Gopher's Minions

How do I send a PM

OutandBack

Question

10 answers to this question

Well there are a few ways to start a conversation/PM with someone. These methods are universal across all themes.

Method 1:

At the top right hand corner of the page it lists your username along with a symbol for Inbox and Alerts. Hover over the Inbox icon.

RTDtQCD.png

Hovering over the Inbox icon will display a drop down which will list your previous conversations/PMs, and "Show All", and "Start a new Conversation" links. Click "Start a New Conversation", this will bring you to the "Start a New Conversation" page.

c3pzeKa.png

On the "Start a New Conversation" page you can add participants and create your message.

ic8cdoL.png

Method 2:

Go to a users profile and scroll down until you see "Start a Conversation", click it and it will bring you to the "Start a New Conversation" page.

veXoEDn.png

Method 3:

Click on the users name in a thread, this will bring up their member card.

sZPMF0M.png

From the users member card you can click "Start a Conversation".

80fjGrD.png

Ah, Start a Conversation. Thank you both so much.

So many websites I use are leaving vBulletin for more stylish layouts which is nice but like a new video game there is a bit of a learning curve to get the navigation down. I hope this question and your detailed answers will help others that are navigationally challenged like myself.

Website tutorial? *sits and listens curiously*

What you can do on the page, where you can find it, what you might not have known. But it will be quite some work (the way I want it) and I don't want to create the tutorial for 2 designs that might just be gone and replaced...

Website tutorial? *sits and listens curiously*

What you can do on the page, where you can find it, what you might not have known. But it will be quite some work (the way I want it) and I don't want to create the tutorial for 2 designs that might just be gone and replaced...

There will be an actual tutorial page, it will include everything you need to know about the forums. I still have work to do before I can start on it.