Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS (Chapter 8) #11 - I Hate the Gundersons

I think most lets-players would have loaded another save and tried to fix the quest; thank you Gopher for not doing that I was choking with laughter watching this one; just suburb 

Edited by Caloss2

3 hours ago, Caloss2 said:

I think most lets-players would have loaded another save and tried to fix the quest; than you Gopher for not doing that I was choking with laughter watching this one; just suburb 

Yes... This episode was totally .... unforgetable..  :D..

Edited by Cryzeteur

I wonder just how many of these smaller side quests will be broken since Jack is such a high lvl character and Jacks is so behind on the main quest.

I found the game quests are not very flushed out for high lvl characters. Still fun to watch.

Guessing the engine was conflicting 2 scripts/states that both got activated at roughly the same time- the chef saw Ted and went aggro (which explains his wierd face) and probably at around the same time, you activated a nother script/state by talking to the chef and talking him into giving you the recipe.

After the dialogue ended, the game didn't know what to do with the two states and just went with both running at the same time, which is why the Chef attacked you after the dialogue ended and why you were able to call the waiter, who then served the meal and then got to talk to Mortimer....

The simple act of having activated 2 scripts/states kind of avalanched through the rest of the quest and fluffed it up.

Ps. such a shame that this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Edited by Apocalypso

1 hour ago, Apocalypso said:

Guessing the engine was conflicting 2 scripts/states that both got activated at roughly the same time- the chef saw Ted and went aggro (which explains his wierd face) and probably at around the same time, you activated a nother script/state by talking to the chef and talking him into giving you the recipe.

After the dialogue ended, the game didn't know what to do with the two states and just went with both running at the same time, which is why the Chef attacked you after the dialogue ended and why you were able to call the waiter, who then served the meal and then got to talk to Mortimer....

The simple act of having activated 2 scripts/states kind of avalanched through the rest of the quest and fluffed it up.

Ps. such a shame that this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Gopher has been having other issues as well. He runs several cosmetic mods for recording to make the recording nice and up to his standards. Because of this his mod structure is more unstable than most of us use when playing. I suspect you are right about the immediate cause. Gopher was also trying to do two things at once which is always bad. A normal gamer would reload and redo the whole sequence. Gopher hates doing that and tried to make do ... a really bad idea.

Ted Gunderson: You know, if you knew what you were doing I coulda been out of there hours ago.

Jack: *Lowly groaning through a clenched jaw*
(or so I imagen he was doing anyway)

to be continued .......

Lovely finish of the episode ! :P