Gopher's Minions

SKYRIM - Special Edition #8 : I don't know what that is, but I need it.

If there was a Witherun Gazette the headline would be:

Robbery Epidemic during the Night.

Several well respected shops in the town has during the night been thoroughly rubbed during the night.  We strongly recommend that you hire watchmen to be in your shops during the night to prevent further raids from this band of thiefs !

And on a more curious note, anyone know which mod is it that has placed all those Paintings, Jewellery and "Fancy" looking Cutlery/Statuettes around Skyrim for Leonard to steal ?? :P

6 minutes ago, Beuwolf said:

If there was a Witherun Gazette the headline would be:

Robbery Epidemic during the Night.

Several well respected shops in the town has during the night been thoroughly rubbed during the night.  We strongly recommend that you hire watchmen to be in your shops during the night to prevent further raids from this band of thiefs !

And on a more curious note, anyone know which mod is it that has placed all those Paintings, Jewellery and "Fancy" looking Cutlery/Statuettes around Skyrim for Leonard to steal ?? :P

Skyrim's Unique Treasures

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5261

is where all the beautiful statuettes comes from

... I'm not sure about the paintings.

I feel like he would break less lockpicks if he spent more time paying attention during the picking and less time complaining about the mechanic. :P

I never even bother taking any perks in the Lockpick tree when I play Skyrim because it's just so easy to do. I've only broken 1 pick so far I think in my current playthrough, and that's with having picked several apprentice locks and a couple of experts.

2 hours ago, Sup3rNo7a said:

I feel like he would break less lockpicks if he spent more time paying attention during the picking and less time complaining about the mechanic. :P

I never even bother taking any perks in the Lockpick tree when I play Skyrim because it's just so easy to do. I've only broken 1 pick so far I think in my current playthrough, and that's with having picked several apprentice locks and a couple of experts.

This is true but I always break a lot of picks on Master locks.

Aye, Master locks are tough (as they should be), but at least they're doable, even without any Lockpick skill investment.

I did always understand Gopher's dislike of having to do the minigame mechanic for hacking/lockpicking in Fallout 4 because not only did you need enough perks to even attempt it, but you also needed to play the minigame on top of that. In Skyrim, you can attempt to pick any lock at any time, even if you somehow gave yourself 0 points (instead of the base 15, I think) in lockpicking, it would just be more difficult.

Unless there's a mod that also applies a perk investment requirement to pick locks like in Fallout, the only way to avoid the minigame that I'm aware of is to use a mod that just makes it easy (no need to fiddle with angle of the pick, just turn it and it's unlocked), but at that point you might as well install a mod that just unlocks every door/chest in the game by default, or gives you a master key or something that instantly opens every lock in the game.