Gopher's Minions
Beuwolf

Anyone still playing Fallout 4 ?? If so, need your help with Mod Suggestions !

As the title really.  Thinking of restarting Fallout 4 and see if I can finish it, but wont be playing without mods so, need some advice here.  I started to look through links for mods that I used last time but it's over 2 years since I played the game, and some been deleted or hidden but mostly just not been updated for ages.  I know there is tons of difference mods for different kinds of playthrough etc so I try and see if I can put down roughly what I am looking for.

The two main mods I be using though are DEF_UI and VIS-G Item Sorting.  I used the DEF_UI last time and since it is still being updated I be using it again, liked the customization you could do with it and such.  I have not used the VIS-G Item Sorting mod before though, but liked what I read about it so most likely be trying it.  Please fell free to add others if you find them better. :)

Is the Stuttering and Memory patch ENBoost still needed ??  Also, by looks of it the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is still needed, probably because Bethesda can't be asked to fix their games, right ? :P

Part from that there is some minors ones that I wont be listing here.

What I am wondering though, the Sim Settlements mod, does that basically make making settlements building less frustrating ? I.e. the ingame characters make most of the buildings ?  Or is the something similar around ?  Would really like not to have to do settlements and keep after them, that's one of the things that got me slightly tired of the game last time.  And a mod that make that settlement guy to be quiet ?

Then there is the pipe weapons, is there a mod that removes them all and you instead have normal weapons, with upgrades and all.  Or do you have to install separate mods to achieve that ?

Have they fixed the respawning rate in the game ?? I remember I walked past a raider place not far from Sanctuary, was like a deep excavation site they hide out in.  Cleared it out, went back to Sanctuary with all the loot since it was close.  Coming back the same way and the whole place had respawned !!  The walk back and forth took less then 10 minutes so really would love if stuff like that has been fixed, or if there is a mod for it.

Part from the above, fell free to add suggestions, they will all be greatly appreciated !  Armour, weapons, player homes, companions and what else you guys and gals can't live without in Fallout 4 !? gopherVaultStiv

I use DefUI and the unofficial patch. I also use Sim settlements sometimes. It makes settlement plots build themselves with a NPC on that settlement plot. You can plop down different types of plots.

I use my own 10mm revolver mod which is on Nexus.-- https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8339

I have tried all the companions and have no preferences. I usually run the multiple companions mod. That way I have more control when I come across a new companion.

I often run a mod to allow synths I make to be settlers.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Thanks @Cryzeteur I bookmarked your revolver, have two other pistols I might be using as well.  Do you, or anyone else, use the Settlement Attacks Beyond mod ??  Gopher showcased it when he was playing the game.  Just wondering how you find it ?

Any more suggestions from you or others would be greatly appreciated ! gopherVaultStiv

Unofficial Patch is a must, plus Insignificant Object Remover.
I Highly recommend Tales from the Commonwealth, which is part of the Atomic Radio mod.  Its the Interesting NPCs mod for Fallput 4, adding a ton of new characters and quests and three awesome new companions.  Really brings a whole new level of depth to the game.
Although the turrets outside the Brainbot HQ tend to cause some issues which require Resurrection to fix, which is annoying.
Or write it off as more innocents killed by The Mechanist.

On the subject of Companions, you will probably want a multi-follower mod, or at the very least one of the mods (Everyone's Best Friend)  that lets you travel with both Dogmeat and a real companion as was originally intended but not implemented in the final game.  Also Companions Go Home.
You might also want some of the voiced companion mods, like Ellen the Cartographer. Shrug.

'Fraid I really can't remember all the mods I used to use, and can't check as game is currently uninstalled.
Looks Menu certainly, whatever the mod was that lets you build weapon and armour crafting benches, various other settlement mods...
Have a browse of the most endorsed in each category I guess.

16 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Thanks @Cryzeteur I bookmarked your revolver, have two other pistols I might be using as well.  Do you, or anyone else, use the Settlement Attacks Beyond mod ??  Gopher showcased it when he was playing the game.  Just wondering how you find it ?

Any more suggestions from you or others would be greatly appreciated ! gopherVaultStiv

I'm not currently using it but I installed it when Gopher showcased it. It was nice, but I am not overly upset when critters spawn in my settlements, and I use expanded settlements so critters spawn within the settlement anyway.

17 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Oh yes, you need Settlement Attacks Beyond.  A scrap everything mod and one that gives more stuff from scrapping is good as well, just be careful what you scrap, you may end up with a gigantic hole or floating wires.
I could recommend a few weapon mods, but the trouble is most of them add the weapons to the weapon lists and you end up with half the bandits in the game carrying them, which is annoying and immersion breaking for me.

Expanded Settlement mods are good, but most expand them far too much IMO, and as I mentioned earlier, expanding beyond reason can really break the game.
Definitely use a mod that removes the build limit though, those are just annoying.
There are some great Castle rebuild mods too, as well as mods that add lifts and stairs to get to overpasses in places like Greygarden and Finch's Farm.

@Goatcha I am planning on using Spring Cleaning a a scrap everything mod, and Crazy Earl's Scrapyard that gives more stuff, although Crazy Earl not been updated for a while.  I did use it last time though and not found anything else similar to it so hopefully it still useable !

In regards to the weapon mods, not to bothered that bandits would have them as well.  Would love if there is a mod that removes every single pipe weapon and replaces them with 'proper' weapons, so to speak.   No plans on expanding the settlements though, most likely be using the Sim one and leave it for the NCP's to build themselfs. :P  Have to see about Castle mods though, might grab one.

I added Atomic Radio mod to the list and the Insignificant Object Remover.

15 hours ago, Goatcha said:

'Fraid I really can't remember all the mods I used to use, and can't check as game is currently uninstalled.

Looks Menu certainly, whatever the mod was that lets you build weapon and armour crafting benches, various other settlement mods...
Have a browse of the most endorsed in each category I guess.

If you have the time and there is a certain mod you thinking of, you can go to the Nexus site and for Fallout 4 mods, if you go second tab 'Mods' and hoovering over it, in the drop down menu, second to last from bottom you have 'My Download History' for all your Fallout 4 mods that you downloaded.  :)

31681-1526088227-1958944447.jpeg
17 May 2018, 12:29 pm redbaron148 User Interface 11 November 2018, 2:20 am
View
25224-0-1498911348.jpg
25 March 2018, 2:30 pm Gopher Transfer Settlement Blueprints 1 July 2017, 5:22 am
View
22442-0-1488693747.png
25 March 2018, 2:17 pm CDante Transfer Settlement Blueprints 28 October 2018, 4:37 pm
View
4598-0-1456989707.png
24 March 2018, 10:00 am Arthmoor Bug Fixes 2 October 2018, 8:54 am
View
20137-0-1479825914.jpg
24 March 2018, 9:44 am rcoll Player Settlement 3 July 2018, 7:25 pm
View
19915-14-1478892655.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am greekrage Locations - New 7 February 2017, 4:16 pm
View
6888-1-1451035781.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am spidermight Locations - New 25 December 2015, 1:31 am
View
12835-0-1462201335.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am Ferengario Locations - New 25 January 2017, 8:35 am
View
12511-0-1462124606.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am Chesko Player Settlement 19 June 2016, 11:32 am
View
20800-6-1482611706.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am greekrage Locations - New 7 January 2017, 2:46 am
View
17508-3-1471501791.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am femshepping Locations - New 8 September 2016, 8:12 pm
View
18675-8-1474565523.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am greekrage Locations - New 23 September 2016, 12:21 pm
View
6886-2-1451035028.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am spidermight Locations - New 25 December 2015, 1:20 am
View
17174-0-1470499698.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:36 am Petemichaelbabicki Weather and Lighting 16 August 2016, 1:54 pm
View
17104-0-1470378751.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am ProfessorHotbuns Locations - New 29 August 2016, 5:43 pm
View
12467-1-1461808876.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am spidermight Locations - New 27 April 2016, 7:03 pm
View
10226-1-1456618276.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am jkoroll14 Player Settlement 13 April 2016, 2:05 pm
View
6887-3-1451035485.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am spidermight Locations - New 25 December 2015, 1:26 am
View
19044-0-1475689516.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am greekrage Locations - New 8 October 2016, 8:56 pm
View
17161-5-1470458547.jpg
21 December 2017, 9:34 am femshepping Locations - New 31 March 2017, 4:05 pm

Vie

I also used all my own mods, which are on Nexus.

This list seems incomplete because I used a lot of robot mods developing a mod for a synth who would count as a settler. Never published that one because the mod that lets you build synths works fine.

I also tried out a half-dozen companion mods and weapon mods and map mods and others that did not show up in this list so I went back and looked and sure enough... I have seventeen pages of mods I have used. The one above is only one page of seventeen. I do not think it would be beneficial to post any more of them. So I have tried 384 mods out of 23472 mods on Nexus. That is almost 4%.

9 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Thank you again @Cryzeteur , Much appreciated !  Yeah 384 mods is ALOT !  Wish one could view other users download history but that don't seem to be possible though.

It might be interesting to someone studying the history of gaming but I think it would be overkill for developing a personal mod list. It would take years to figure it out. By then there would be another 40000 new mods on Nexus. It would take something like the Google AI to answer a simple question about Gopher's mod lists.

I think the best approach is to develop your own list from scratch by searching Nexus for what you want and then trying out each mod the way Gopher does. I don't recommend my approach. I install twenty mods and then test my game. Often I have broken my game and I have to start over.

2 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

It might be interesting to someone studying the history of gaming but I think it would be overkill for developing a personal mod list. It would take years to figure it out. By then there would be another 40000 new mods on Nexus. It would take something like the Google AI to answer a simple question about Gopher's mod lists.

I think the best approach is to develop your own list from scratch by searching Nexus for what you want and then trying out each mod the way Gopher does. I don't recommend my approach. I install twenty mods and then test my game. Often I have broken my game and I have to start over.

True.  Although saying that, last time I started Skyrim I had around 50-60 mods installed, maybe more.  Well, after the Intro and Helgen escape. :P

On 11/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, Beuwolf said:

@Goatcha I am planning on using Spring Cleaning a a scrap everything mod, and Crazy Earl's Scrapyard that gives more stuff, although Crazy Earl not been updated for a while.  I did use it last time though and not found anything else similar to it so hopefully it still useable !

In regards to the weapon mods, not to bothered that bandits would have them as well.  Would love if there is a mod that removes every single pipe weapon and replaces them with 'proper' weapons, so to speak.   No plans on expanding the settlements though, most likely be using the Sim one and leave it for the NCP's to build themselfs. :P  Have to see about Castle mods though, might grab one.

I added Atomic Radio mod to the list and the Insignificant Object Remover.

If you have the time and there is a certain mod you thinking of, you can go to the Nexus site and for Fallout 4 mods, if you go second tab 'Mods' and hoovering over it, in the drop down menu, second to last from bottom you have 'My Download History' for all your Fallout 4 mods that you downloaded.  :)

Tell me you feel the same when you attack the Gunners HQ and find out they are all using rifles from WW1.

Fraid its been too long for me to remember even half the mods I was using. Some have even been removed.
If you are into melee Katana Tsuki No Hana is great, and FN P90 is a mainstay for me and but I really recommend perusing the weapon lists and deciding for yourself as we all have different tastes.  Personally when I do replays of a game I do prefer to bve overpowered and experience the story, while occasionally still having good fights.
Although lets face it, no game is complete without a crafting overhaul that lets you set the legendary effect as well as switch between light and heavy variants etc.
And once you put the unlimited ammo effect on a missile launcher, well, you can imagine.

All the same: Crafting Workbenches.
Oh and in stall a mod that changes the fusion core perk so it stops ejecting and killing you.

Edited by Goatcha

I don't know about all the mods I have ever downloaded, I'veI experimented a lot, Got 51 pages of mods in my download list, some of which I never installed, some which broke the game, some which I loved. Even copying just my endorsed one would take pages.

Make sure you add Full Dialogue Interface. though.

Do have some listed on some old streams I did.

Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth by Kris Takahashi
Synthetic Love by Patcazzo
Ellen - the cartographer by guicool:
Vault Girl Laura - Fully voiced Companion with perk by vault75:
RU556 - Assault rifle by FX0x01 - Ha_ru - LeeSwager and other

Also there is Worsin's Power Armor Garage for anyone who wants to really decorate their Power Armor
Adds 424 Beautifully Hand Crafted Standalone Paints 100 Decals and a complete overhaul to the Power Armor system with new Mods, Materials and Much Much More!

I feel a Nurse outfit for Curie is a must.  'shrug'

17 hours ago, Goatcha said:

I don't know about all the mods I have ever downloaded, I'veI experimented a lot, Got 51 pages of mods in my download list, some of which I never installed, some which broke the game, some which I loved. Even copying just my endorsed one would take pages.

I forgot about endorsements. But that wouldn't help much, most of the mods in my list I endorsed. Also my list includes mods that broke my game, of course I did not endorse those. But that hardly helps.

17 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Atomic Radio and Tales from the Commonwealth by Kris Takahashi

Synthetic Love by Patcazzo
Ellen - the cartographer by guicool:
Vault Girl Laura - Fully voiced Companion with perk by vault75:
RU556 - Assault rifle by FX0x01 - Ha_ru - LeeSwager and other

Also there is Worsin's Power Armor Garage for anyone who wants to really decorate their Power Armor
Adds 424 Beautifully Hand Crafted Standalone Paints 100 Decals and a complete overhaul to the Power Armor system with new Mods, Materials and Much Much More!

I feel a Nurse outfit for Curie is a must.  'shrug'

Atomic Radio and Tales of the Commonwealth are great mods.

Never tried Synthetic Love. Ellen and Laura are very good. I was never really particular about weapon mods because I make my own. The Power Armor Garage is fun for cosmetic stuff but I hardly ever look at myself in game. By contrast, I do look at my Companions and I used several mods to improve Curie, including a must have nurses uniform after you put her in a body. There are several good mods that improve the whole Curie quest.

I tried out every available quest mod and some of them are really fun.

Fixing the settlement quests is also really a good idea as getting diverted to settlement emergencies constantly is just plain annoying.

Edited by Cryzeteur

4 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I forgot about endorsements. But that wouldn't help much, most of the mods in my list I endorsed. Also my list includes mods that broke my game, of course I did not endorse those. But that hardly helps.

Atomic Radio and Tales of the Commonwealth are great mods.

Never tried Synthetic Love. Ellen and Laura are very good. I was never really particular about weapon mods because I make my own. The Power Armor Garage is fun for cosmetic stuff but I hardly ever look at myself in game. By contrast, I do look at my Companions and I used several mods to improve Curie, including a must have nurses uniform after you put her in a body. There are several good mods that improve the whole Curie quest.

I tried out every available quest mod and some of them are really fun.

Fixing the settlement quests is also really a good idea as getting diverted to settlement emergencies constantly is just plain annoying.

Synthetic Love is fairly good, but I got annoyed by the fact that she teleported constantly, especially in combat.
Gave her a katana and let her have fun for a while before just sending her back to Sanctuary.
There is another Nora survives mod where she is actually alive and its also fairly good.

I use mods to modify female companions as well, although in the end I mostly used looksmenu to get them perfect, although that's really difficult with Curie due to her duel-nature.
But she has to be a blonde IMO.

As for settlement attacks, yeah... kind of blocked them from my memory, but there are mods for that.

Also mods that change certain objects, like gold and money aren't junk, MacCrready's Toy Soldier isn't junk, papers are junk, etc.
Can't remember if PA Garage does it or not, but I was definitely using a mod to improve jetpack air-time as well, mostly by disabling the stupid AP drain which made no sense.

Never did find a mod to fix the PA system so that raiders couldn't use it, or that without the PA Training perk you get stat penalties though.
Really wanted a mod like that.

Edited by Goatcha

Thanks for all suggestions, most appreciated !! gopherVaultStiv

@Goatcha I have bookmarked Atomic Radio and Tales from the Wasteland so that one will be included.  Not to fused about the Fusion Cores, don't particularly like the Power Armour so most likely be skipping it.  Also been looking at mods that changes certain items from junk etc, found it irritating last time I played about those as well.  I used the Full Dialogue Interface last time, going to try out Extended Dialogue Interface this time around.  Extended is more recent maintained, FDI has not been updated since 2016. :(

Has anyone used either of these mods ?? Fallout 4 Seasons or ReGrowth Overhaul, they both change the boring half dead world to a more flourishing one.  I am thinking using one of them but not sure which.  Season has the advantage that you can cycle through them (manual) and have different climates in the world as you play if one would want to.  ReGrowth will just be greenery.  :P  After all, it gone 200+ years and the world shouldn't be half dead still (in my opinion, not so sure about fallout lore though) so definitely want something to make the world more alive.  Still looking for options though if anyone has other views ?

I have to admit, I do not like VIS-G, the original VIS worked fine.  Renaming everything with the brand name, the manufacturer and adding the ammo types that aren't correct kind of bothers me.  Let my 10mm pistol be a 10mm pistol, not a H&K 10 mm chambered semi-auto pistol (Or whatever it was)  Really wish the original VIS was still being updated.

I will say, to the original post, if you are using any of the Creation club stuff, the patches for those are great.  I would also add to the list AWKCR, Improved Map with Visible Roads, Optimized Vanilla Textures, Where Did I Put That (Labels for all your containers), True Storms, Darker Nights, Better Mod Descriptors, Mod Configuration Menu, 10mm SMG (Adds the 10mm SMGs back into the game), Wattz Laser Gun, BS Defense (So your defense numbers actually MEAN something, and you don't have to go running every time someone attacks), Armorsmith Extended, and West Tek Tactical Optics (Especially needed with Darker Nights)

7 minutes ago, FMPhoenixHawk said:

I have to admit, I do not like VIS-G, the original VIS worked fine.  Renaming everything with the brand name, the manufacturer and adding the ammo types that aren't correct kind of bothers me.  Let my 10mm pistol be a 10mm pistol, not a H&K 10 mm chambered semi-auto pistol (Or whatever it was)  Really wish the original VIS was still being updated.

I will say, to the original post, if you are using any of the Creation club stuff, the patches for those are great.  I would also add to the list AWKCR, Improved Map with Visible Roads, Optimized Vanilla Textures, Where Did I Put That (Labels for all your containers), True Storms, Darker Nights, Better Mod Descriptors, Mod Configuration Menu, 10mm SMG (Adds the 10mm SMGs back into the game), Wattz Laser Gun, BS Defense (So your defense numbers actually MEAN something, and you don't have to go running every time someone attacks), Armorsmith Extended, and West Tek Tactical Optics (Especially needed with Darker Nights)

OH yes, AWKCR thats the mod I was trying to think of but couldn't remember.
Also Improved Map is great.

Also stuff like Better Weapon Scrapping, a mod that removes weapon drops from animals, you get meat, not a legendary missile launcher from a radstag.
I use various visible weapon mods, but some have issues, like missing meshes or clipping. A backpack mod would be useful.

Armor Modifications Expanded, Craftable Guns and Weapons, Buildable Power Armor Frames - prticularly useful for the ability to scrap them, plus some mods require it for some reason.
Scrappable Legendaries - 'nuff said. Craftable Armor Size, Craftable Ammo, Crafting Workbenches - Craftable Weapons Armor Clothing Ammo Junk, Snappable Junk Fences, Manufacturing Extended. Scrap dead things, No more floating razorgrain, Scrap That Misc, Craftable Animal Glue - Adhesive Recipes, Longer Power Lines, Wall Pass-Through Power Conduits.

I won't list all the settlement mods I use, there are a lot.  Ones that combine various are probably your best bet, but be careful of breaking the build menu or ending up with a build menu 5 miles long.

Oh, also adding Lootable Vault-Tec and Wooden Crates.  Helps with the rarer materials in the Vault-Tec crates. I use the Legendary Modifications mod to be able to pull legendary abilities off stuff or craft my own.  Snappable Junk Fences is pretty much been in my load order since the start.  Manufacturing extended is great.   I do use the no floating razorgrain mod, but I don't plant much of it.  Longer Power Lines is a very good one.  Also, I can't remember the name, but there is one that adds tactical lights to combat helmets, like they're supposed to have.  The mod We are the Minutemen adds a backpack, but so do a few other mods.  Crimsonrider's DLC ammo mod adds the 45-70 and 7.62 ammo to vendors across the Commonwealth and DLCs after you get to a certain level.  CBBE or SevenBase are pretty much the go-to female body mods.  I use CBBE.  Better Settlers and Don't Call Me Settler are great.  Finally Immersive Vendors.  I've got several power armor paint mods, some weapon modding mods (Extended Weapon Mods, Expanded Railway Rifle Mods), and a few minor things.  Sadly, I don't think the Targeting Fat Man and Berry Mentats Enhanced mod is still out there.

Thanks for all suggestions !  Is going to give me something to do next week when I am off, go through them all.  gopherVaultStiv

Some of them I already have and one in particular I found the author to be a bit off but it is his mod so he can do as he wish.  Just to bad it is a huge mode, Armorsmith Extended, but the Author wont provide any support for these reasons: ** If you want any kind of tech support uninstall Concealed Armors, Crafting Workbenches, and Vortex. ** .. And then have a link to the old Nexus Mod Manager.  Now I am using Vortex and with a bit of fiddle around I have the Mod last in my load order (as per Authors suggested load order), although Gopher suggested in his video not to do your own groups, but that's how I put it at the bottom, will have to see if that will work out or not. 

fojOW9H.gif

As can be seen it is not at the bottom (Late Loader, where I put Armorsmith Extended, and will put any extra files from that mod if I use other mod that needs them) but almost.  Funny thing is though when I just started Vortex to take the screeny, it been moved and was after Scrap Everything.  Will have to check when I come home tonight if it been moved again.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:09 AM, FMPhoenixHawk said:

Oh, also adding Lootable Vault-Tec and Wooden Crates.  Helps with the rarer materials in the Vault-Tec crates. I use the Legendary Modifications mod to be able to pull legendary abilities off stuff or craft my own.  Snappable Junk Fences is pretty much been in my load order since the start.  Manufacturing extended is great.   I do use the no floating razorgrain mod, but I don't plant much of it.  Longer Power Lines is a very good one.  Also, I can't remember the name, but there is one that adds tactical lights to combat helmets, like they're supposed to have.  The mod We are the Minutemen adds a backpack, but so do a few other mods.  Crimsonrider's DLC ammo mod adds the 45-70 and 7.62 ammo to vendors across the Commonwealth and DLCs after you get to a certain level.  CBBE or SevenBase are pretty much the go-to female body mods.  I use CBBE.  Better Settlers and Don't Call Me Settler are great.  Finally Immersive Vendors.  I've got several power armor paint mods, some weapon modding mods (Extended Weapon Mods, Expanded Railway Rifle Mods), and a few minor things.  Sadly, I don't think the Targeting Fat Man and Berry Mentats Enhanced mod is still out there.

Was it  this mod you were thinking of in regards to the helmets ??  Combat Helmet Illumination

If you thinking of doing another playthrough of Fallout 4, you might want to use this mod, Lootable Crates, instead of Lootable Vault-Tec and Wooden Crates.  The LC is more to update and doing the same thing.  LVTWC been working fine according to comments but seems Bethesda's updates after that mod was last updated have slowly made it work less and less well, hence the author of LC recreated it in a different way and it covers all DLC's as well now.

The author to LC do state it suppose to be loaded high in the load order so if you would use Vortex, I put it in the Underrides folder so it loads before most other loads and seems to be working fine so far.  Went back to Vault 111 and it had all kind of goodies in the crates there. :P

Another mod I thought I mention if anyone else reading this and wanting ideas is this mod:  Hud Plus Plus.  >It works well with DEF_UI, for me atleast, as long as you don't move the quick loot box since HPP show an additional box next to it with information about the item you looking at.

Also FadingSignal has made a Mobile Mechanic - Portable Workbench and Junk Scrapping that I think is just awesome.  I was going to use Scrap Grinder, but it not been updated since 2016 and has to be in a settlement.  FadingSignals mod you can carry with you, and with a kit (you decide which one as you craft them) then you can carry it with you, once you have to much junk, drop the Portable and scrap the junk you need scrapped for components, instead of having to run back to a settlement ! gopherVaultStiv  Can even make it for a portable power armor repair station if you into those. :P