Gopher's Minions
RΛY

Fallout New-North Fan Lore (WIP)

test2_by_sethandreasbrassel-dc1pxsy.jpg

ABOUT

This page is mainly for my own personal project, thanks to @VATROU inspirational Alaska Lore page I have decided to post some lore relating to my own project, Lost in New-North. This was going to be purely for the development of my art portfolio, but now I have decided to expand more to it then what i first originally planned. Nothing within the lore will be set in stone, i will be slowly adding to it as I go. I'm acting as if I'm creating an add-on for Fallout 4, so ill be covering a lot of things along side the lore. 

NOTE: I am not a hardcore Fallout fan.... yet, I have only just recently invested more time in reading about Fallout's universe , Fallout 4 was my first experience within the fallout universe. Apologies if there is anything incorrect relating to the lore of fallout written on this page.  

you can find VATROU's lore page here > https://t.co/iZkLBjC4Bw

NOTE: Most artwork found on this page, I created so please don't steal any.

RECENTLY EDITED TABS are represented with this >  *  

NEW-NORTH MAP 

Spoiler

DEVELOPMENT #2 

map_new_north_dev_2_by_sethandreasbrasse

NOTE: a lot of work is still needed, roads, highways & tracks are almost complete, terrain elevation is near completion, a lot of the south side of the map is in need of detail, Most of the icons seen on this map are just placeholders, I will create custom icons to replace them just as i have done with the Goltangage icon, represented with the company logo.  

DEVELOPMENT #1

newnorth_map_test__by_sethandreasbrassel

(Not much here, this map is really... really blank, its a WIP)

ART DIRECTION 

Spoiler

For New-North I have decided to give it, well rather then the standard 50's setting Fallout fans are familiar with but I gave it a 70's vibe its going to be a bit of a blend between the two, I hope it doesn't alienate it too much, from the Fallout series. Having it set in Australia has really given me a lot of freedom, there's really not that much lore on Australia or on any of the other countries, other then America and a bit of China & Russia. This gives me the opportunity to make up nearly anything I want after the time stamp of the second world war.  

LORE

Spoiler

New-North is one of many regions within the northern reaches of Australia. The New-North coast once housed one of the largest resorts within Australia, The New-North Resort. The NNR (New-North Resort) was once a great architectural achievement blending atomic fusion with luxury & entertainment. The residents that once fenced the NNR are now submerged in shallow waters with protruding mangroves that cover the lands of the coastal line. Crawling fog covers most of these wetlands, obscuring the view of the supposed creatures that creep with it.

Most folk that live around the great mangrove forests tell stories of creatures that crawl ashore and take the children that play too close to the mangroves; this is mostly just tales to scare them to keep them from harm’s way.

Down south away from the coast there are large residential areas that are made up of mostly wealthy cliff side houses, well what remains of them, some have managed to stand the harsh weather conditions without to much destruction whilst most have collapsed down the face of the hill.

TIMELINE 

Spoiler

NOTE: This timeline will be slowly written as i progress in the lore development.

Australia gained significant, but not complete independence from the British government.

• 1914, August 4 

Australia pledged its support alongside other states of the British Empire when Britain declared war on Germany, World War I. 

• 1918, November 11

End of the first World War.

Most constitutional links between the British and Australian government were ended with the statue of Westminster.

• 1939, September 3 

Australia entered World War II.

• 1945, September 2

End of the second World War

The rising tide of American pop culture influences Australia.  

Australia gained complete independence which eliminated the United Kingdom’s role in the Australian Government entirely.

Northern Times releases their first issue of Bush Bandits

After the realization of the Vault program, Australia had requested assistance in building their own vaults, America agreed in helping Australia, but on a few terms & conditions. Australia is required to build these vaults themselves but, Vault-Tec will supply them with the building materials necessary for the task at hand and will have full control over the operation, Vault-Tec will have complete ownership over most of the vaults, Australia will own 3, but the citizens of Australia are free to use the ones owned by Vault-Tec. The vaults that are built will be a direct branch to Vault-Tec.  

Fuel becomes too precious to waste on automobiles; Australia joins the path in finding alternatives to the resource crisis, Goltangage and other petrol stations lose the supply of petrol and diesel fuel, and are shut down.

The first crude fusion cell was unveiled.   

Chryslus Motors produce the first fusion-driven automobile, Australian car dealerships request a large shipment of fusion powered automobiles. Goltangage has reopened and starts its new branch of product “coolant” for fusion powered vehicles.

• 2077, January 31

Following Americas new domestic power armour deployment in 2077 January 22, Australia orders and deploys its own power armour in the work force. Power armours are now used within the police force, fire fighters, and construction/mining plants.

PRE-WAR COMPANIES & ORGANISATIONS *

Spoiler

Northern Times

(company logo) 

northern_times_newspaper_logo_new_north_

A news and comic book publisher. Famous for the  Northern Times paper and the “Bush Bandits” & “Reckless Roo” comic series.       

Industry: Newspaper & Book publisher

Products: Northern Times Newspapers, Bush Bandits comic, Reckless Roo comic, Bunker Bunnies: Survival Hand guide

Locations: Australia

Goltangage & Goltangage Garage, motorized repairs

(company logo) 

goltangage_company_logo_new_north_concep

Use to be petroleum based refueling company but after the resource crisis and the development of fusion powered cars they started supplying coolant and continued their car washing and motorized engine repair services.

Industry: Fuel, car washing, engine repairs

Products: Petrol, diesel, coolant  

Rip-Roar-Roo Cola *

(company logo) 

rip_roar_roo_logo_1_by_sethandreasbrasse

Use to be a soft drink manufacturer before the war, It was one of the more popular drinks sold in Australia but it was always outsold and placed in second place by Nuka-Cola.

Industry: Soft Drink Manufacturer 

Products: Rip Roar Roo Cola

Henry's Houseware

(company logo) 

[image]

Use to be a 

Industry: House decorations and electronics 

Products: Trapezoid Television (Name.place.holder)

LOCATIONS 

Goltangage Coolant & motorized repairs 

Spoiler

One of numerous Goltangage stations throughout Australia.

NOTE: Have continued more of the digital creation of the Goltangage coolant station. 

goltangage_image_dev_5_by_sethandreasbra

NOTE: Just a quick sketch, will soon digitally paint it, this is just to give you an idea on what it looks like.

goltangage_station_sketch_by_sethandreas

NOTE: Just started painting the station. This is the Goltangage sign, with a bit of corrosion & weathering.

goltangage_station_wip_by_sethandreasbra

Game Assets 

Spoiler

Trapezoid Television (Henry's Houseware)

nn_hhwep_wip_trapezoid_television_by_set 

Edited by RΛY

If you go for a more rare mutated animals taking a focus on the people and environment then you could set up so that these mutated creatures are special and a dangerous threat few have seen. I also like how Goltangage shut down and reopened later selling a new product.

Thanks guys for the comments and feedback, I'm currently creating all the pre-war companies so i can create location relating to these companies, i will be creating factions for post-war.  

creating these companies and location will help expand on the possible creatures & factions. I was thinking that Australia would most likely have been bombarded with warheads, but possibly just the main cities, or the large US military facility located in the central desert part of Australia, called Pine Gap. Fore New-North, since its based in a fictional city on the coast in Northern Territory I wanted to make it that the city had been it by tsunamis not warheads, and have something that the folk have passed on about the "Great King Wave" or something like that. So the northern part of the map, the coast line is swap like, with lots of mangroves, and then down south there is a large hill with cliff houses, behind that hill the terrain will be rather then the swap/wetlands it will be the start to a desert. Within the desert there will be a large uranium mine, with a city within it, and a little town just outside of that, the surrounding areas will have hostiles that constantly raid the city. 

IMAGE DEVELOPMENT #1 (Goltangage station lollipop shaped sign.)  

NOTE: going to be posting the development of pieces of art down here. :D

Made some progress on the Goltangage sign post-war this will be on top of the station's coolant refiling overhang. 

goltangage_station_wip_by_sethandreasbra

original sketch that I'm painting over.

goltangage_by_sethandreasbrassel-dc1tmfq

Edited by RΛY