Gopher's Minions

SKYRIM - Special Edition #7 : Is a torch really too much to ask for?

23 minutes ago, Revolvr said:

Well happy happy joy joy - Steam just updated Skyrim SE and now SKSE doesn't work.

Guess I can't complain that Bethesda is still fixing things. Just didn't expect an update so soon since the last one was November 2017.

Disable auto-updates in Steam (make it so it's update only on launch), and any time you see that Steam wants to update Skyrim, go to the game folders and make a copy of the Skyrim.exe. That way you can re-apply the previous one to keep playing until SKSE64 updates.

Unfortunately, I had Steam setup "Do Not Update"... but it updated anyway when I tried to click out. And I did not realize what it was doing as it was also updating Fallout 4 and I was trying to play Forest.

This means everyone who did not have the old Skyrim.exe backed up has to wait for the SKSE update.   :(

(I had a saved copy but have no idea whether it is still on my system or got deleted when I put in a new hard drive. Don't feel like looking. I have at least a full terabyte of data.)

Edited by Cryzeteur

There is a way to recover the previous executable from Steam. Info is in the Steam discussions. I think I'll just play something else for a day or so until SKSE64 is updated. But I have taken Sup3rNo7a's advise and copied the steam executable to another file for safekeeping. For next time, if it ever comes.

Back to Elite Dangerous for a few days. It was actually Gopher who turned me on to that game, way back in July 2016.

1 hour ago, Revolvr said:

Well happy happy joy joy - Steam just updated Skyrim SE and now SKSE doesn't work.

Guess I can't complain that Bethesda is still fixing things. Just didn't expect an update so soon since the last one was November 2017.

I've gotten 2 updates to Fallout 4 as well. The first one turned off all my mods and the games framerate dropped to 30.

14 hours ago, Revolvr said:

There is a way to recover the previous executable from Steam. Info is in the Steam discussions. I think I'll just play something else for a day or so until SKSE64 is updated. But I have taken Sup3rNo7a's advise and copied the steam executable to another file for safekeeping. For next time, if it ever comes.

Back to Elite Dangerous for a few days. It was actually Gopher who turned me on to that game, way back in July 2016.

Good idea. 

I actually found my backup files and activated them and still got the same message.... something wrong with the backups... :P

13 hours ago, Revolvr said:

SKSE64 has been updated! And it does work with the new executable.

I just went to http://skse.silverlock.org/ and SKSE64 runtime 1.5.23 (actually 1.5.39) is still the old build and will not work with the new update.

The new engine is looking for SKSE64 runtime 1.7.3.

Edited by Cryzeteur