Jump to content
Gopher's Minions

Anyone still playing Fallout 4 ?? If so, need your help with Mod Suggestions !


Recommended Posts

Hey all, back to this again.  My game HDD crashed and lost my Fallout mod list among others, was using Vortex but on chance I Installed Mod Organizer 2 and it saw all the esp's I had installed through the saves so now using MO2 instead.  Have reinstalled everything and added some more stuff but wondering if I have missed something.  Mostly wondering if there is any location 'upgrades' that's worth using, like The Beantown Interiors Project or similar ??  I was going to add the mod list generated with MO2 so that you all could see if I was missing something that might be worth adding, but I just realized that the spoiler tag is missing so that would be a hug post if I posted it !  Have to see if I can sort that out in some other way then. :(

Found this mod, War Veteran Female Sole Survivor, so playing as a female for the first time since the mod says it has some different dialogues then the male has.  In any case,  any other suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am about done with my third play as a 10 yo thief in Skyrim. I am tired of not being able to see the shelves in cabinets. ... and I have a glitch in the game that is getting worse.

So, I am getting a hankerin' to play Fallout. I am not sure which game I will play.

I think I will not play NV until Gopher starts his PT. I might do Fallout 4 again. I have a dozen games I have not played but I keep returning to Skyrim and Fallout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cryzeteur Sorry to hear about the problems you having with Skyrim. :(

If you decide to play Fallout 4 again, would love to see your mod list (if Vortex has a text file of all mods that is ?).  I'm going to try and get CBBE and BodySlide installed tomorrow, never used those before so hope I be able to figure out how to get them working.  Still not sure if I'm missing any worth mods though, maybe see if there is a mod that would let you complete the game without killing of the other factions. We'll see I guess. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Beuwolf said:

@Cryzeteur Sorry to hear about the problems you having with Skyrim. :(

If you decide to play Fallout 4 again, would love to see your mod list (if Vortex has a text file of all mods that is ?).  I'm going to try and get CBBE and BodySlide installed tomorrow, never used those before so hope I be able to figure out how to get them working.  Still not sure if I'm missing any worth mods though, maybe see if there is a mod that would let you complete the game without killing of the other factions. We'll see I guess. :P

My odd problem in Skyrim is caused by the mods I am running. Of the 200 mods I am running at least 2 are in conflict. It causes multiple resets when I start to save. The number of resets increases the longer I play. And the Winking Skeever crashes as well as the Talos Shrine where you take the Queens thing for her husband. I can live with those three problems. Oh another one is that one whole quest is in Japanese and I don't know which one it is. I can't read Japanese but I have completed about half of the questline.

I will be starting Fallout from scratch, selecting mods off Nexus. First I have to decide which Fallout I want to play. If I do Fallout 4, I make mods to let me do whatever I feel like doing. I have a Fallout 4 game in progress and I might go back to it. I was avoiding doing any of the standard quests except the amusement park and I finished it. I think I quit while doing the robot master. I started making a robot mod and got busy doing other things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

My odd problem in Skyrim is caused by the mods I am running. Of the 200 mods I am running at least 2 are in conflict. It causes multiple resets when I start to save. The number of resets increases the longer I play. And the Winking Skeever crashes as well as the Talos Shrine where you take the Queens thing for her husband. I can live with those three problems. Oh another one is that one whole quest is in Japanese and I don't know which one it is. I can't read Japanese but I have completed about half of the questline.

I will be starting Fallout from scratch, selecting mods off Nexus. First I have to decide which Fallout I want to play. If I do Fallout 4, I make mods to let me do whatever I feel like doing. I have a Fallout 4 game in progress and I might go back to it. I was avoiding doing any of the standard quests except the amusement park and I finished it. I think I quit while doing the robot master. I started making a robot mod and got busy doing other things.

The resets would have driven me nuts to be honest.  Only problem I had with normal Skyrim years ago when I modded it, was that the loading times were taking longer and longer as I was playing it, ended up quieting around level 16 or so.  That's another game I have to mod and finish one day but for now I'm feeling the need for modern weapons so Fallout 4 it is. :P

I never finished Fallout 4 so wont add to many new guests or such, hence wont be using 3dnpc's Interesting NPC's this time around since it add more quests etc.  Just trying to find mods that improve the game play, and opens up the game a bit more, like The Beantown Interiors Project and of course Graphics mods, as well as Weapons and Armour mods.  Also having a bunch of premade Player Homes, quiet a few made by Elianora, 6 of her Player Homes, might even do her Faction Housing Overhaul mods as well, not decided that yet.

Come to think of Google Document so here is a link to my modlist incase anyone want to have a peek and want to come with any more suggestions. :P

PS:  Hopefully the link works if not let me know !

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

The resets would have driven me nuts to be honest.  Only problem I had with normal Skyrim years ago when I modded it, was that the loading times were taking longer and longer as I was playing it, ended up quieting around level 16 or so.  That's another game I have to mod and finish one day but for now I'm feeling the need for modern weapons so Fallout 4 it is. :P

I never finished Fallout 4 so wont add to many new guests or such, hence wont be using 3dnpc's Interesting NPC's this time around since it add more quests etc.  Just trying to find mods that improve the game play, and opens up the game a bit more, like The Beantown Interiors Project and of course Graphics mods, as well as Weapons and Armour mods.  Also having a bunch of premade Player Homes, quiet a few made by Elianora, 6 of her Player Homes, might even do her Faction Housing Overhaul mods as well, not decided that yet.

Come to think of Google Document so here is a link to my modlist incase anyone want to have a peek and want to come with any more suggestions. :P

PS:  Hopefully the link works if not let me know !

The link works fine.

That is quite a mod list. I have used about half of them. The rest are new to me.

I love Elianora's mods. They are always very refined and beautiful.

I rarely use armor or weapons or graphics mods, other than a few very basic mods. I do like enhancement mods that tweak the environment and make it look amazingly different for a playthrough. I usually load every quest mod I can find because I have played all the basic quests all the way through six different ways. I have played as all the factions and a few that are not even allowed by the vanilla game. I have favored or destroyed every faction. I once played a game joining every faction just to see if I could bypass the vanilla restrictions on doing this. I also played a game in which I destroyed every faction. I even bypassed the ending and began a game with only raiders and monsters active. 

I got really bored making mods and using console commands. That is why I am currently playing only Skyrim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, Cryzeteur said:

I love Elianora's mods. They are always very refined and beautiful.

I agree with you there !!  One reason I have so many of her player home mods installed.  And in regards to that, have a question to you or anyone else that be reading this.

Have you used her Red Rocket mod ?  The description in the mod says two things about the red workbench and it is showing in her pictures as well from other players that has built settlement there. 

From the description:
- There is no workbench for settlement building - What you see is what you get
- You can still use the OUTSIDE of the garage as normal settlement, build and invite settlers etc.  Just they can't come inside.  The only edits outside are the workbench location, adding some trees and cars and stuff.

For me though, there is no red workstation hence wondering if you used the mod and have the workstation there ??  :blink:

Not that I am that interested in settlement building, just more worried if I done something wrong with the modding.  Didn't install the mod from the start but had it installed before I left the vault though.

Edit:  Turns out the actually workshop wasn't needed, after having accessed one of the workbenches I was able to access the settlement building menu and all is good. :P

Edited by Beuwolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, Beuwolf said:

Edit:  Turns out the actually workshop wasn't needed, after having accessed one of the workbenches I was able to access the settlement building menu and all is good. :P

Looks like you answered your own question!   😄

I did try the mod. It is very nice. I always build on the outside anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Looks like you answered your own question!   😄

I did try the mod. It is very nice. I always build on the outside anyway.

Yes I did.  Never thought of clicking on one of the workbenches outside last night, probably to tired at the time in question.  Then for some reason did it this morning and just for fun clicked for settlement menu and it opened up.  Was quiet surprised when it happened.

I might build some walls around it but not much more then that, if anything.  Can remember if you get experience from building things but if I do might build some just for the experience. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Yes I did.  Never thought of clicking on one of the workbenches outside last night, probably to tired at the time in question.  Then for some reason did it this morning and just for fun clicked for settlement menu and it opened up.  Was quiet surprised when it happened.

I might build some walls around it but not much more then that, if anything.  Can remember if you get experience from building things but if I do might build some just for the experience. :P

Pretty sure Elianora's mod does not nerf the experience gain through building. Should be fine.

I am using a mod that does deliberately nerf experience gain through building because I want to only gain experience through questing. Makes the game a lot slower.

Edited by Cryzeteur
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Pretty sure Elianora's mod does not nerf the experience gain through building. Should be fine.

I am using a mod that does deliberately nerf experience gain through building because I want to only gain experience through questing. Makes the game a lot slower.

Wasn't referring to Elianora's mod per see, just building stuff overall.  I wont be building much, just some workbenches ones I have the appropriate perks for them. :P

On another note, stumbled over another mod, or rather help application, since it is not something you use in the game per see.   It is called the Unofficial Fallout 4 PipBoy Companion Application and does what Bethesda's mobile application does, but  one don't need to use a phone or tablet, but can use it one another PC, or same if having several monitors without having to use a android emulator to make it run.

Which worked out great for me because I was planning on having a map on one of my other monitors but with this mod, I can easily see me moving on the map as well and not having to guess ! :P  It can also pull all kind of information from the game, such as Time, Statuses, Player Information, Quests, Effects and much more.  it is all modular so one can pick what you want to show and then arrange it however one want it to show.  Here is a picture of it, hopefully it isn't to large !  (Or to small !)

386JiD7.gif

If anyone decide to download it, once the app is running, use the Auto Discovery function and not Connect to Host, when I tried that first I just got errors.  The map can be showing the map markers as you progress the game, or all at once if you so wishes.  As you also can see, the interior map can also be shown if you wish, I most likely going to remove it though, was just adding it so it could be shown in the picture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...