Gopher's Minions

E3 2018

Cryzeteur

• 3 weeks later...

Come on E3 I am so jonesing for a new game to play.

There are rumors on the web about Bethesda and 5-14   Gamespot has a video out about it. Maybe Rage 2 (man would that not be totally awesome, Yes I said awesome, haha)

Anyone have a guess what that is about?

20 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Come on E3 I am so jonesing for a new game to play.

There are rumors on the web about Bethesda and 5-14   Gamespot has a video out about it. Maybe Rage 2 (man would that not be totally awesome, Yes I said awesome, haha)

Anyone have a guess what that is about?

Well, Bethesda does have a new RPG coming out. No one knows what it is. All the guesses are Starfield. The info I have seen says, No. Not, Starfield.

So I will go along with Rage 2... why not.  Unless you want to speculate about Elder Scrolls.

There is pretty good evidence for an extension of Prey as well. Is it a new game or just a DLC?

Edited by Cryzeteur

Just some more details for forum members wanting to watch E3.

Save the Date | June 10th | 6:30pm PT | Los Angeles, California

Public registration for Bethesda’s E3 Showcase is now closed.

Thank you to everyone who registered for a chance to attend our E3 Showcase. Don’t forget to add [email protected] to your email contacts and keep an eye out for your invite! If you are not selected, any updates on standby opportunities will be available via @bethesda on Twitter.

Won’t be in LA? Tune into our livestream airing on Twitch.TV/Bethesda and Youtube.com/BethesdaSoftworks starting at 6:30PM PT the day of the event.

2 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

it would be better to just leave it to ID to do their work

the setting is too close to Fallout - no need to make such a strange clone, or hybrid, or whatever ...

ID was probably swamped with DOOM. RAGE 2 is probably not a thing, just a dream. So what do you think it is Arjy Yu?

There's the "'Fall out' of the chair" rumor, and considering the 10th anniversary of Fallout 3, might be a thing... who knows.

Rage 2 and prey DLC are most likely confirmed, but that wont be all of it... there has to be something big for BGS as well or they're going to lose fans :/

What if Starfield was just a mysterious name just to keep people focused on it while they were making something different? :p 

2 hours ago, Sebngarde said:

There's the "'Fall out' of the chair" rumor, and considering the 10th anniversary of Fallout 3, might be a thing... who knows.

Rage 2 and prey DLC are most likely confirmed, but that wont be all of it... there has to be something big for BGS as well or they're going to lose fans :/

What if Starfield was just a mysterious name just to keep people focused on it while they were making something different? :p 

Because of what happened last year, with a star-field as the Bethesda stage background, I think it was planned but withdrawn. There is a possibility that they wanted to rework it, but there is also the possibility that we will never see it. I think they had a star exploration RPG on their wish list, but space games are not doing very well right now... i.e. No Man's Sky, etc.

Bethesda is keeping so quiet that really no one knows what they will do. They have an RPG to release, but what is it?

Edited by Cryzeteur

it be an interesting E3 for sure.  CDPR with, hopefully, Cyberpunk 2077.  Then, for me, Square Enix with some news, maybe a new Deus Ex or even a remake of the Original with a better engine and added content.  But that's all wishful thinking on my part. :P

On another note, what game is he playing when he talking about the Bethesda rumours above ??

Edited by Beuwolf

13 hours ago, OutandBack said:

So what do you think it is Arjy Yu?

well, mr. Wolfclaw on Discord have (almost) convinced me that Rage 2 will be announced *prior* to E3 - on may 14th (so, this will become clear very soon)

this leaves the question of the biggest Beth's E3 announcement open ...

unfortunately, i do not follow gaming news thorough enough to have a solid opinion or even guess

i can only say that i wish for new TES game the most, but Starfield would be nice too - if what i read about it is close enough to reality

13 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

it be an interesting E3 for sure.  CDPR with, hopefully, Cyberpunk 2077.  Then, for me, Square Enix with some news, maybe a new Deus Ex or even a remake of the Original with a better engine and added content.  But that's all wishful thinking on my part. :P

On another note, what game is he playing when he talking about the Bethesda rumours above ??

The background game is a heavily modded Fallout 4.

6 hours ago, Arjy Yu said:

well, mr. Wolfclaw on Discord have (almost) convinced me that Rage 2 will be announced *prior* to E3 - on may 14th (so, this will become clear very soon)

this leaves the question of the biggest Beth's E3 announcement open ...

unfortunately, i do not follow gaming news thorough enough to have a solid opinion or even guess

i can only say that i wish for new TES game the most, but Starfield would be nice too - if what i read about it is close enough to reality

So little is actually known. I have not found any information on Bethesda that is sufficiently reliable to guess what their RPG is. The information on Starfield is contradictory and confusing. The information on their next Elder Scrolls game is even more confusing.

The teases seem pretty conclusive that they will release some news about Rage 2 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Arjy Yu said:

anyway, if they will not announce anything about open-world rpg this year - i will be extremely disappointed

Yes. I expect them to say something about the new open world RPG at E3. Holding my breath for the next two months... expect to be pretty blue by then... :)

nhttp://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/15/bethesda-says-two-upcoming-games-are-as-big-as-skyrim-and-fallout

The funny thing about these new teasers is that they generally rely on things said two or more years ago.

Yes. They are working of three major new games that are not DLCs and the third of these three is Elder Scrolls 6.

The info I have is that the game to be released at E3 2018 is neither Starfield nor ES6, but something new. I do not know how reliable this information is. But that is what I was told. Apparently the new game is a high end AAA RPG. I was told it is a bit similar to Skyrim set in the modern day. It was suggested that it is in competition with CDPRs Cyberpunk 2077. Curiously the two fellows talking about this got into an argument as to whether it was cyberpunk or post-apocalyptic. I did not catch or do not remember, everything they were talking about. They seemed to have first hand information but I did not write down their names and don't remember what they said they had to do with the game. I hope this info is not something Bethesda feels protective over. It is consistent with info Bethesda has already released.

But I emphasize that this is just rumor from unverified leaks.

BTW, I did hear that they are definitely releasing a major Prey DLC and a SkyrimSE DLC (probably VR).

Edited by Cryzeteur

I have started a unverified rumor, That at E3 Valve will announce Half Life 3 is a WIP.  All the proof is there:

Half Life =  8 characters   (this is is 2018)

This is for E3   (Half Life 3 )

On September 29th, 2013, Valve filed a trademark request for the name "Half-Life 3" with the European Union.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

58 minutes ago, Flyddon said:

I have started a unverified rumor, That at E3 Valve will announce Half Life 3 is a WIP.  All the proof is there:

Half Life =  8 characters   (this is is 2018)

This is for E3   (Half Life 3 )

On September 29th, 2013, Valve filed a trademark request for the name "Half-Life 3" with the European Union.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

Exactly. Rumors are like that. Based on something but maybe based on nothing.