Gopher's Minions
Sign in to follow this  
Yor

Update 6 - DPS

Hey guys,

I recently testet alot on ESO PTS server and I wanted to share my generell findings about DPS'ing in Update 6.

Now, the following is not set in stone and it is just my opionion. So don't take the followong as a fact. You might even throw a post, if you think it is different.

I tested alot with stamina DPS build, since I know them better, then magicka ones. The classes I picked were the Sorcerer, because I got one at VR14, and the DragonKnight, because I thought he might be better in stamina DPS then the sorc.

To get the generell things out of the way:

In order to do big amounts of damage you need to

• weave attacks (do a standard (light or heavy) attack and cancle the anmiation with a skill)
  • use good DOT's

With that said, the choise of weapon matters, or does it?

I found out, that melee weapons do more damage, then distance ones. Which is fair by me, because melee are in the middle of the fight, while distant fighters get not hit that hard/often. So they should get a benefit for doing so.

For melee the weapons that did the most damage were two handed and dual wield. The biggest difference between those two are two handed has a big damage buff and a gab closer, while dual wield has an in build finisher. In terms of damage output, they are nearly the same.

The bow is a distant weapon and therefore does not a much damage as the weapon types above. But you got a good DOT (with an interrupt, depending on the morph choise) and a in generell good DPS skill.

Weapon and Shield does a little damage, but it is more for a tank rather then a DPS char.

Staffs I have tested a tiny bit, but I wasn't able to get them as high as my melee stamina weapons. So I didn't bother spending that much time in the search of finding a good build.

The class choise is really important.

Depending on the class you getting different skills, which you need to use in different ways to make them work. So it depents on your playstyle, what you should pick.

Funnyly, the Sorc, which is said to be a bad idea for stamina builds, did pretty well. I like on my sorc, that she has the skill "surge" (which was nerved, but it is still good imho), good DOT's, good defensive skills and, man, I do like the looks of the stamina "bound armor" morph. She doesn't have an insta heal, but she has good HOT with surge.

The DragonKnight I tested as well. Compared to the sorc he can deal quite a bit more damage and has a nice self heal. But he needs the self heal, because he doesn't have the crit surge with its HOT like the sorc does.

So in generell I found, that some classes are better/easier for certain tasks, but if you do it correctly, the result differs in only a small amount.

In the end, I will post some of pics, which show the dps I did on a VR10 single target, solowing, with only 30 champion points in the ritual and the gear you get, when you use the PTS VR14 test template.

The DPS shown in the pictures are the ones I usually get. They are neither the maximum nor the mininum with the soul exception of the bow.

With the bow I ususally got into the 5k damage. In the picture the top amount is shown.

Stamina Bow Sorc

Update6_DPS_Sorceress_Stamina_Bow.jpg

Stamina Two Handed Sorc

Update6_DPS_Sorceress_Stamina_Two_Handed.jpg

Stamina Dual Wield Sorc

Update6_DPS_Sorceress_Stamina_Dual_Wield.jpg

Stamina Dual Wield DK

Update6_DPS_Dragon_Kight_Stamina_Dual_Wield.jpg

So, what do you think about Update 6 and its DPS. Post your test results or opinions below!

It's crap, broken, and more grindy.

My finding, current VR14 characters will be quite noticeably weaker because ZeniMax nerfed us to make room for the CP system. Yay! We get to work/grind for something we already had!

It's different, adventures and fun.

My VR14 sorceress will be much more fun to play now. Although I have to drop her healing abilities, she might get a bit more tanky.

Also, grinding for CP is a waste of time in my opinion. The later CP just give you a few more percent, which you don't really need, but you will also get them eventually by enjoying the game.

As someone said "the way is the goal".

I enjoy the fact that there is more to do and discover. Even after VR14.

But this thread is supposed to be about DPS in update 6. So please stay on topic.

It's different, adventures and fun.

My VR14 sorceress will be much more fun to play now. Although I have to drop her healing abilities, she might get a bit more tanky.

Also, grinding for CP is a waste of time in my opinion. The later CP just give you a few more percent, which you don't really need, but you will also get them eventually by enjoying the game.

As someone said "the way is the goal".

I enjoy the fact that there is more to do and discover. Even after VR14.

But this thread is supposed to be about DPS in update 6. So please stay on topic.

No new content was added with 1.6, so there is nothing new to explore. To get CP you need todo stuff that earns you EXP, so killing, questing, and what not. Also, 3600CP is crazy powerful, and if you compared no CP to 3600CP on the PTS you would see how much of a difference 25% makes.

So the new justice system is nothing? Thiefing and murdering? New animations? Revamped provisioning? The new collection system?

It's crap, broken, and more grindy.

My finding, current VR14 characters will be quite noticeably weaker because ZeniMax nerfed us to make room for the CP system. Yay! We get to work/grind for something we already had!

I thought the same for a while, but after some testing today, my main doesn't feel much weaker to be honest. I got 14.3k singletarget DPS on my DK, and that with only 70 champion points and all attributes into health (since its my tank): rm03fr.jpg

I have yet to test everything in trials and DSA though... they will be pretty tough now due to the overall harder hitting mobs and bosses I think.

I thought the same for a while, but after some testing today, my main doesn't feel much weaker to be honest. I got 14.3k singletarget DPS on my DK, and that with only 70 champion points and all attributes into health (since its my tank): rm03fr.jpg

I have yet to test everything in trials and DSA though... they will be pretty tough now due to the overall harder hitting mobs and bosses I think.

Yeah, it seems in 1.6.5 they mostly un-nerfed us. On PTS(1.6.4 and below) I was a lot weaker than I am on 1.6.5.