Gopher's Minions

Enderals DLC "Forgotten Stories" UPDATE Feb 14 Release Date

OutandBack

The website says release date 2018 and there is only 2.5 months left in 2018.

Also website says you can get Enderal and the DLC from Steam but I checked today you could not download Enderal yet.

https://sureai.net/

Anyone have plans to play this?

I just did a clean install of both skyrim32 and Enderal I'm just not sure how far to play.

The DLC discription reads more like put back cut content, expand and polish current quests, plus new quests. So I am thinking you need a pretty new character that hasn't progressed very far.

• 1 month later...
Bild
  • Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants’ guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
  • A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past
  • A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins
  • A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
  • A secret ending for the main-quest
  • A new class: the "Phasmalist" (Dev-Blog #2)
  • New bounty missions
  • Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from "The Walking Dead" and Lani Minella from "Skyrim")
  • New weapons and sets
  • New spells (Dev-Blog #1)
  • Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, OutandBack said:

The website says release date 2018 and there is only 2.5 months left in 2018.

Also website says you can get Enderal and the DLC from Steam but I checked today you could not download Enderal yet.

https://sureai.net/

Anyone have plans to play this?

I just did a clean install of both skyrim32 and Enderal I'm just not sure how far to play.

The DLC discription reads more like put back cut content, expand and polish current quests, plus new quests. So I am thinking you need a pretty new character that hasn't progressed very far.

Yes. When they developed Enderal they had huge plans and started development of everything. As they worked they started new quests as well. Late in initial development it became obvious that interest was waning and the team had other things to do, so they decided to release what they had. They never linked in some quests that were in development and others were just left incomplete. They concentrated on the main story and finished what they had to to make a complete game.

As a result there were many places where you would run across hints of quests that were not there and things like the island that were oddly incomplete with things that didn't work. Forgotten Stories was a hope the dev team had when they released the original. Several team members wanted to complete the game but many had obligations to new jobs. It is remarkable that they were able to pull the team together to finish the game. This is what the game should have been from the start. I will be very excited to see all the new content.

Yes. I will be playing.

I'm curious whether or not my mod will still work... or even be necessary... of course it never was necessary ... I just liked it.  :P

2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I'm curious whether or not my mod will still work... or even be necessary... of course it never was necessary ... I just liked it.  :P

As I understand it. The only way to get the DLC will be thru Steam and you will also need to download the Steam version of Enderal and of course you need a non modded 32 bit OldRim, no Skyrim DLC needed. I plan to start there and mod new. I also don't think you want an old lvl'd character you want to start a new character or you might miss triggering new quests.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

As I understand it. The only way to get the DLC will be thru Steam and you will also need to download the Steam version of Enderal and of course you need a non modded 32 bit OldRim, no Skyrim DLC needed. I plan to start there and mod new. I also don't think you want an old lvl'd character you want to start a new character or you might miss triggering new quests.

I didn't know it was steam only. But shouldn't matter my Oldrim in on Steam anyway, so Creation Kit and mods should work as always.

You are right about starting over... things may have changed...  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion mod for Skyrim that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters. 

Add Enderal Forgotten Stories to your wish list on Steam.   https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

German Release 1-3 July. English Release End of July.

Sorry for the lack of news regarding Enderal's release in the last few weeks. We've got good news: Enderal was approved by Valve!
However, we are currently busy ironing out bugs that have been found by our testers in the mean time.

Edited by Cryzeteur

2 hours ago, OutandBack said:

With Metro Exodus releasing on Feb 15, 2019 how many will delay downloading Forgotten Stories, releasing on Feb 14th to play at a later date?

When it rains it poors I guess.

Please note: German Release 1-3 July. English Release End of July.

\The title of this stream is incorrect. The new release date is copied directly from the release video on Steam.

Edited by Cryzeteur

If you go to Steam, third video over and go to the end of it it gives the July release date for the mod.

The February release date seems to be the novel: Dreams of the Dying.

I could be wrong but I am following the links and instructions directly from the developers page.

" Enderal: Forgotten Stories, the award-winning Skyrim Total Conversion is coming to Steam on February 14! "

So... two official dates?

Edited by Cryzeteur

UPDATE: If you clean out your SSD with Steam games you are not playing don't delete Steams version of SKSE you need that for the standalone Enderal with DLC.

So far I have not see any of the DLC so far well maybe I stumbled on one new small dungeon with some extra goodies in it. I am just not sure where to look yet I hope things become a bit clearer when I get to Ark. There is some really nice tweaks with extra sound tracks and special effects. So are suttle but very nice.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, OutandBack said:

I am downloading Forgotten Stories now. I totally spaced it. Anyone else playing?

Once its loaded I will delete 32bit Skyrim and the old Enderal. I see no reason to waste SSD space.

I'm really taking my time with Metro so I think I can do both games at the same time.

Didn't delete anything. Ran fine until I got into the "Inbetween."

As to why I got stuck, I ran the file check and found a bad file. The game runs fine now.

I'm in no rush to get to Ark.

There are many changes. Less mystery. The story is more logical. Not sure if I like it better or not.

Edited by Cryzeteur