Gopher's Minions
Elhanan

Freeze Screen in SSE

FYI - I have somewhere between 20 - 25 mods, and am currently hitting this Freeze bug repeatedly at the entrance to Sunderstone Gorge. I have been over this way before w/o issues, but was finally assigned this quest, and now every time I close to the guarded entrance, the game freezes; worse, it occasionally does not allow access to the mouse curser for Alt. Ctrl/ Del functionality.

I am in late game (ca. 61st lvl), have completed all the Main quests including Dragonborn and Dawnguard, and am in my first SSE campaign. LOOT has been utilized, so Load Order should not be an issue. As I am nearing the end of my campaign, I do not plan to hunt down mods that may or may not be the cause, but wanted Gopher and other players to be aware of this game breaking bug, at least for my sessions.

I just did the Sunderstone Gorge quest to retrieve the stone of Baranziah with no problems in SkyrimSE running about 250 mods. You should not be having a problem. It is possible a corrupted SAVE file or something wrong with system, program, or mods...

Unfortunately, the longer you play a game the more likely you will get file corruption. This is a problem in all computer games.

8 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I just did the Sunderstone Gorge quest to retrieve the stone of Baranziah with no problems in SkyrimSE running about 250 mods. You should not be having a problem. It is possible a corrupted SAVE file or something wrong with system, program, or mods...

Unfortunately, the longer you play a game the more likely you will get file corruption. This is a problem in all computer games.

do you have xpmse installed?

ever since I reinstalled the game without that mod things seem to be running far better for me.

9 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Yes I install it (XP32 XPMSE) through FINIS.

I just couldn't get it to work after the latest update.  with earlier versions the game was occasionally crashing and freezing, after the update any save file made with it installed stopped working all together. 

I haven't been having any crashes and freezes so far since I started a new game without it.  

4 hours ago, Morrandir said:

I just couldn't get it to work after the latest update.  with earlier versions the game was occasionally crashing and freezing, after the update any save file made with it installed stopped working all together. 

I haven't been having any crashes and freezes so far since I started a new game without it.  

Curious... Anyway I have to have a vanilla game to make mods so I set up a vanilla profile and switched all my plugins to mods so that the profile theoretically can switch between vanilla and my thief game. It took all day to do this so I haven't tested it yet, but it is ready to go.

I am going to have some dinner and try it out. Hopefully the new installs are all copasetic.