Chibihelghast

Insanity

1,793 posts in this topic

There are a lot of insane people here on this forum. So this is a thread devoted to us. I'll start this with a statement; Albert Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Ponder this statement and talk about it below. Anyone is welcome here especially [uSER=148]@Sicarius001[/uSER] and [uSER=649]@Aj-M1A2X[/uSER].

Also be warned I myself am insane and won't hesitate to shake any kind of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquaticcraniate animals that lack limbs with digits (Fish) at anyone.

Insanity isn't really all that bad, I mean, Tesla talked to pigeons true, but he still managed to invent death rays and make earthquakes while speaking fluently in like 8 or so languages, not to mention that whole electricity thing.

Currently I only talking to pigeons, but I'll get to the other stuff later, I promise. I just need to master this skill called "Insanity" first.

Aj-M1A2X likes this

Speaking of birds, hows the whole eagle eating liver thing going for you [uSER=105]@Prometheus[/uSER]?

Eh, could be better, I've gotten used to it, eagles aren't bad conversationalists if you get to know them, and they're fast at delivering pizza, even on mountain tops. It's a pretty good deal IMO, eagle eats my liver, gets a free lunch, and I get to hear all the juicy gossip that goes on in Olympus, you won't believe the number of times that douche Zeus has cheated on his wife... and they say Hades is the bad guy. Eagle's a pretty swell dude though, just doing his job, trying to raise his young chicks and all, he showed me pictures the other day.

Alright that ends todays session. Tomorrow there will be a new thing to think about and maybe we can talk about that instead of fish and birds, but today was productive in its own way.

Sorry to break the insanity for a moment, but for the sake of making people that much smarter that quote is possibly referring to particle physics experiments. Since a lot of quantum and particle calculations work off the probability of a result occurring (and not being able to know more than a few things about any one particle), it is possible, and expected, to run an experiment exactly the same and get different results. The more times you run the experiment and see each result, the more accurately you can say the probability of each result is (so if you ran it 1000 times and got a result 400 times, you could say that result had a 40% chance of occurring). There. You have learnt something for the day. I hope you understood it :)

Now don your quackling dorito helm, we're going sparrow fishing!!!

Aj-M1A2X likes this

So if I repeat to do the experiment 1000 times I should get something between 384 and 416? Assuming im going with 1σ?