Gopher's Minions
Beuwolf

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

What's everyones thought about this game ??

untitled_346_by_dennisk4-d7393a5.gif

Also an interesting article here about the game and it's development.  Seem they have hired an historian to make it as accurate as possible but still being an enjoyable game. 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/2/16964080/kingdom-come-deliverance-history-rpg-ps4-xbox-pc

I be keeping an eye on this one and maybe if we lucky, @Gopher might even do a play through of it later on ? :P

Edit:  Forgot to mention that there is not a "holding hand" game.  Example if you using bow and arrow, you have to do a proper aiming yourself, there wont be a courser to guide you right. :P

Edited by Beuwolf

If Gopher starts playing it I will probably get it. Otherwise I am much to busy. Regardless, it looks like it would be interesting to play a medieval version of Witcher.

I suspect I will be kept busy with Beyond Skyrim... etc. etc.

And $60 is over my limit right now...

Edited by Cryzeteur

I hadn't even looked at the price to be honest.  Just find what I seen interesting and thought I share.  I hope Gopher be playing it, but if he not, pretty sure Cohh said he will.  I probably do as with ELEX, wait a while before buying it, all depending on how it looks and how the reviews are.  Might end up buying it sooner then I though if those are good. :o

3 hours ago, Flyddon said:

Wow  $60 USD    IDK   I had said my limit was $50 for games.

But it says :

Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Alcohol

Three of my favorite  things, I may have to go for it.

I had not seen those descriptions of the game.  Hmm I wont even venture a guess as to what your three favourites are out of those six though.  :P

A Beta first look is not a Let's Play.

I would like too know whether Gopher was sufficiently interested to do a new review of the released game.

After all this stream is two years old. The official release will be February 13, 2018. That's almost 2 weeks away.

Edited by Cryzeteur

I am really interested in this game. The combat looks very different, but apparently very historically accurate in terms of the movements and techniques. The world looks beautiful but I hope its attempt to be super realistic doesn't restrict it in terms of stuff to do for the player.

I'm going to wait for the full release and see what people have to say about it. I am more excited for Mount and Blade Bannerlord

19 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

I am really interested in this game. The combat looks very different, but apparently very historically accurate in terms of the movements and techniques. The world looks beautiful but I hope its attempt to be super realistic doesn't restrict it in terms of stuff to do for the player.

I'm going to wait for the full release and see what people have to say about it. I am more excited for Mount and Blade Bannerlord

super realistic doesn't restrict it ...  Yeah. That is one thing that seems a little off-putting. If it sticks to a rigid event calendar then you can't do anything that would change history which severely limits the kinds of quests you can do. Fetching a goat, woeing a damsel, stealing a coin purse might be interesting for an hour but I don't see how they can make a game really interesting that is so limited.

This is one of the games I backed in crowd funding. It sounded like it had potential as a MORE realistic version of Skyrim. It did not sound quite so rigid in proposal. They are now stating that is has NO fantasy element.

Edited by Cryzeteur

I hope this game will be amazing !

I find it really refreshing that they wont add any fantasy elements. Actually it was their selling point, as they did the crowdfunding to show their investors that people would dig that game ! For example I loved the siege part in Witcher 2 and all the XIV/XV century armors of the Witcher. I don't care if the combat are played realistic as long as it's fun as hell to smash some helmets and bassinet.

On 06/02/2018 at 5:25 PM, Cryzeteur said:

If it sticks to a rigid event calendar then you can't do anything that would change history which severely limits the kinds of quests you can do.

I don't know if the main story will branch out. BUT they did say that you could explore the world all you want and the main story line would "wait for you". So I don't think the calendar of events will be rigid. They also stated that you would have quality quests instead of quantity (but I guess all developers say this...).

By the way, there will be three acts to the game. I think the one coming out now is only the first act. --> Incorrect. See post bellow.

PS : I so hope Gopher will do a let's play of this. I have high hopes since he showed interest already !

Edited by SuMuN

3 hours ago, SuMuN said:

By the way, there will be three acts to the game. I think the one coming out now is only the first act.

PS : I so hope Gopher will do a let's play of this. I have high hopes since he showed interest already !

A three act scenario suggests linear play. No matter what you do in Act 1 you come to the end and enter act 2. It is not too big a deal. The main quest in Skyrim is linear. However role players resist this kind of restriction and often refuse to do the main quest. This also suggests the three Acts are driven by real historical events. 

Gopher is currently playing What Remains of Edith Finch which is monorail linear. It is obvious that he really, really, dislikes this linearity and I don't think he would do a major PT if the linearity is overly restrictive. However, I expect he will do a review and tell us his opinion. :)

Edited by Cryzeteur

16 hours ago, SuMuN said:

By the way, there will be three acts to the game. I think the one coming out now is only the first act.

So what do you mean by this  and if I may ask  where did you heard or see this info.   I have research this game and I must have missed this 3 part thing???

They have said there will be DLC to come, but I remember nothing of 3 acts or 3 parts.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:01 PM, Beuwolf said:

Here is the achievement one can get.. some of them are a bit funny.. :P

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7215-kingdom-come-deliverance

Especially this one, might be a bit tricky for most, all depending on how you playing the game of course. :P  CLICKY

Clicky...

((( No one has this trophy yet ))) 

this must mean everyone is getting lucky.. haha

On 09/02/2018 at 3:55 AM, Flyddon said:

I have research this game and I must have missed this 3 part thing???

it's the information they give on the reward pack of the kickstarter. Depending on your reward, you get access to Act I or more...

However, after looking for more informations, it seems they scraped this and made a full game (ref here and here). Sorry about the incorrect info above.

6 hours ago, SuMuN said:

it's the information they give on the reward pack of the kickstarter.

ah   Ok  I see.  So just to be clear  the Act 1 and Act 2   also mean  games.  As I read this (your ref) "Act" 1 & 2 are now the first game, and then "Act" 3  will be a second game.  This "Act" naming is confusing to me...   but just another name for DLC/game  I guess.   Either way  I am excited about this game, it's not ES6, but I think I can get a year's play out of it, which hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 will be out by then.    I have run out of things to do in The Forest... now building zip lines to and from each of my 5 camps.  And my Skyrim Mod, Castle Albanna will be released this week.

So one more day until KC :)

12 hours ago, SuMuN said:

it's the information they give on the reward pack of the kickstarter. Depending on your reward, you get access to Act I or more...

However, after looking for more informations, it seems they scraped this and made a full game (ref here and here). Sorry about the incorrect info above.

OK. That sounds a lot more promising. 

I am not criticizing story games because there are several among my favorite games of all time. But RPG should not be linear.

Thank you for your recent transaction on Steam.
The items below have been added to your Steam Library.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Probably wont be playing it from the get go though, but thought I support the developers by buying the preorder anyway.  So basically taking a chance here. :P

Ohh and if @Gopher don't see this thread, could someone please whisper in his ear that the game now have keybindings, which his beta didn't.  I instantly rebinded the block key from Q to side button on mouse.  :P