Gopher's Minions
Wonko

SKSE64 & Windows version 32,64 bit

Fellow minions, I've been trying to get SKSE64 running for Skyrim SE. I have followed everything that Gopher explains in his installation videos but it isn't working. When I go to run the skse64_loader.exe i receive the following message: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Attempting to launch skse through NMM gives the same error, albeit worded differently.

I am currently running windows 7, 64bit.

I have tried fresh Skyrim installs, fresh skse installs, different skse builds, relocating the Skyrim folder to the same drive as the windows install. I have also googled and searched forums but I can't find any mention of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

This message occurs when you have the wrong version of SKSE 64. So go to:

http://skse.silverlock.org/

and look for the following:

Current SE build 2.0.7 (runtime 1.5.39) 7z archive

I don't want to put the link here because the version might change. Anyway download this version and extract it to your desktop. Then open 

X:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

(x is your HD)

and open the extracted 7z archive and copy the entire contents to X:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

do not put the folder in, just the contents. when you are done skse64_loader.exe and SkyrimSE.exe will be together in the same folder content list

Make a shortcut from skse_loader.exe to your desktop and run from the shortcut.

Also: Make sure you have the current version of Skyrim64 update installed. You can check this on Steam. Normally, Steam automatically updates your game when you run the game from SkyrimSELauncher.exe

If you do this exactly as I describe here and this doesn't work I do not know what the problem is.

Edited by Cryzeteur