Gopher's Minions
LoreAbidingCitizen

Star Citizen

1 hour ago, Majormarv said:

I would wait if you want a finished game. It still needs a lot of work in it's Alpha state. I am in the Star Citizen Guild "Apex Continuum".

yeah I was thinking that, or at least waiting until some more features crop up. I want to pick up the game package with the freelancer when I do? isit worth while spending more money on better game packages. I heard you will be able to purchase the ships with in game currency anyway?

3 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I really want to be a part of this world, note i did not say play this game. However I do not want to be part of its development. I want the full polished 1st time experience.

Yeah I cannot wait for the finished product, it it ever comes. But all of the gameplay and demonstrations of future features that I have seen look promising.

15 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

They are still working on the engine so I don't expect it is really worthwhile to get involved yet.

https://uploadvr.com/star-citizen-will-still-get-vr-support-chris-roberts-confirms/

Yeah i'm not surprised, they keep deciding to add/remove features and as the years go by in development I guess they are constantly having to update/complete the engine. I do feel like this could be a game that is in "alpha" for the rest of time. But I really want it.

2 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Yeah i'm not surprised, they keep deciding to add/remove features and as the years go by in development I guess they are constantly having to update/complete the engine. I do feel like this could be a game that is in "alpha" for the rest of time. But I really want it.

Apparently they are combining features in the engine and otherwise improving efficiency. That is something you do towards the end of development right before release. So hopefully that means a Beta release is in the works?