Gopher's Minions

Gopher is using the new Nexus Mod Manager which is called Vortex.  It is still in Alpha state but works well with Skyrim though.  Other games are slowly being introduced to work with it as well.

12 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Gopher is using the new Nexus Mod Manager which is called Vortex.  It is still in Alpha state but works well with Skyrim though.  Other games are slowly being introduced to work with it as well.

It was first stabilized for Skyrim and now works so well with SkyrimSE that Gopher is using it for his Let's Play. I love Vortex. I have found ways to do everything I need with Vortex and it is a lot more stable and handles large files better than NMM. I used to use Mod Organizer and that is the one Gopher recommended several months back, but NMM was still the best manager for the novice and still is for all other games, such as Fallout 4. Vortex has a completely different way of handling installations and I think it will prove to be better than MO. Lots of people who have learned how to tweak games on MO are complaining because Vortex is very different, but I think they were be converted as the devs improve it.

i hope Gopher will continue his  Vortex videos with more in-depth ones

ive seen on other channel smth that looked like purging all mod traces from game folder - and re-deploying them afterwards

and id like to get an understanding of those operations

55 minutes ago, Arjy Yu said:

i hope Gopher will continue his  Vortex videos with more in-depth ones

ive seen on other channel smth that looked like purging all mod traces from game folder - and re-deploying them afterwards

and id like to get an understanding of those operations

The problem with both NMM and MO is that they do not always purge everything when you disable a mod. MO is better but there are changes made by some mods that MO cannot handle. As a result, the DATA folder contains stuff that is not in the Vanilla game. I always purge the DATA folder of all mod changes when I reinstall... In other words I delete most of the contents in the DATA folder that is not in Vanilla and then do a file validation on Steam to make sure I didn't delete the wrong thing. I also clean the SAVE folder and sometimes make some other changes. Another way to do this and one Gopher has recommended is to save a duplicate vanilla DATA folder before you start adding mods. You can then revert your game to vanilla just by deleting DATA completely changing the name of your backup to DATA and then making a new copy... or something similar. Then when you reinstall the mods you are installing on a clean slate and will have fewer unexplained problems.