Gopher's Minions

Finally the Bethesda stream got somewhere. lol

Caloss2

This is the Fallout 4 expansion that was leaked some months back. It is supposed to be a continuation of what happens in Fallout 4 but not a DLC. A new game in the same world. At least that is the rumor. Apparently Bethesda tweaked the engine and the result is better than Fallout 4. As I understand it the tweaks are why it is a new game and not a DLC... the new game could not be added to the old engine.

I have no idea how they accomplished this or why they did this the way they did it. Rumored to be free online multiplayer for hand held devices.

I know the project idea was to recreate Fallout III in a modern engine. That of course would have been as much work as making a new game.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Cool, I wonder if Bethesda will have learned their lessons from Fallout 4.

The engine tweaks interest me, but I wonder if that means we'll need a new Creation Kit and won't be able to mod out of the gate with the old one...

Still, as a longtime Fallout fan this makes me happy :)

Not just multiplayer, but focused on building. The settlement system wasn't very fleshed out in Fallout 4. It seemed more like just a tacked on feature.

Enemies could spawn inside the walls, for crying out loud. Not much thought went into it, so yeah. Don't have high expectations for Fallout 76, or any BGS game for that matter.

Edited by Arrogant

Its a survival-builder-rpg like Rust or DayZ, or possibly the Forest.
It has single player missions and multiplayer evolving world from what we know, so could be like the Forests single vs online modes, we don't know.
Not an MMO, will have quests.

21 hours ago, OutandBack said:

HaHa No it's not. Stop trying to get everyone spun up with everything we don't want in a Falout Game.

No, really it is!  Several Vbloggers and game reporters have stated this  (At least that's what the indications are)  Really won't know until it's announced.

7 hours ago, Flyddon said:

No, really it is!  Several Vbloggers and game reporters have stated this  (At least that's what the indications are)  Really won't know until it's announced.

The most powerful leak is the one from 6 months ago that said new game Vault 76 would be an online Fallout.
Long before anyone had a clue.

So, found this on another forum.  It's from a leak that posted on 4chan of all places but who knows, might be legit. :P

Person that posted it also made a screen shoot of the main points from the leak.

Here is the link to MRX that grabbed it before it was deleted from 4chan.

And here is the screeny:

t0ZNvGy.png

One thing that stands out if this is true.  NO external mods ?? Isn't that always been Bethseda's mainsaver, mod community sorting out the hundreds of bugs Beth's to lazy to do themselfs ?! :P

Edited by Beuwolf

Yeah I saw the video.
Could be someone copied the username to troll people, although it actually makes sense that an online game would not be externally modable.
Mods are Bethesda's Bred and Butter and no matter what experiments they try, it would be financial suicide for them to not allow free modding in their main titles like ES6 and Starfield.
Especially given how buggy their games are and continue to be despite how easily modders can fix most bugs.
I remain cautiously optimistic, we just have to wait for E3. They have certainly made their presentation a must-watch anyway.

4 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

So, found this on another forum.  It's from a leak that posted on 4chan of all places but who knows, might be legit. :P

Person that posted it also made a screen shoot of the main points from the leak.

Here is the link to MRX that grabbed it before it was deleted from 4chan.

One thing that stands out if this is true.  NO external mods ?? Isn't that always been Bethseda's mainsaver, mod community sorting out the hundreds of bugs Beth's to lazy to do themselfs ?! :P

I am not surprised. Mods in even limited multiplayer, would not work out. It would give some players advantages over other players. I expected monetized gear and other items. After all it is free to play. It doesn't bother me to have monetized items. They will extract $80 from most players. More from some, less from others. In the long term it should be more profitable.

I am not surprised Bethesda does not want the comparison to Rust. It is definitely not like Rust.

The only thing new here that I was worried about is they are saying it is open world which I was worried about. A world with a highway through it is a lot different from a highway with a build strip along it. Also this coop thing makes me wonder if different parties are assigned different world spaces or your individual worlds are managed in information stored on each players own computer or on their accounts?

It sounds like shared accounts with a certain number of players in each instance, a bit like instances in FFO and ESO. I am expecting something similar in Cyberpunk 2077 for the limited multiplayer in the contact zones. There are still many questions about how players will interact.

It also sounds like this is the major release that was to precede ES6 and ES6 is being announced at E3. This is exactly what I was expecting.

ES6 I am expecting a very large map with daedric and aedric realms we have not seen. New time period. New guilds. New NPCs. There is a rumor of time travel, undersea cities and more. Has anyone wondered what happened to the dwarves? Maybe you should ask a Moth.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Well it's all fun and games until someone takes your free mods away!:angry:

I don't really care for MMO's or On-line games in general, dealing with the on-line gamer's (most of the time) is like being a customer service rep at Wal-Mart.  I had played Dayz for about a month, I did love player Battlefield 1942 and BF 2...  That was until the German websites started selling BF hacks for 99 cents.

I know Business is Business and "You got to make the money", but just like the BF franchise, I for one will just walk away if this is the direction Fall Out takes.   But we won't know until it's released and this time I won't be Pre-purchasing anything until there are a couple of reviews.  Here's hoping it's a good game with no PvP and micro-transactions.