Gopher's Minions
Beuwolf

Assassins Creed Odyssey - Next game in the AC series.

Another good looking game from Ubisoft, getting this game through an AMD promotion but might pick up the season pass since.. well, watch the trailer to see what you get. :P

Serious note though, it looks interesting and so does the DLC that they showing a bit off.  Anyone else going to be playing it once it is out ?

16 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

I'm taking it I am the only one playing this game since no one else voiced their thoughts about it ? :P

I'm playing SkyrimSE ... my own mods again.... much more severe .... orphan .... unfortunately she leveled up faster than I wanted .... she is already level 20.

I started Assassin's Creed but never really got into it. I am thinking about playing Kingdom Hearts Whole Story Bundle. I have already played about half of it.

Edited by Cryzeteur

On 9/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, Beuwolf said:

Another good looking game from Ubisoft, getting this game through an AMD promotion but might pick up the season pass since.. well, watch the trailer to see what you get. :P

Serious note though, it looks interesting and so does the DLC that they showing a bit off.  Anyone else going to be playing it once it is out ?

I haven't played AC since the disappointment that was Black Flag, especially with the broken mess that followed it.
As far as I am concerned they killed the franchise when they killed Desmond.

That said, from the reviews I have seen Odyssey is a great game, but its also grindy as f*ck, especially if you prioritise the main campaign over side-quests.
The exp boosters are not optional, they are necessary unless you have a complete every side-quest as they appear style of play. And even then the game is still grindy due to level caps on story progression.  Plus the whole levelled loot system which mirrors the terrible loot-box inspired loot drops in Shadow of War.

Despite all that though people say the Main Story is fantastic and the combat mechanics are extremely good.

For myself though I am currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which also suffers from grind in the same way as Rise specifically needing to hunt and fast travel around to get the resources to upgrade weapons.  Instead of one bow which retains upgrades as you get better bows you end up carrying around half a dozen bows that all have separate upgrades, same with pistols, assault rifles etc.  Plus the tombs give tangible perk rewards (like Rise) which makes them not optional.
Story is solid even though the premise is stupid beyond words, but the resource grind, argh.  Honestly just like Rise it feels like they designed a game around selling resource packs and then didn't include the option to buy the packs.  Its pen-world busywork for the sake of busywork and it ruins the game.

But the hours spent hunting aside, its a great game, just nowhere near as good as the 2013 reboot.

Also still playing GTA V, a little bit of Skyrim, Working my way through the Highmoon Transformers games (up to Dark Spark),  And Wolfenstein Old Blood.
Waiting for Just Cause 4, but that doesn't launch till December.

9 minutes ago, Goatcha said:

I haven't played AC since the disappointment that was Black Flag, especially with the broken mess that followed it.
As far as I am concerned they killed the franchise when they killed Desmond.

That said, from the reviews I have seen Odyssey is a great game, but its also grindy as f*ck, especially if you prioritise the main campaign over side-quests.
The exp boosters are not optional, they are necessary unless you have a complete every side-quest as they appear style of play. And even then the game is still grindy due to level caps on story progression.  Plus the whole levelled loot system which mirrors the terrible loot-box inspired loot drops in Shadow of War.

Despite all that though people say the Main Story is fantastic and the combat mechanics are extremely good.

I never played any Assassins Creed game before Origins, so can't really related to the other games.

The only ones I seen saying the game is grindy is.. well, the reviewers.. since they want to blitz through the main quest and get their reviews out as soon as possible to get their views from people.   But yeah, if you just doing the main quest then you be underleveled as you progress it (as with most games).  Then again, with a huge open world game, that is made for exploration, why just beeline the main quest ??   On another forum I am on one user have only done the first part of the main quest then they just been exploring and now around level 30. 

I'm only level 9 so can't really say anything about the experience boosters since it all been fine for me so far.   And not sure what you mean with the levelled loot system, so far I got weapon and armour that is my level or above, which is all good in my eyes.