Gopher's Minions
LoreAbidingCitizen

My mod highlights and let’s plays(FROST)

Hi Guys,

This is is my first post on here and I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting my content. I have been watching gopher for years and I recently got the time to start my own Skyrim channel. I have worked on film productions before so I hope the content is okay and I would really appreciate it if you guys could head over to my channel and leave some feedback. I have been looking for a good community to start to reach out to with my videos and forgot gopher had a website!

Commentary is one thing I know I need to work on! 

Video link to one of my first recorded adventures; Moon and Star!: 

Here is the first episode of my FROST lets play:

Thanks all,

Lore

(Please let me know if this is not allowed an I will not do it again!)

Edited by LoreAbidingCitizen

3 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Hi Guys,

This is is my first post on here and I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting my content. I have been watching gopher for years and I recently got the time to start my own Skyrim channel. I have worked on film productions before so I hope the content is okay and I would really appreciate it if you guys could head over to my channel and leave some feedback. I have been looking for a good community to start to reach out to with my videos and forgot gopher had a website!

Commentary is one thing I know I need to work on! 

Video link to one of my first recorded adventures; Moon and Star!: 

Thanks all,

Lore

(Please let me know if this is not allowed an I will not do it again!)

Hi Lore welcome. You posted this in community creations. It looks fine to me. Please feel free to join in any of the conversations here another voice is always welcome.

9 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Thanks very much OutansBack, I will! 

When your next LP is ready you can announce/post it here in this thread. That should help keep them orginized and easy for other Minions to find.

Oh, only if you want to do something like that just offering.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

When your next LP is ready you can announce/post it here in this thread. That should help keep them orginized and easy for other Minions to find.

Oh, only if you want to do something like that just offering.

Thanks OutandBack. I will, the next episode is just rendering. I wouldn't want to spam the forums and other threads with my content.

Thanks for the help!

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Part 2: Give it a minute for 1080p, it needs to process. A like and a comment would be much appreciated! Or if you didn't like it, some feedback!

Thanks again!

There was a lot of jitter or stutter, probably because of the program you used for taping. The fps seems to be maybe 30? Anyway, other than making me dizzy, you could edit out some of the boring or glitched parts... by glitched I am referring to unrealistic visual effects such as the camera moving inside the meshes. It isn't bad ... but it is not immersive. Your narration is good.

18 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Next FROST episodes:

Obviously you already know this: The intro voice is fine, but the voice level in the first two episodes is too quite. The third episode is fine.

You could edit out the bits where you are running as fast as you can back... such as running to the Chemistry Station. When you are moving that fast the fps makes viewing hard... again I got dizzy.

2 hours ago, OutandBack said:

Hi LAC,

I really enjoy FO4 Frost LP's

I am subscriber #7 and look forward to watching how you deal with the new challenges this mod brings to the FO world.

Thanks for subscribing, I’m glad your enjoying it, I have never done let’s plays before and will keep working to improve! 

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Obviously you already know this: The intro voice is fine, but the voice level in the first two episodes is too quite. The third episode is fine.

You could edit out the bits where you are running as fast as you can back... such as running to the Chemistry Station. When you are moving that fast the fps makes viewing hard... again I got dizzy.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am really bad at seeing the effects of frame rate. I am recording using OBS at 30 FPS, for some reason recording at 60 caused a real stutter problem on the output, when the game ran fine! I will try and work on it for the next episodes.

I will try and fast forward the more boring parts of the play through or cut them out all together, I’ll try and take a page from gophers book. The audio levels is something I am still trying to tweak and perfect! 

Thanks again for the feedback, I will implement all your suggestions into upcoming videos! 

3 hours ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

I will try and fast forward the more boring parts of the play through

In my opinion, fast forward is a bad idea unless done extremely carefully. That kind of motion tends to be sickish.

Dropping bits is a better idea.

Edited by Cryzeteur

31 minutes ago, LoreAbidingCitizen said:

Fair enough I will probably jut cut them then, I honestly appreciate the feedback, I have never done let’s plays or been involved at all in video creation for a long while so it’s great to get some!

I'd like to offer some constructive suggestions. As a keyboard and mouse player please remember not to twitch L/R U/D too much or too fast. As a player you know when its going to happen as a watcher you don't and it will tire your views eyes. Most of us like watching full screen at the highest resolution and frame rate you can give us. As a LPer you not only have to play/narrate the game you are also the camera man for your viewers. Just something to consider. If you watch any of the big LPers you will notice they pan smooth.

I thought the game sound was fine but you could turn your narration up 10-20% more.

Best of luck I am looking forward to episode 2 just finished 1.

10 hours ago, OutandBack said:

I'd like to offer some constructive suggestions. As a keyboard and mouse player please remember not to twitch L/R U/D too much or too fast. As a player you know when its going to happen as a watcher you don't and it will tire your views eyes. Most of us like watching full screen at the highest resolution and frame rate you can give us. As a LPer you not only have to play/narrate the game you are also the camera man for your viewers. Just something to consider. If you watch any of the big LPers you will notice they pan smooth.

I thought the game sound was fine but you could turn your narration up 10-20% more.

Best of luck I am looking forward to episode 2 just finished 1.

I will try and resolve the frame rate issue for the next episode. I already have 5 recorded, and with frost it’s impossible for me to revert to a save from when I started recording. So for episode 6 I will try and make sure I have got it fixed, I found some potential solutions online.

in terms of being too twitchy, I will bear that in mind and perhaps also turn my mouse sensitivity down,

thanks for spending your time watching the episodes and giving feedback guys!