Gopher's Minions
Eliorim

Lurk mode OFF (after 6 years! O_o )

Hello Gopher! Hi all!

I’ve been lurking in the minionhood for a long time (6 years). I tuned in to Gopher’s channel at the time of the earliest Skyrim Mod Sanctuaries, and Stiv. The role-playing, the storytelling and the humour has kept me pinned to this day. Gopher himself may actually remember me giving him pointers on how to EQ his audio when he splurged on a non-chat-headset mic that naturally had heavy low frequency response. It was during a Stiv chapter, can’t remember which. We communicated via YouTube’s PM system back when there actually was one (the days of YouTube yore). He thanked me on a video intro (Whoa! Squealing like a schoolgirl here, man! <_<). Glad I could help.

Gopher’s let’s plays (and YouTube videos in general) were at the time the only way for me to experience the art of games and gaming since I didn’t have the funds for a PC decent enough to run a modern game. For that I am eternally grateful. It was a really dark time in my life. At such times you tend to instantly gravitate to any light that you can see. Gopher’s brand of entertainment is one such light.

It was really inspiring to observe his path. When he still had a day-job and was balancing his family life in three directions, I was (we all were) rooting for him to succeed in his venture and dedicate himself to this full time. I am glad he achieved this goal. I will be happy to support him in the future in any way I can.

Anyway, gang, I feel like I know you all, you beautiful people. It’s such a positive community and I feel proud to be a part of it.

I have since somewhat upgraded my system and it will run older games. I haven’t had the time to play though. I still don’t but the urge is overwhelming. I will be looking for modding advice on the other forums, starting with The Witcher: Enhanced edition.

See you around. gopherVaultStiv

Well, I’ll see YOU. I’m still not fully out of lurk mode, pardonne-moi.

Short-list o’facts:
Favourite game(z): …anything Gopher's already played, TES Oblivion, Fallout 1&2, Deus EX, Thief Deadly Shadows, Sid Meier’s Pirates,  also some Amiga games like The Settlers (Serf city in the U.S.), Sensible World of Soccer (many-a-joystick perished), Benefactor (check the avatar), Monkey Island series, Syndicate, Cannon Fodder, Dreamweb...
I’m a musician. Instrument of choice: guitar.
I love listening to game soundtracks. Music in games is often what I need for a good gaming experience.
Favourite game soundtracks: Jeremy Soule’s Skyrim score. The Witcher soundtracks.
Favourite OST tracks:
- Jeremy Soule - The Streets of Whiterun (I listen to this before meditation)
- Piotr Musial - The Slopes of the Blessure (never fails to draw a tear...)
I shed a tear when the Witcher playthroughs ended. Thank you, Gopher, for a beautiful ride.

Welcome Eliorim

Old time moder here, I began moding Morrowind in 2001. I read your explanation on extending dialogue in around 2014. I also remember Gopher having that trouble with his mic.

So welcome. :)

Traditional welcome: Have a cookie. Duck if you see something diving at you from above with a flame thrower. It might be flying rats, mice, cats, monkeys, or Quarico... :D

I think the reason we all are here is because we like Gopher's personality. And the people attracted here ... for unknown magical reasons ... are all much nicer than the average run of the mill web rat. Many lurkers ... that keep dropping out of the trees... Come on in, join the fun...

Welcome to team Gopher! Discussions on this forum will take as much time as Gopher on the point of finishing a Let's plays.

That is a pro rather than a con unless Gopher is secretly Dr. Claw, whom never shows his face.