Gopher's Minions
Valdrrak

Sudden Skyrim Crashing, Works fine with exsiting character but not new?

Hello all I am just looking for some help trying to find out why I am crashing exactly the same time every time with my new character.

Basically I was trying to achieve having 1 load order for 2 characters (a WW Nord Dragonborn and a Dark Elf Necromancer) so my load order does incorporate mods that would favor both such as new spells, WW addons and undeath and other necro stuff.

For the most part this worked fine, my nord has about 15hours of play time and besides a early mod that I got rid off that was causing crashes, it has been crash free, however now when I start a new character to start my Darkelf it is doing its MCM thing and loading all the menus and loading all the mods at the top left so I just let it go however it always gets to the exact same point in the messages where it just CTD, I have tried 3 new characters as well as rushing the alt start thing (choosing new life) and it still does it in the same about of time, Its about 1m20sec from after the racemenu.

I have uploaded my load order if anyone can see anything glaring

Thanks all.

LoadOrder_SkyrimSE_2018-05-23T18-13-08.txt

5 hours ago, Valdrrak said:

1  crashing exactly the same time every time with my new character.

2. undeath and other necro stuff.

3. besides a early mod that I got rid off that was causing crashes

4. now when I start a new character ... where it just CTD,  I have tried 3 new characters as well as rushing the alt start thing (choosing new life) and it still does it in the same about of time, Its about 1m20sec from after the racemenu.

5. I have uploaded my load order if anyone can see anything glaring

1.  I have almost exactly the same mods

2.  I am not running necro and undeath

3. The early mod that was causing problems is likely your current problem.

4. I have had some issues starting new characters.

5. Because you were playing with this load order your load order is not the problem and mod compatibility is not the problem.

I suspect the early mod you deleted left behind something that either stabilized the first game and is still in your DATA file. It may have changed something or just remains active and is causing either data corruption or incompatibility. When I had this happen to me I had to uninstall all my mods, delete the contents of the DATA folder, remove extra files in the game folder (In other words return to a vanilla game), then reinstall everything. I also removed a few mods that I did not need.

My game now plays fine but has an odd harmless hiccup on saving that comes from something in my save game. I tolerate the hiccup because I don't want to design a new character.

Hey thanks for the response, the mod I deleted was called Master Trainer it just allowed you to tame mobs and it didnt start crashing until I tamed my first wolf and wandered around with it but tbh I am not even sure it was causing any crashes I just didnt take a risk.

Its very weird and I think I maybe have solved it I think it was one of the various quest mods I had installed when I started a new character, after I disabled all of them I made my character and it all worked fine then I just re enabled them and so far its good except the ocasianal crash when wondering, and I have no idea what could be causing that.. too many mods D:

5 hours ago, Valdrrak said:

Hey thanks for the response, the mod I deleted was called Master Trainer it just allowed you to tame mobs and it didnt start crashing until I tamed my first wolf and wandered around with it but tbh I am not even sure it was causing any crashes I just didnt take a risk.

Its very weird and I think I maybe have solved it I think it was one of the various quest mods I had installed when I started a new character, after I disabled all of them I made my character and it all worked fine then I just re enabled them and so far its good except the ocasianal crash when wondering, and I have no idea what could be causing that.. too many mods D:

Too many mods does not usually cause a problem because most of them overlay stuff already in the game and during a quest the decision points do not generally put much strain on the engine. Most CTD and other weird behavior is usually caused by either data corruption, bad programming, or incompatibility.

Data corruption is what makes save files unusable or flakey and causes weird unpredictable behavior because bad data generally causes further corruption.

Nothing you can do about bad programming except not use a mod or tolerate some annoyance. That is, without rewriting the programming. I do rewrite some mods with TESEdit when I really want something.

Program incompatibility often happens when Windows gets an update and it messes up other functions. System problems are a common reason a program goes from fine to CTD suddenly. 

You can't predict what mod incompatibility will do. Things just go bad. Load order sometimes helps.

Edited by Cryzeteur