Gopher's Minions

SKYRIM - Special Edition #42 : Escape from Irkgnthingnthhnangnnsomething

So now the moment of truth. Does Lenny keep the Key and defy Nocturnal?

I did, long enough to get good at hotwiring Dwarven Automatons anyway. My thief character decided that rummaging through ruins, especially Dwarven ruins, was a much better way to wealth and shiny things than robbing houses.

A question I've always had, does Gopher choose different equipment mods with every playthrough?  For example, he's using Immersive Armors here, but not Immersive Weapons.  Or is there some overlap with Morrowloot?

As to the video itself, that will have to wait until later.  Still working on my SSE mods, and Toonami starts in a bit.

The sneaking seems a bit OP. If there weren't any followers, he would be able to sneak up on just about anyone while in the dark and do insane amounts of damage. He still gets caught when pickpocketing though, but that's a moot thing when he can just pay off guards and suffer no consequences.

I thought a thief playthrough might be a bit more.. dangerous? It's only the first "season", and the only real danger to him are his loud followers, flying cockroaches, and lightning staves.

12 hours ago, FMPhoenixHawk said:

A question I've always had, does Gopher choose different equipment mods with every playthrough?  For example, he's using Immersive Armors here, but not Immersive Weapons.  Or is there some overlap with Morrowloot?

As to the video itself, that will have to wait until later.  Still working on my SSE mods, and Toonami starts in a bit.

Gopher is using a completely new set of mods specially chosen to suit his Leonard character. He is also changing mods to try different things. Partly he is trying to craft an entertaining playthrough, but mostly Gopher just likes to try to craft his own personal vision of how the game should work for him.

1 hour ago, Arrogant said:

The sneaking seems a bit OP. If there weren't any followers, he would be able to sneak up on just about anyone while in the dark and do insane amounts of damage. He still gets caught when pickpocketing though, but that's a moot thing when he can just pay off guards and suffer no consequences.

I thought a thief playthrough might be a bit more.. dangerous? It's only the first "season", and the only real danger to him are his loud followers, flying cockroaches, and lightning staves.

Actually, I think Gopher just rushed Lenny a bit too fast into the thief role. I used a ported version of Thief Guild Requirements and set the requirements very high. I have now finished the Thief Guild quest line and have noticed that I can stand in broad daylight and not be seen. Enemies always attack my companion and I stay hidden. I can perform multiple sneak attacks in a row.

I am so good at sneaking that it is definitely overpowered and getting a bit boring... :P

.... remember being invisible in Morrowind?

I am still playing my Little Waif character and she is way scarier than Babette.  ;)

...... still too short to see what's on counters....

Edited by Cryzeteur

1 hour ago, Cryzeteur said:

Actually, I think Gopher just rushed Lenny a bit too fast into the thief role. I used a ported version of Thief Guild Requirements and set the requirements very high. I have now finished the Thief Guild quest line and have noticed that I can stand in broad daylight and not be seen. Enemies always attack my companion and I stay hidden. I can perform multiple sneak attacks in a row.

I am so good at sneaking that it is definitely overpowered and getting a bit boring... :P

.... remember being invisible in Morrowind?

I am still playing my Little Waif character and she is way scarier than Babette.  ;)

...... still too short to see what's on counters....

That's why Gopher uses mods that makes enemies more likely to detect you when lit.   Vanilla and even partially modded Skyrim, or indeed any Bethesda game tends to have you become unstoppable once you max out relevant skills and sneak is incredibly powerful.  Even more so as a bow user when you don't need to get close.
But then think of Stiv, walk into a dungeon and cast a massive rage spell and wait 5 minutes, then everything is dead.

I wish they'd stop making it so easy for the player to become overpowered. How on Nirn does the player go from being some nobody that a handful of Imperial soldiers were able to capture and nearly execute to being an unstoppable force of nature, and all in the span of a week or two?

Starting in a prison cell, or in custody, is a nice way of giving the player a blank slate, but it's meaningless if you can from go zero to hero in just a few days. Would be better to give the player options for a backstory, and something similar to Live Another Life. It doesn't feel strange when, say, Geralt of Rivia takes out a dozen men and monsters in the blink of an eye because he's, well, Geralt.

Edited by Arrogant

On 6/25/2018 at 2:51 AM, Arrogant said:

I wish they'd stop making it so easy for the player to become overpowered. How on Nirn does the player go from being some nobody that a handful of Imperial soldiers were able to capture and nearly execute to being an unstoppable force of nature, and all in the span of a week or two?

Starting in a prison cell, or in custody, is a nice way of giving the player a blank slate, but it's meaningless if you can from go zero to hero in just a few days. Would be better to give the player options for a backstory, and something similar to Live Another Life. It doesn't feel strange when, say, Geralt of Rivia takes out a dozen men and monsters in the blink of an eye because he's, well, Geralt.

Have to admit its a source of annoyance to me in every game where you start out as an adult with zero skills, you should have received some training and experience in the last 10 years or so.  Possible exception with NV having been shot in the head to reset everything, but even there you do have the tag skill option to say what your past knowledge was.

5 hours ago, Goatcha said:

Have to admit its a source of annoyance to me in every game where you start out as an adult with zero skills, you should have received some training and experience in the last 10 years or so.  Possible exception with NV having been shot in the head to reset everything, but even there you do have the tag skill option to say what your past knowledge was.

the problem with that is that the game would require you to have some kind of backstory, and it would make the system class based, let's say magic, if you start as an archer you WILL NOT be able to learn magic later, it would not make sense. It's a tradeoff, one is believable, the other more flexible and let you learn and do what you want.