Gopher's Minions

Minionland's 2nd Anniversary: plans and information

Tirius

Hello all,

As part of the upcoming 2nd birthday of Minionland, a few of us have started preparing for a birthday party on the server. In this post, you'll find information on the event. As we've only started work last Saturday, we have not finalized all the plans yet. As the team's designated 'communications guy', I'll update this thread with new information as it comes available.

Date

We are running a strawpoll to determine which date might suit everyone best. Please vote below. Time will most likely be in the European evening, a.k.a. 'Gopher streaming time'.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16555446

@Z-blackblue has donated land north of his base at FiveTowers for a party location. We are setting up a party venue there, at roughly x = 8000 and z = 550. If you do not know how to get there, and don't wish to fly to the above coordinates, you can find directions in the spoiler tag below.

Spoiler

Travel via nether (from spawn, recommended):

• Go to the Nether Hub at Spawn.
  • Take the East road (yellow) until you reach the intersection that leads to FiveTowers, at roughly x=1000.
  • Turn right at the intersection. You will find the FiveTowers nether stable on your left side, if you wish to park your horse.
  • Go up the stairs to the left of the stable (2 sets of stairs, look for the trees) and turn right when you get to the top.
  • Go into the nether portal marked 'city'.
  • You will find yourself in a tall building. You can see the party site from the windows.
  • Go down the stairs to the ground floor of the building, and go outside. Turn left, and go through the piston-operated city gate.
  • Travel down the path a short distance to reach your destination.

Travel via overland road (from spawn, via Great East road; note: this may take you up to half an hour depending on the quality of your horse):

• Overworld: Starting out from Spawn, ride south to towards Gopher's house and turn left just before the bridge.
  • At the intersection next to Skilsplat's giant pumpkin house, turn right, and follow the path around Xelphos Park.
  • You will come to an intersection. On the other side, you will see Atlas Baked holding up his cake. Turn left, and go down the tunnel towards Crossroads.
  • Once you exit the tunnel, follow the path towards Crossroads. You will pass Skystead village and its ship on your right and come to an intersection just beyond it.
  • Turn right onto the path towards Shady Glen and the World Tree. You will cross a bridge and see the Ministry of Science's rainbow roof on the far side.
  • Turn right at the end of the bridge and go down the tunnel. Once you exit the tunnel, ride straight ahead as far as you can go, until you hit a X-shaped intersection, beyond which the forward path ends next to a Viking longhouse and a small Viking ship.
  • Turn left at that intersection. Follow the road up the hill. You will find a wall sign for the Great East Road there, on which FiveTowers is mentioned.
  • From here on, you can follow the design of the Great East road for the remainder of the journey, the path you are on will look the same until you reach FiveTowers.
  • Follow the road past the waystations for Ebonheart and Lakeview. You will eventually come to an intersection at Summerville, a village with haybale roofs. Turn left there.
  • Continue straight ahead past Rod's Coffee Break and Hampstead. Turn right into the tunnel leading to the BoteBoys Memorial and Miniopoly. Turn left just before you reach Miniopoly and keep going down the road.
  • After a long journey, you will reach FiveTowers. Note you will have to cross the city interior, as your destination is on its other side (map to follow).
  • Exit FiveTowers by the northeast gate. You will find the party venue to your left a short distance down the road.

5lqxxEl.jpg

Construction plans

Work has started on building the party venue. A few groups of minions have set up teams to work on specific parts of the build, but you can also help with odd jobs and resources. If you want to help, please post in this thread (or ask in the in-game chat, one of us is bound to be online). @Xanthir has kindly offered to oversee the project, but as we are on Z_Blackblue's claim, for building assistance will need his claim permission first. Note that I am not yet sharing here what we are building, to avoid spoilers. :)

Activities

Activities are currently being developed. While we have no definite plans yet, the following are being worked on:

• Ice dancing
  • Boat race
  • Scavenger hunt

Gopher

While we have not finalized the date yet, we have recieved word that Gopher will not be able to attend, if the party is during the weekend immediately after the anniversary date. As he has also mentioned during his Patreon video that his Minecraft setup currently needs a lot of work, we are proceeding under the assumption that the Dark Lord will be with us only in spirit.

--

If you have any questions, want to help or are trying to follow my travel plan and are completely lost now, please post below.

Edited by Tirius

• Tirius changed the title to Minionland's 2nd Anniversary: plans and information
11 hours ago, Tirius said:

As he has also mentioned during his Patreon video that his Minecraft setup currently needs a lot of work

:rolleyes:

Honestly takes no time at all to update the client. The game does it for you, and keeps profiles for each update so you can go back and forth between them. It's a billion times easier than, say, adding mods to Skyrim.

9 hours ago, Silverthorn1111 said:

So, 6 october it is then, right ?

I shall have to confer with the construction teams - that first date was a bit uncertain given that they are still working on things. I'll check in and update here afterwards.

After conferring with the builders, I can report that we will not be ready in time to hold the party on the 6th (this Saturday). Therefore, we have picked the next most popular option, that being Saturday the 20th of October. This will give the various construction teams sufficient time to complete their projects without having to rush. Thanks to everyone who responded to the poll.

P.S. I have also updated the first post with a few activities that are likely to be included, though this is subject to change.

Edited by Tirius

58 minutes ago, Phelan said:

Suddenly, there was a flapping and the cat meowed, "Hey!" The donkey asked, "What happened?", to which the cat responded, "The hen just mumbled having something really important to do, and flapped off... Must really be quite something, I hope it'll do well!"

Vanished.thumb.jpg.d0d90247b7035d13ab8aef090e965805.jpg

I take it that is a donkey-sheep-cat? What ever it is, it is amazing! Congratulations on the build!   :D

On 10/10/2018 at 7:26 PM, Phelan said:

Suddenly, there was a flapping and the cat meowed, "Hey!" The donkey asked, "What happened?", to which the cat responded, "The hen just mumbled having something really important to do, and flapped off... Must really be quite something, I hope it'll do well!"

Vanished.thumb.jpg.d0d90247b7035d13ab8aef090e965805.jpg

Are you sure the cat didn't eat the chicken ? :P 
You should give it a big belly :D

Edited by Silverthorn1111

On 10/5/2018 at 9:18 AM, Tirius said:

After conferring with the builders, I can report that we will not be ready in time to hold the party on the 6th (this Saturday). Therefore, we have picked the next most popular option, that being Saturday the 20th of October. This will give the various construction teams sufficient time to complete their projects without having to rush. Thanks to everyone who responded to the poll.

P.S. I have also updated the first post with a few activities that are likely to be included, though this is subject to change.

I'm working that night alas, wish you well.
Make sure you post videos, unless Gopher streams.

Reminder: tomorrow we will be having our 2nd Anniversary Party. We'll be gathering between 8:30 and 9:00 pm CEST a.k.a. "Gopher Standard Time".

Note we don't have a fixed schedule for events, and we'll likely have a few things to do in the following hours if you join later. A few people have already expressed that they will not be able to make it until later, so we'll likely have ongoing activities for a few hours at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me a while to sort my screenshots, but here is the post-event photo bomb! I've split it over 2 posts considering the amount of pictures.

The party event site:

RjsAcfW.png NaKyCwU.png

Plenty of food and drink; there is already some salsa in the garbage bin:

Py6kHUk.png SRCUARP.png

The cutting of the Cake / pulling out the slice (click the right image for bigger version):

ZS5Ej1i.png aE2Al2p.png

Events commence with the Ritual Egg Toss / commentator 3v interviews Gopher look-a-like:

14HcZMP.png H3LAuGh.png

Voting for the Minion Awards / punching your fellow minion in Rockem Sockem Robots:

QWgDUSZ.png z0xCGaM.png

(continued from above)

Things start going to the dogs:

FCYLx6j.png 3kM34WY.png

Bouncy Castle a.k.a Squids just wanna have fun / adminions discovered to actually be bird brains:

elBwcHa.png UIOx0Vk.png

Ender pearl race course / awaiting the racers in the FiveTowers boat race:

gd3ndMl.png 0ud2pKK.png

----------

With gratitude to all the party site builders, all the minions who showed up to make this a crazy night of chaos, and all those who were with us in spirit and continue to make Minionland a wonderful place year-round. We could not have done this without you!

Your map-loving, tulip-growing, road-planning neighbour,

Tirius

BDRUz7A.png

Group photo

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2018 at 8:26 PM, Cryzeteur said:

I take it that is a donkey-sheep-cat? What ever it is, it is amazing! Congratulations on the build!   :D

It's a donkey, dog and cat, with normally a chicken on top. It's my "Minecraft version" of the Town Musicians of Bremen (both a fairy tale as well as a bronze statue in the city of Bremen based on that fairytale :)