Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

The Forest (HARD) #19 : Rage Inducing Sausage Monster

The swing trap was placed fine and Gopher destroyed it.

I use deadfall traps because they do not use rope. They are easy to make and you can make a forest of them. 

Explosive traps are bad because they use too many resources.

The worms looked like raw meat enlarged and flying around. Not corpses.

Edited by Cryzeteur

I felt the same as Chay watching this. I thought that worm thing was just the armsie they had killed earlier physics-glitching out and causing it's ragdoll to stretch and warp all over the place for some reason.

I like the basic concept of it as an enemy, but I think it would have made a better fit logically if it was made up of a large group of the baby-mutant things (or maybe slightly larger/grown up versions of them?) somehow Megazord-ing/Voltron-ing together into a larger creature (they sorta seem like Hunters from Halo, if anyone knows/remembers that enemy, a sort of alien worm-colony amalgamation). And the fact that it can literally fly and cause so much damage to structures is absurd and borderline game-breaking to me. I know if I was playing and one of these things spawned and destroyed a bunch of stuff I had built (given how resource-heavy, time consuming, and frustratingly awkward the building system is), I would be furious. Borderline instant-uninstall for me if I didn't have a recent save to fall back on.

There have been a lot of complaints about the new mutant being too powerful and hopefully it will be nerfed.
Assume that it what you are referring too, haven't seen the episode yet.
Deadfall traps are the best, they use the least resources, just 3 logs and 3 stick and you can set them up side by side facing out to make an impenetrable wall of death for the same amount of logs as a log wall.

Edited by Goatcha

14 hours ago, Goatcha said:

There have been a lot of complaints about the new mutant being too powerful and hopefully it will be nerfed.
Assume that it what you are referring too, haven't seen the episode yet.
Deadfall traps are the best, they use the least resources, just 3 logs and 3 stick and you can set them up side by side facing out to make an impenetrable wall of death for the same amount of logs as a log wall.

lol... You don't need that many to kill a half dozen armzys. I usually set them up in a random pattern blocking one of their migration routes. Three or four deadfalls thick and angled differently. I set them up completely blocking the migration route... maybe fifteen traps long. You can wipe out enough of them that way to make areas nearly mutant free. 

I am level 60 on hard and have not had the worms spawn yet.

15 hours ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

I felt the same as Chay watching this. I thought that worm thing was just the armsie they had killed earlier physics-glitching out and causing it's ragdoll to stretch and warp all over the place for some reason.

I like the basic concept of it as an enemy, but I think it would have made a better fit logically if it was made up of a large group of the baby-mutant things (or maybe slightly larger/grown up versions of them?) somehow Megazord-ing/Voltron-ing together into a larger creature (they sorta seem like Hunters from Halo, if anyone knows/remembers that enemy, a sort of alien worm-colony amalgamation). And the fact that it can literally fly and cause so much damage to structures is absurd and borderline game-breaking to me. I know if I was playing and one of these things spawned and destroyed a bunch of stuff I had built (given how resource-heavy, time consuming, and frustratingly awkward the building system is), I would be furious. Borderline instant-uninstall for me if I didn't have a recent save to fall back on.

Yes. That was my impression as well. It looked like something blowing in the wind or a glitch. I don't think a cluster of baby mutants would help. The problem with the worms is it looks impossible. It violates the physics of the world. This makes it look stupid. 

17 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

lol... You don't need that many to kill a half dozen armzys. I usually set them up in a random pattern blocking one of their migration routes. Three or four deadfalls thick and angled differently. I set them up completely blocking the migration route... maybe fifteen traps long. You can wipe out enough of them that way to make areas nearly mutant free. 

I am level 60 on hard and have not had the worms spawn yet.

Yes. That was my impression as well. It looked like something blowing in the wind or a glitch. I don't think a cluster of baby mutants would help. The problem with the worms is it looks impossible. It violates the physics of the world. This makes it look stupid. 

Yeah, its less of a mutant and more of a magical flesh golem.