Gopher's Minions
Goatcha

Fallout 76: So this was interesting.

You have to watch a bit more than 43 seconds to get to the heart of the episode.
In a nutshell though:  This guy was in a position where he was able to talk to some actual developers, including some quite senior staff members, just prior to launch, while they were intoxicated; and they essentially revealed that Bethesda literally has no expectations of Fallout 76, they don't even have Sales Goals, its a cheap side-project they are just doing as a cash-grab.
Also that the development team are completely isolated from all feedback, they can't fix our complaints about the game because they aren't even hearing the complaints.

sHis news is really old news and inaccurate.

Bethesda does listen to gamer complaints> They may not respond very well but they do listen.

The Beta was actually in far better condition than other major Betas I have played.

I do not think Fallout 76 is broken. It is just "something completely different." It is kind of like CDProjektRed producing Gwent instead of another RPG. This guy is a bit off his rocker.

BTW, if you go back to my reports on Fallout 76 long before release I described exactly what it was going to be. It is exactly that. I am not disappointed in it. It is exactly what Bethesda wanted. I think it will do well.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Every YouTube video I view about Fallout 76? It's the same old comments: "No NPCs, not buying!" "Game feels empty!" "WTF? This is the next full Fallout game?!? So disappointed!!" I'm having fun playing 76, loving the holotape/note related quests, and not having to hear "My back hurts, my feet hurts, everything hurts!" every 5 mins is also a good thing!

You can have fun playing the game, but you're seriously in denial if you don't think it's a broken game.

It has more issues than PUBG did at launch and it's far less polished than Fortnite despite having a $60 price tag. They didn't fix any of the core issues from Fallout 4 and so far the patches are all about the size of the game itself.

They clearly do not know what they are doing, or they just don't care. I wouldn't be surprised at the latter, and that this is indeed just a cash grab using the Fallout title and past popularity of these types of games.

Give the Digital Foundry video on Fallout 76 a watch. Even from a technical standpoint, the game is objectively broken. And it's a $60 title associated with a AAA franchise -- it's a turd. Maybe it's a fun turd for some people, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a turd.

Edited by Arrogant

25 minutes ago, Graeme Jones said:

It's a Bethesda game, duh. Obviously I know it's broken as they are still using the same engine that is a complete mess. I've aired my complaints to them when I played the BETA and after release.

But they clearly didn't listen. Why hold a beta if you're not going to fix anything?

It's just laziness. Inexcusable laziness. Especially when you go back and watch Todd Howard try and sell it at E3. He hypes it up so much, and yet it's a complete and utter mess. "It's a Bethesda game, duh" is just an excuse for them.

There need to be actual consequences for them pulling shit like this. Like no one buying their games until they sort this out. Why reward them for being lazy?

If you give them $60 and then send them a message about how buggy or janky their game is, they don't care. That $60 is all they wanted from you -- they don't care if you like the game or not. They're a business, and once you've given them your money, you've thrown away any sort of leverage you had. All the coverage since E3, all the coverage of the BETA, all the coverage upon release.. and people still bought the game.

What does that tell them? Spending money and resources on polishing the game up, or even making sure it works, is a waste of time since people are going to buy it anyway. You have Red Dead Redemption 2, where your horses balls change size depending on the temperature.. and then you have Fallout 76, where the perk card about automatic weapons features a bolt-action rifle. You have an insane level of detail, pretty much unmatched by any game in the industry, and then you have Fallout 76 -- and people paid the same amount of money for both games.

That's pretty insane, and sends a clear picture to Bethesda that they can get away with doing whatever they want -- people are sheep, and will flock to them each and every time they release garbage, even when they know it's garbage.

Edited by Arrogant

So I'm a sheep because I wanted to buy and play a game that had my interest? I'm insulted by that. I hate when people generalise. This game is getting a lot of unwanted hate just for the sake of hating. Harsh criticism is fine as long as it's constructive. Saying crap like for example: "Oh this game sucks, want my money back!" is NOT helpful.

1 hour ago, Graeme Jones said:

So I'm a sheep because I wanted to buy and play a game that had my interest? I'm insulted by that. I hate when people generalise. This game is getting a lot of unwanted hate just for the sake of hating. Harsh criticism is fine as long as it's constructive. Saying crap like for example: "Oh this game sucks, want my money back!" is NOT helpful.

Because you're enabling and supporting this behavior by Bethesda. You're saying that it's okay, through your wallet, for them to release broken games.

Unwanted? Sure. Unwarranted? No, not at all. And constructive criticism was offered. During the beta. And was ignored. Go figure, ye? There's little point in offering valid feedback to someone that isn't listening.

They didn't fix the core issues from Fallout 4. Why? Simple question, should have a simple answer. But we get nothing but silence. When Bethesda was asked about the FOV slider, they said it wasn't really possible to add because "reasons". But then they got a ton of hate, and suddenly.. it's possible! Wow, right? It's a miracle.

Or they're just lazy and uncaring until it begins to affect their bottom line.

Edited by Arrogant

14 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

If you like the game, more power to you.
Doesn't change the core issues, but I am glad some people like it.  Tell us if you still like it 3 weeks from now.
Honestly it was the lack of Sales Goals and the developers being isolated from feedback, kept separate from the PR team, that caught my interest. 
The buggy mess has been covered by everyone and the empty game I knew long before the "BETA" which is why I didn't buy it.
As for wanting the money back... yeah.  not helpful.

There need to be actual consequences for them pulling shit like this. Like no one buying their games until they sort this out. Why reward them for being lazy?

I love this game I'd gladly pay 120 dollars for it. I am having more fun than dare I say ((( Witcher 3.))) bugs and all.

Some are pretty dam funny when they happen. I teamed with a random and the next thing you know we are both fighting in our underwear. HaHA what a hoot.

We still had all our armor and killing power. We laughed and wonder if other player saw us neked. I could just hear the comments " Hea you two get a room"

Can someone explain what all the issues are with no press to talk and or phone type text messaging?

There are no cell phones in fallout or cell towers wouldn't phone texting or tweeting via the internet be very emersion breaking? Who the f wants to be typing letter while playing a fallout game? Ah millennials. Never mind, haba

Also I teamed up with a guy/group last night and he walked me thru using discord not the ingame mics.

If discord works with FO76 why all the bitching? don't most real PC gamers use discord?

21 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

I love this game I'd gladly pay 120 dollars for it. I am having more fun than dare I say ((( Witcher 3.))) bugs and all.

Some are pretty dam funny when they happen. I teamed with a random and the next thing you know we are both fighting in our underwear. HaHA what a hoot.

We still had all our armor and killing power. We laughed and wonder if other player saw us neked. I could just hear the comments " Hea you two get a room"

Can someone explain what all the issues are with no press to talk and or phone type text messaging?

There are no cell phones in fallout or cell towers wouldn't phone texting or tweeting via the internet be very emersion breaking? Who the f wants to be typing letter while playing a fallout game? Ah millennials. Never mind, haba

Also I teamed up with a guy/group last night and he walked me thru using discord not the ingame mics.

If discord works with FO76 why all the bitching? don't most real PC gamers use discord?

I also like the game. It is not as bad as people rant about. Yes, bugs and all...

The bugs are not that bad.

I am not annoyed by the open mic.

My only real criticism is that it is not my style game. It is like FFO but no where near as much fun. Oh well.

Exactly. This game is NOT that bad, it's not crashing every 20 mins (for me anyway), and framerate isn't as bad as some are claiming (on consoles I mean). Yes, this game should NOT have been released in it's current state. That was a stupid (and costly) decision on BGS. They should've fixed the issues before releasing so the game was more stable. But what makes my blood friggin' boil is, people like me who enjoy playing the damn game, get's insulted for it. I HATE THAT! Heck, some people are now fat shaming Oxhorn because he's enjoying the game, and that is not only disgusting.. it's damn right pathetic! Name calling, is NOT acceptable.

My apologies for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest.

41 minutes ago, Graeme Jones said:

Exactly. This game is NOT that bad, it's not crashing every 20 mins (for me anyway), and framerate isn't as bad as some are claiming (on consoles I mean). Yes, this game should NOT have been released in it's current state. That was a stupid (and costly) decision on BGS. They should've fixed the issues before releasing so the game was more stable. But what makes my blood friggin' boil is, people like me who enjoy playing the damn game, get's insulted for it. I HATE THAT! Heck, some people are now fat shaming Oxhorn because he's enjoying the game, and that is not only disgusting.. it's damn right pathetic! Name calling, is NOT acceptable.

All the same, they could at least have included the Bugfix Mods players came up with within a week of Fallout 4s launch, and the game should only ever have been a $30 title.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, Goatcha said:

All the same, they could at least have included the Bugfix Mods players came up with within a week of Fallout 4s launch, and the game should only ever have been a $30 title.

Totally agree about the bug fixes. Modders have gotten rid of numerous bugs in the game and Bethesda is just stupid to ignore these fixes. Absolutely no reason for it. The Creation Kit makes it clear that everything created by modders is the property of Bethesda. All they had to do is incorporate those mods. It would have taken a dev one afternoon to incorporate all the fixes. They should have done this before they modified the engine. At this point they need to release a new Creation Kit for 76 with SKSE so modders can fix their partly-broken game. Thousands of modders could fix the game bugs in a week or so.

Bethesda does not seem to realize that they have a unique and wonderful resource in the modding community. They don't seem to appreciate how much genius goes into the mods. Modders take a poor game to a great game out of unselfish devotion. The reward is in helping and entertaining others.

Also, mods let people play the game they want. Not everyone wants the same game. Mods also allow many new and different RPG play throughs. That is why Oblivion, Morrowind and Skyrim are still Bethesda's best games and have a reputation around the world as the most popular games that players play forever over and over again.

They want something to appease the gamer world... put Morrowond and Oblivion into their new engine and allow CK modding. They should not be afraid to revamp old releases. I play Skywind and Skyblivion and when they are finished they will be good, but true revamps would be amazing. Such revamps would need a few new quest lines to make them wonderful releases.

Edited by Cryzeteur

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:46 AM, Graeme Jones said:

Exactly. This game is NOT that bad, it's not crashing every 20 mins (for me anyway), and framerate isn't as bad as some are claiming (on consoles I mean).

DigitalFoundry, known for objectively evaluating the performance of video games, thinks otherwise.

But what makes my blood friggin' boil is, people like me who enjoy playing the damn game, get's insulted for it. I HATE THAT! Heck, some people are now fat shaming Oxhorn because he's enjoying the game, and that is not only disgusting.. it's damn right pathetic! Name calling, is NOT acceptable.

They're receiving that hate because they're supporting Bethesda's poor behavior. They're enabling them; they're the reason why games like Fallout 76 are released.

This is capitalism. The only way to prevent bad products is to leverage the power you have with your wallet -- only it requires a collective effort to work out properly. And by buying a game like this, you're taking all our power away.

That people still purchased, and are purchasing, Fallout 76 could very well result in Starfield and the next TES being just as bad. That's the problem.

Just imagine if NO ONE purchased Fallout 76. Imagine if all Bethesda got was raging criticism for that release. They would very much think twice about using that same engine for Starfield and TES. Even if it meant restarting development for those products, they'd wager it's the right course of action because there'd be a real risk no one would buy those games either. What's worse: delaying the release for a year or two to ensure a good launch OR spending 2-4 years on something that isn't going to make you any money?

But that question isn't even on their minds because people are buying Fallout 76. They pre-ordered it like crazy, and are still buying it despite all this chaos. It's why Todd Howard can come out and say that Starfield and the next TES are going to use the same engine -- there aren't going to be any consequences for that.

Edited by Arrogant

17 minutes ago, Arrogant said:

DigitalFoundry, known for objectively evaluating the performance of video games, thinks otherwise.

They're receiving that hate because they're supporting Bethesda's poor behavior. They're enabling them; they're the reason why games like Fallout 76 are released.

This is capitalism. The only way to prevent bad products is to leverage the power you have with your wallet -- only it requires a collective effort to work out properly. And by buying a game like this, you're taking all our power away.

That people still purchased, and are purchasing, Fallout 76 could very well result in Starfield and the next TES being just as bad. That's the problem.

Just imagine if NO ONE purchased Fallout 76. Imagine if all Bethesda got was raging criticism for that release. They would very much think twice about using that same engine for Starfield and TES. Even if it meant restarting development for those products, they'd wager it's the right course of action because there'd be a real risk no one would buy those games either. What's worse: delaying the release for a year or two to ensure a good launch OR spending 2-4 years on something that isn't going to make you any money?

But that question isn't even on their minds because people are buying Fallout 76. They pre-ordered it like crazy, and are still buying it despite all this chaos. It's why Todd Howard can come out and say that Starfield and the next TES are going to use the same engine -- there aren't going to be any consequences for that.

This is a valid point. However, haters should still not pick on likers. That is just bad gaming and bad behavior. You can put up a strike line but should not deride people who cross your line,

Edited by Cryzeteur

On 12/1/2018 at 5:46 AM, Graeme Jones said:

No problem on the rant Graeme. I rather enjoyed reading it. Fat shaming Ox!?! OMG let see he had  1.1 million YT subscribers and his LP's of FO76 get 150K views in 24 hours.

I don't think he gives a crap what the 76 haters say.

Did you see the new house with YT studio he just bought? Checkout his fallout back wall? It is awesome and he is not done decorating yet.

I don't know how old you are but when you are as old as dirt, like me.

What other say and think really dosen't matter. These people are not a part of your real life. Never let them get to you.

Yeah, well...here's a tangent opinion...take it, as you will...

Since I first saw '76 trailers...when I was still actually living in West Virginia, I had a bad feeling about it...

Now that I've seen the "no return" policy and the way in was integrated into the game-sales part of it all, i.e., "no returns on downloaded content", when the only way to get the game was to download it...

...yeah...kinda sneaky, and more than a little bit shady... :huh:

Offering 500 atoms to compensate people for the helmet bag is a real slap in the face, as far as I see it, adding insult to injury, while treating everyone like fools in the process...

...the icing on the cake, is trading real money for useless game currency, and it's one of the biggest online cons I've had yet to witness...

...especially when you consider the Bethesda itself even says 'millions' have downloaded the game...

...even 5,000,000 atoms wouldn't be enough to change my mind about getting a refund, even if I had been foolish enough to pre-order an untested game from Bethesda, or any other video game producer...

...I work hard for what little I get paid...

...it's not like 500 atoms is worth anything, really, when you consider the rate you earn atoms, people working in sweat-shops get paid more by the hour...

...and Bethesda should know by now that time is indeed, money...

...it's not a thing to be taken lightly, or wasted...

I won't be buying Fallout 76, but, I won't tell anyone else not to...

Just remember, P.T. Barnum said it best, when it came to marks, and their money: "There's one born every day..."

...and to him, everyone was a mark...;)

Roachbait FNV

I will say, I felt cheated for the Power Armor Edition. Not saying I hate the helmet, but they flat out lied about the Canvas Bag! And 500 Atoms?! Pfft. I won't use the crap they put into CREATION CLUB on 76. Even from the Atoms I've earned ingame. I did use the code that came with the game for the American paints for armor/guns as that was a freebie.

I just hope they address the MAJOR issues ASAP. The upcoming fixes SHOULD'VE been added during the damn B.E.T.A

12 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

I will say, I felt cheated for the Power Armor Edition. Not saying I hate the helmet, but they flat out lied about the Canvas Bag! And 500 Atoms?! Pfft. I won't use the crap they put into CREATION CLUB on 76. Even from the Atoms I've earned ingame. I did use the code that came with the game for the American paints for armor/guns as that was a freebie.

I just hope they address the MAJOR issues ASAP. The upcoming fixes SHOULD'VE been added during the damn B.E.T.A

I have been in many Betas and Bethesda did not use the Beta the way developers usually use Beta. They only used Beta to test the servers. That is a poor use of Beta.

Beta is when players tell you all the things in the game that are broken and then the devs fix everything reported. Beta continues until players have done everything and verified that the fixes worked.

Even ESO listened to the players and fixed most of the major bugs before release.

11 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I have been in many Betas and Bethesda did not use the Beta the way developers usually use Beta. They only used Beta to test the servers. That is a poor use of Beta.

Beta is when players tell you all the things in the game that are broken and then the devs fix everything reported. Beta continues until players have done everything and verified that the fixes worked.

Even ESO listened to the players and fixed most of the major bugs before release.

Yup. They screwed up with the B.E.T.A. And 3 weeks? That wasn't enough time. Should've had it begin in Sept and end the week before the full game released.

7 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

Yup. They screwed up with the B.E.T.A. And 3 weeks? That wasn't enough time. Should've had it begin in Sept and end the week before the full game released.

Wasn't really a BETA, it was Early Access under another name. Its been a growing trend in the Industry, but its dropped out of the news the last couple of years, seems like its back though.
And it was really 2 weeks if you weren't on XBONE.

"Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies"