Gopher's Minions

Welcome Invictis. Our cookie maker is busy so I will invite you to the forum. Just a few things, watch out for low flying cats with flame throwers and bats with nukes. If.... I say.... If... you find a plate full of cookies... they may have been left by Gopher... but even if they were manufactured from goo they should taste just fine.

Welcome to the forum... :)

10 hours ago, Invictus said:

Much appreciated all.

I'm just playing around with video editing, it makes Skyrim so fun!

Please do not take any comments I make as criticism. I think you are doing a great job. However, I am wondering if you would like some suggestions on making your video more professional?

1 hour ago, Invictus said:

Definitely, any criticism,constructive or otherwise,is very appreciated.

OK. You are doing something I used to do. You are trying to make your voice over dramatic. Listen to your narrative and compare it to Gopher reading a book.

Go to  22:11

Gopher is using a natural voice. Compare it to yours and you are using a false voice. Do you see what I mean?

I am not involved in drama and the one play I tried out for rejected me, so I can't explain it any better.

Also. what I do is create the audio first when I want a really film quality movie. I make the audio starting with the background music and add the voice over. Then I fit the video to the audio. If you have the equipment you can add the sound effects last with video special effects.

The final result can be something like this:

Best of luck. Making movies is fun and rewarding but also very time consuming.

Edited by Cryzeteur

Nice Cryzeteur! Thanks for the tips. I'll try to do better on my next video. What I'm doing is just kinda playing normally and recording an hour or so at a time, then every 3 or 4 episodes I want to make a "road so far" video. I don't expect anyone to watch to be honest, just doing this for my own entertainment. 

2 hours ago, Invictus said:

Nice Cryzeteur! Thanks for the tips. I'll try to do better on my next video. What I'm doing is just kinda playing normally and recording an hour or so at a time, then every 3 or 4 episodes I want to make a "road so far" video. I don't expect anyone to watch to be honest, just doing this for my own entertainment. 

It is fun to do. Each time I make one I learn a lot and the next one is better. Each time I add something new. Just for fun. I do not save them because the old ones seem silly. :P

On 1/17/2018 at 8:01 PM, Cryzeteur said:

It is fun to do. Each time I make one I learn a lot and the next one is better. Each time I add something new. Just for fun. I do not save them because the old ones seem silly. :P

Awesome, I feel the same, learning and growing with each video.. I've been uploading mine to youtube, but I wonder if I shouldn't because right now they aren't very good. My playthrough right now is based around the Undeath Mod and Lichdom. I'd like to tell a good story based on this, but so far its just meh.

Edited by Invictus

I love writing. But I know what you mean about starting a video because you want to start a video but the story just doesn't come together. Or you come across some problem that is going to take a lot of work to overcome. You sit back and consider the story and say... meh... it just isn't working...

The way to do it is to have the story worked out first. I suggest do your play through all the way through. Then write the story. You can use inserts, new footage, and editing to stick it all together to then tell your story. As you play through just react to the situation, instead of trying to build a story. Real emotions come off as real.Like when you think something if funny and start laughing or surprised and make those noises. They are real and even a smile can be heard in your tone of voice. So when you put the whole thing together with the story scenes and special effects and narration and background music it will all come together. When I take the time to do this the result always amazes me.

A month later it may seem amateurish but it was the best effort at the time and is usually something worth putting out there.

Hope I am inspiring you  But don't get overwhelmed by your project. Always have fun.

Best of luck.