Gopher's Minions

Fallout 76: So this was interesting.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:48 AM, Goatcha said:

You have to watch a bit more than 43 seconds to get to the heart of the episode.
In a nutshell though:  This guy was in a position where he was able to talk to some actual developers, including some quite senior staff members, just prior to launch, while they were intoxicated; and they essentially revealed that Bethesda literally has no expectations of Fallout 76, they don't even have Sales Goals, its a cheap side-project they are just doing as a cash-grab.
Also that the development team are completely isolated from all feedback, they can't fix our complaints about the game because they aren't even hearing the complaints.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:36 AM, Goatcha said:

Wasn't really a BETA, it was Early Access under another name. Its been a growing trend in the Industry, but its dropped out of the news the last couple of years, seems like its back though.
And it was really 2 weeks if you weren't on XBONE.

"Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies"

Yes. and Yes. I was in contact with the devs indirectly and it was clear that 76 was just a test of some new engine developments. They did not think of it as a real game. They were interested in seeing if fans would be interested in a MMORPG. They were interested in whether or not they could use such an approach to make money. They wanted to see if the servers would crash.

It worked out far better than they expected for Bethesda. It worked out far worse for fans.

Edited by Cryzeteur