Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

Elex...Anyone playing?

Yes. I have played 16 hours. It is a fun game. It reminds me of Enderal.

All the initial problems had been corrected when I started playing and I have had no problems with any of the mechanics.

The combat is similar to Skyrim so the only people who criticize it are also critical of Skyrim.

I am only playing on normal difficulty and this game is pretty dam brutal. Not Dark Souls insanity but Skyrim Legendary x5 at normal difficulty.

At lvl 14 i can one shot normal mice (for food)and 3 shot the bigger mutated rats. It take about 40 shots from a plazma rifle to kill a mutane. Forget any of the big asss monsters. It's kind of funny here we have this big tough guy (your character) a very high ranking Alb commander (Alb's are the toughest faction in the game) spending the first 30 hours of game play running from any fight. Thank god kiting is a strategy that is allowed in this game or I would have no action, haha

So far I love the open world it is very beautiful, combat is only OK it needs a lot of work to equal Skyrim. There is no hand holding like Skyrim you can walk right into lvl 40 bad guys/monsters and get one shotted in no time.

All in all I am enjoying it. It is faction deciding time and being a lonewolf kind of player I don't really like any of the factions. But I think you have to pick one to get to end of the game.  Since the game is only 3rd person with 3 distances(over the shoulder to tiny little man) to me it feels like a FarCry or TombRaider game but with a much bigger truely open world game board.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

I am only playing on normal difficulty and this game is pretty dam brutal. Not Dark Souls insanity but Skyrim Legendary x5 at normal difficulty.

At lvl 14 i can one shot normal mice (for food)and 3 shot the bigger mutated rats. It take about 40 shots from a plazma rifle to kill a mutane. Forget any of the big asss monsters. It's kind of funny here we have this big tough guy (your character) a very high ranking Alb commander (Alb's are the toughest faction in the game) spending the first 30 hours of game play running from any fight. Thank god kiting is a strategy that is allowed in this game or I would have no action, haha

So far I love the open world it is very beautiful, combat is only OK it needs a lot of work to equal Skyrim. There is no hand holding like Skyrim you can walk right into lvl 40 bad guys/monsters and get one shotted in no time.

All in all I am enjoying it. It is faction deciding time and being a lonewolf kind of player I don't really like any of the factions. But I think you have to pick one to get to end of the game.  Since the game is only 3rd person with 3 distances(over the shoulder to tiny little man) to me it feels like a FarCry or TombRaider game but with a much bigger truely open world game board.

Yes. It is a game where you spend a lot of time creeping around and running away. But I have been all over the map and you can get just about anywhere without getting killed if you are very, very, careful. I am currently in East Edan at the Temple of Calaan  trying to figure out if I would rather be a cleric or a beserker. The outlaws seem like Raiders in Fallout 4 and I really would prefer to not be like that. I usually lean toward magic user classes but the clerics are almost too weird to join. I may go back to beserkers ... they seem most normal.

Even at half your level I am feeling the pressure to join a faction.

I never tried FarCry but you are right it does feel a bit like Tomb Raider. The map itself feels about as big as Witcher 3 with all the expansions. I have hit the edge of the map in all directions except north. It is not exactly an open world map. You can only transition between areas in certain places. This is similar to ESO.

Edited by Cryzeteur

@Cryzeteur  How is your game going. I ended up joining a faction at lvl20 I'm lvl29 now and have 80 hours in the game and just hit Chapter 2. HaHa I didn't even know this game had chapters. I wonder if there is a chapter 3?

By lvl 20 I pretty much ran out of general quests for the factions only having a few I did not want to complete. The Bezerkers really pissed me off and I ended up killing one of their leaders. They did not like that much, haha I can buy my way back in for 2000 shards. Right like that is going to happen.

All in all I am pretty happy this game has held my attention for so long.

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

I stopped playing to play Forest and Skyrim SE, so I am still at 16 hours.

I noticed that ELEX is on half-price sale on Steam through Friday.

I bought it on sale for 22bucks last week from Steam. I'm have a good time with this game. I don't know if i will replay using the other factions. The first 15 lvls are pretty brutel.

6 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I bought it on sale for 22bucks last week from Steam. I'm have a good time with this game. I don't know if i will replay using the other factions. The first 15 lvls are pretty brutel.

I didn't think  they were too bad. But I am playing stealth and avoiding all the battles I am able to. I haven't chosen a faction yet but everyone is pressuring me to join them. I really don't like any of them. I planned on playing magic user,., but priest is not the same thing. 

24 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

I didn't think  they were too bad. But I am playing stealth and avoiding all the battles I am able to. I haven't chosen a faction yet but everyone is pressuring me to join them. I really don't like any of them. I planned on playing magic user,., but priest is not the same thing. 

HaHa yes I know what you mean. That is why it took me to lvl 20 and running out of quests before I picked a faction.

I am not religious in real life and take issues with Southern preachers and wouldn't you know it the Cleric preachers all have a southern accents.

The Beserkerleadership are just dicks. Did you pass their tests? I didn't. If you want to do magic they are your only option. Be ready to kiss asss and follow their laws to the letter. Loyalty to leadership is no excuse for breaking one of their stupid laws. No guns no technology. Arrows and magic.

Then we have the outlaws. Maybe its from holding a secret clearance for 38 years but I just can't lie or play a bad (outlaw) character for very long without it just feeling fake.

I really like the plasma weapons in this game so that means fake the faith thing to get the good guns and armor.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

HaHa yes I know what you mean. That is why it took me to lvl 20 and running out of quests before I picked a faction.

I am not religious in real life and take issues with Southern preachers and wouldn't you know it the Cleric preachers all have a southern accents.

The Beserkerleadership are just dicks. Did you pass their tests? I didn't. If you want to do magic they are your only option. Be ready to kiss asss and follow their laws to the letter. Loyalty to leadership is no excuse for breaking one of their stupid laws. No guns no technology. Arrows and magic.

Then we have the outlaws. Maybe its from holding a secret clearance for 38 years but I just can't lie or play a bad (outlaw) character for very long without it just feeling fake.

I really like the plasma weapons in this game so that means fake the faith thing to get the good guns and armor.

I was above top secret for two years and I feel the same way. Secret for 15. But I was in the field for a few months so role playing is easy.

And I am buttering up Clerics because I like hardware.

Edited by Cryzeteur