Gopher's Minions

Obsidians new game - The Outer Worlds, sometime in 2019

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, OutandBack said:

I will preorder this game just because of Obsidian's New Vegas although I investigated all their other games and IMO they were total crap. I don't do those kinds of games.

Same with Cyperpunk I will preorder the game because of CDPR's Witcher 3 even though I am not sure I like cyberpunk games anymore I could not finish the latest Deus EX. Dam I'm becoming just like Gopher. Picky picky picky, haha.

Fallout: New Vegas is the go-to game for the Fallout/TES crowd, for sure. But KOTOR II is arguably most popular game. I was never too fond of Pillars of Eternity I & II or Tyranny, purely because I don't really play top-down CRPGs. They just never.. I dunno, worked for me. I tried with Baldur's Gate when I was younger, but I couldn't really get into it. Morrowind, on the other hand.. I skipped school to play that game.

But Obsidian did a good job with those games. Pillars of Eternity I had quite a few flaws, but many were addressed with Pillars of Eternity II. And Tyranny is an incredibly unique game that's really one of the best out there as far as player choice is concerned. If Obsidian can bring the good aspects of those games into a Fallout: New Vegas or KOTOR II-style RPG, I'm all for it.

17 minutes ago, Arrogant said:

Fallout: New Vegas is the go-to game for the Fallout/TES crowd, for sure. But KOTOR II is arguably most popular game. I was never too fond of Pillars of Eternity I & II or Tyranny, purely because I don't really play top-down CRPGs. They just never.. I dunno, worked for me. I tried with Baldur's Gate when I was younger, but I couldn't really get into it. Morrowind, on the other hand.. I skipped school to play that game.

But Obsidian did a good job with those games. Pillars of Eternity I had quite a few flaws, but many were addressed with Pillars of Eternity II. And Tyranny is an incredibly unique game that's really one of the best out there as far as player choice is concerned. If Obsidian can bring the good aspects of those games into a Fallout: New Vegas or KOTOR II-style RPG, I'm all for it.

Same with me. Tried Baldur's Gate before I got Morrowind. Couldn't get into Bladur's Gate but was immediately hooked on Morrowind! My son gave me the full series of KOTOR but I have only played an hour or so. Same thing with Neverwinter Nights.

Fallout NV is really different from their other games and delightful.

I tried to play Morrowind twice but this was after playing 2000hours of Skyrim on PS3 and 1000hours of modded Skyrim on PC.  I hated the fighting mechanics. What you can"t quiver an arrow you have to shoot it into the ground then go retrieve it. OMG. Then there were the so called wolves... that looked like white germanshepard puppies. NO just NO. Then there were the random rats that showed up along the paths and you would pullout your trusty knife and swish swish swish to kill them with very little kill anamations. This game was far too dated for me. Maybe back when it first released and there was nothing out there like Skyrims open world but no now not ever for me. I am not and ES fan I am a Skyrim fan. Fallout 3 was and is the first of this series to me anything before, all that top down crap, is total garbage and should be left in the past. If I want to play a board game I will play monopoly or Life with my grandson at the kitchen table.

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I tried to play Morrowind twice but this was after playing 2000hours of Skyrim on PS3 and 1000hours of modded Skyrim on PC.  I hated the fighting mechanics. What you can"t quiver an arrow you have to shoot it into the ground then go retrieve it. OMG. Then there were the so called wolves... that looked like white germanshepard puppies. NO just NO. Then there were the random rats that showed up along the paths and you would pullout your trusty knife and swish swish swish to kill them with very little kill anamations. This game was far too dated for me. Maybe back when it first released and there was nothing out there like Skyrims open world but no now not ever for me. I am not and ES fan I am a Skyrim fan. Fallout 3 was and is the first of this series to me anything before, all that top down crap, is total garbage and should be left in the past. If I want to play a board game I will play monopoly or Life with my grandson at the kitchen table.

You had to fall in love with Morrowind way back when it first came out. It was amazing then and all the awkward mechanics was fun. Now you have to install a ton of mods to change all the game mechanics and graphics. You can do it. If you do, it plays like a poor cousin to Skyrim.

I have also played Skywind and it is a lot more fun but still hasn't been officially released. Skywind mechanics are totally different because they had to invent versions of the Morrowind animations that worked in the Skyrim engine. They also didn't want to break the game so the mechanics had to be totally rebalanced. Skywind had to be created from the ground floor up because Bethesda wouldn't allow them to build on any borrowed tools (the meshes and textures had to be made from scratch, voice acting had to be added, animations had to be made from scratch). It has been a far bigger project than building the original game.

When Morrowind came out I was playing Zelda on snes and loving every minute of it. I still have a working console and game cartridge.

I still have an Nintendo 64 with rumble pack and a gamecube. My favorite games back then were Perfect Dark and Resident evil.

Do you folks think The Outer Worlds will come out on Steam or have its own launcher like so many other games that came out this year.

No developer/publisher want to pay steam 30% of their take anymore for doing nothing but hosting a game and giving game owners storage space.

18 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

When Morrowind came out I was playing Zelda on snes and loving every minute of it. I still have a working console and game cartridge.

I still have an Nintendo 64 with rumble pack and a gamecube. My favorite games back then were Perfect Dark and Resident evil.

Do you folks think The Outer Worlds will come out on Steam or have its own launcher like so many other games that came out this year.

No developer/publisher want to pay steam 30% of their take anymore for doing nothing but hosting a game and giving game owners storage space.

It will be out on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

I am hoping that it will be out on GoG as well, though that is probably less likely due to large publishers not liking the whole DRM free thing.

9 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I gave my Nintendo and Game Cube to my children with the games. I kind of miss some of them. My most missed game was one I had for my Adam computer. My favorite games back then were FF 1-VII, Super Mario, Star Ocean, and Pokémon. I played a little FFO and WoW as well.

GOG may host TOW.

• 2 months later...

Alright, some slight disappointing news.  This game is now going to be exclusive to MS Store (Since they own Oblivion now) and EPIC.  Wont be released on Steam until a year after it come out. :(

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-outer-worlds-and-control-will-launch-on-the-epic-store-not-steam/

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/the-outer-worlds-the-next-epic-games-store-exclusive#

Maybe for me too, or I wait until it is on steam, not decided yet.  Fell sorry for the Oblivion team though, they were still adding steam achievements four hours before the announcement happened.

https://indiannoob.in/obsidian-entertainment-was-adding-steam-achievements-to-the-outer-worlds-hours-prior-to-making-the-move-to-epic/

The team seems they didn't want this deal with Epic, but the publisher blindsided them.

Obsidian apparently unaware of Outer Worlds' Epic exclusivity

45 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I don't know if the MS store has its own launcher so I will be buying from Epic I don't want yet another launcher wasting space on my SSD.

The MS launcher comes preloaded with Windows 10.  It  can be found in the start menu where it says xbox (weird, I know)

On 12/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, Graeme Jones said:

The Forest also agrees with you LOL

Heh, yeah.  Honestly I'd be a lot less annoyed by lockpick minigames if you could just smash the chests open, perhaps with a chance of damaging or destroying the contents. And of course it would not be silent.

On 12/29/2018 at 5:31 PM, Morrandir said:

It will be out on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/578650/The_Outer_Worlds/

I am hoping that it will be out on GoG as well, though that is probably less likely due to large publishers not liking the whole DRM free thing.

Epic Exclusive for 1 year. *sighs*  Still when it is playable the bugs should be fixed.