Gopher's Minions
FMPhoenixHawk

Dark face bug, but only with one mod

I know, I know, I'm asking many questions, but I cannot seem to find the answers.  I am using Apachii SkyHair and I like it.  In Oldrim, I was able to get it to work on lots of the NPCs as well.  So, I went looking for a mod to allow that in SE, and I found a couple.  I started with the Apachii Hairs NPC Overhaul, but it appears to generate the dark face bug on a few NPCs.  Weirder, when I tried another mod (Apachii haircuts for unique NPCs, which translated a French mod into English) the same thing happened.  Strangely, it's not all of them, just a few.  I am not really sure what mod it's conflicting with, the only ones I can think of that change NPCs are CBBE or it's normal map addon, maybe one of the magic mods, Cutting Room Floor or maybe the Wet & Cold Fur hoods fix?  I'm not sure, but I'm not in a hurry to do an entire teardown and rebuild again.

The dark face bug is a bug in Skyrim. It is not as bad, does not appear as often, in Skyrim SE, but it still appears. It can appear in vanilla Skyrim and vanilla Skyrim SE. There are dozens of fixes but they only work sometimes and often fail after a bit. 

1. Open console with NPC in front of you. Mouse click on face. Enter in console: "setnpcweight 0" then Return (Enter). Sometimes this fixes it. If not, then enter: "disable" followed by entering "enable." When you enter "disable" the NPC should disappear. "enable" cause the NPC to reappear. If they do not disappear and reappear you have not clicked on the right thing so try again. Sometimes  "setnpcweight 10" or  "setnpcweight 1" also works. Due to the games instability the fix is rarely permanent.

2. In the console, click on the character, enter "export NAME" You have to look up the SPF NAME in the Wiki. Exporting the character usually fixes the problem of a discolored face but will not fix black face..

3. There is a program : Dark Face Fix that works pretty well for Skyrim SE. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10522

4. Also: Possible Dark Face Fix - Player (NVidia only) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11211

Shows up a lot in Fallout 4 as well. There the easiest thing is to use slm (showlookmenu) on the npc, adjust any feature and it should fix it, you can then switch the feature back.
Been looking for a solution for Skyrim SE, I'm getting it with half the imperials in the game, few elves as well.

Interesting.  I've been using the "setnpcweight" command, and it works for most, but I noticed that some of the folks that have the dark face bug have some facial feature or mark.  I guess I'm going to have to pull the mod again, and just give up with giving all the people of Skyrim fabulous hair.

5 hours ago, FMPhoenixHawk said:

Interesting.  I've been using the "setnpcweight" command, and it works for most, but I noticed that some of the folks that have the dark face bug have some facial feature or mark.  I guess I'm going to have to pull the mod again, and just give up with giving all the people of Skyrim fabulous hair.

LOL....:lol: