or, fiddle with it in Sony Vegas, during editing...

I'll just have to play around with it and find out what made it do that, and not do that any more...

...if that makes sense.

One day, things will work out for me, kinda wish that day would quit taking it's sweet time...

...and wasting mine.

:mellow:

Roachbait FNV

1 hour ago, Roachbait FNV said:

One day, things will work out for me, kinda wish that day would quit taking it's sweet time...

REALLY !            My dear friend,  think about then and now.   Have you had to use a 2 liter 7up bottle to get your water lately?  

The video and audio is a hell of a lot better than your NV stuff, now if we could just get you to stop looking around so fast at every thing... you making me dizzy.

;) you keep being you.

20 hours ago, Flyddon said:

The video and audio is a hell of a lot better than your NV stuff, now if we could just get you to stop looking around so fast at every thing... you making me dizzy..

Them thieves got me paranoid...

...and getting robbed at 4th level doesn't seem like it would be fun...

...bad enough the wolves run off with all the elk, and deer...

...or, try to...

Roachbait FNV 

On 2/8/2019 at 3:28 AM, Roachbait FNV said:

Yeah...

Trust me, I'm not exactly too happy about it...

... it's like, the audio is 3 seconds delayed...

... I'm not sure what's doing it, could be the screenshots I took, and Steam doing things in the background...

... could be GeForce Experience being glitchy, or stupid...

or, something...

...I may just have to record voice and game separate, from now on, or, fiddle with it in Sony Vegas, during editing...

I'll just have to play around with it and find out what made it do that, and not do that any more...

...if that makes sense.

...and wasting mine.

:mellow:

Roachbait FNV

The audio is getting out of sync because shadowplay uses VFR (Variable Frame Rate) Absolutely No video editing software supports that; only Constant Frame Rates, ( CFR)just like every camera used in the industry. OBS supports both, and  this was one of the reasons I switched to OBS in the end. It's that or another software or run the recorded footage through handbrake and change it to CFR and the sound will come back into sync while editing. Shadowplay is fine for shorter recordings, but anything over 15mins and you should look elsewhere, Nvidia knows this is a problem but have no intention of fixing it anytime soon.

I did make a video on how to set up OBS and the editing process there after.

Edited by Caloss2
9 hours ago, Caloss2 said:

I did make a video on how to set up OBS and the editing process there after.

I'll take a look at this...

I ended up getting the full version of Sony Vegas (with all the audio programs), and it handled editing fairly well...

...my next vid is around 25 minutes, and the sound came out fine...this time...

I'm thinking something decided to update or notify me, or was running in the background...

...probably Onedrive being pissy 'cuz I didn't log in to it, just closed it out..

...didn't know Shadowplay was glitched though, thanks for the heads-up on that...

Roachbait FNV

• 1 month later...

Okey-Dokey..."Silent Moons"

https://youtu.be/ARdHdrb2vZ0

I figured what the deal with the sound was...turns out Shadowplay stretches the video file a few seconds every minute or so...or, there-abouts...

Sony Vegas can mash it back in place, which is what I was figuring out for the last week...

...after trying to move the audio track back and forth a few times, and compiling (an hour and a half each time), it persisted in being off either at the beginning, or the end, or both, and perfect in the middle...

I wondered why the video file was a little longer than the audio, they had both started and recorded the same time, so I tried something...

I used the time +/- editing tool on the video, and it fell into place nicely...once I squished the end of the video back to where the audio ended...

Ah, I did forget to turn on my mic...silly me...

So, there's no rambling monolog to listen to, which is too bad...right?

Yeah...well..ok then...

I did say some offhand remarks, now and then, mostly about stupid deer running away, and how cowardly wolves seemed to be...

At one point I congratulate a Mud-Crab for taking Bunny Boo's side, and saving her some trouble...even declared it Bunny Boo's "Hero Of The Day", cuz it was being a badass...

Seems the wildlife does have a soft-spot for her, sometimes...now and then...

Guess I'll have to thank everyone for their input, and helping me get my system put together, and everything, next time...

Enjoy :)

Roachbait FNV

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here's another one...with more to come. 😃

I'll be putting more up, more often, now that things are going steady at work (yeah, I know, I get my act together, and the world crumbles around me right at that moment), so here you go 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB96fpsMu6c

Enjoy 😃

Hey Eric,

I am glad to see you have kept things going.   I am guessing the "Things are going steady at work"  means the china virus hasn't derailed you to much?   Keep on going dude.

I'll go check out your vid.  :)

Hey one thing I noticed in the video...   you seem to have forgotten MY mod  "Castle Albanna"   I am sure you can check it out later.

Edited by Flyddon
22 hours ago, Roachbait FNV said:

Here's another one...with more to come. 😃

I'll be putting more up, more often, now that things are going steady at work (yeah, I know, I get my act together, and the world crumbles around me right at that moment), so here you go 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB96fpsMu6c

Enjoy 😃

Hi Roachbait FNV I am so glad to see you post. I thought maybe the virus took you. How have you been? Give us an update on what is going on.  Are you in lock down like most of us in the US? I am in Colorado and can only go out to the grocery or gas station with gloves and mask. Some fast foods are open for take out only and I can order a delivery pizza for $25+ tip.

22 hours ago, Flyddon said:

Hey one thing I noticed in the video...   you seem to have forgotten MY mod  "Castle Albanna"   I am sure you can check it out later.

I knew I had forgotten your mod in my load order, but couldn't remember its name. Thank you for reminding me. I like your mod and the world felt empty without it.

15 hours ago, OutandBack said:

Hi Roachbait FNV I am so glad to see you post. I thought maybe the virus took you. How have you been? Give us an update on what is going on.  Are you in lock down like most of us in the US? I am in Colorado and can only go out to the grocery or gas station with gloves and mask. Some fast foods are open for take out only and I can order a delivery pizza for $25+ tip.

Also in lockdown in California. Pretty much the same limitations but I had quite a lot in stock when this began so I made one quick visit to Walmart and have stayed at home since. I will have to make another shopping trip next week.

Hope you and all the minions here are well. I consider everyone here my friends and would be very unhappy to lose any of you.

5 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I knew I had forgotten your mod in my load order, but couldn't remember its name. Thank you for reminding me. I like your mod and the world felt empty without it.

Well thank you for that :)

I am going on another one , same theme a few more moving parts and quests.   But since Cp2077 went tits up for a few more months, I thought why not.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, Flyddon said:

you seem to have forgotten MY mod  "Castle Albanna"

Nooo!!!! 😮....I went and got it...just haven't added it yet...I will though 😀

Things aren't as severe here in Az, OutandBack, some people have masks and gloves, but not many...

...lots of restaurants and other stuff are closed down, and they have tape on the floors at circle k, and sneeze guard shields for the tellers...

In a week, people will be happy to stay inside...it gets pretty damn hot here...

The company I work for has stayed open from the start of all this, we have a couple fairly large jobs we were right in the middle of in January, and like, millions of $$$ involved in both contracts...

I notice there is way less traffic, which is nice 😀 and gas prices have dropped lately...

Just so y'all know, I'm about four or five hours ahead of this last episode, as far as recording goes...

And, what you are seeing is pretty much all the time I've been able to squeeze in on early Saturdays...

...and it's all the time I've actually played, besides about four or five hours when I started,

and another ten hours reading books, or eating bugs and twigs, or other stuff I've picked up off the ground... :)

I'm thinking about a keyboard and mouse upgrade, my keyboard sounds like bones rattling in a bowl...

...and moving my mouse around sounds like I'm slapping the wall with an oar... :)

22 hours ago, Roachbait FNV said:

Just so y'all know, I'm about four or five hours ahead of this last episode, as far as recording goes...

And, what you are seeing is pretty much all the time I've been able to squeeze in on early Saturdays...

...and it's all the time I've actually played, besides about four or five hours when I started,

and another ten hours reading books, or eating bugs and twigs, or other stuff I've picked up off the ground... :)

I'm thinking about a keyboard and mouse upgrade, my keyboard sounds like bones rattling in a bowl...

...and moving my mouse around sounds like I'm slapping the wall with an oar... :)

Ummm... instead of bones.... um... well my keyboard is so sticky that I must have spilled a coke on it.

umm... and my mouse has a short in it....

annoying. :)