Gopher's Minions
Caloss2

Erm..what do we make of this .. TES-6

Well, pretty sure the site is legit.  It is a computer site here in Sweden, they have both online and normal shops present here.  Been shopping from them for ages on occasion.  In regards to the game they have up though, have no clue. :P

Actually there is a rumor that Bethesda is going to reveal a major new release at E3 2018. Could it be ES6? Certainly. We know that Bethesda has been working on it secretly ever since Skyrim DLCs were released.  We also know they have been working even harder on it ever since Fallout 4 DLCs were finished. The speculation, which is no more than guess work, it that Bethesda would release ES6 around Christmas 2018 or in the spring of 2019.

So is this ad legit? I expect it is.

https://gamingbolt.com/pachter-says-the-elder-scrolls-6-is-in-development-but-unsure-when-its-coming-out

Some are saying it is totally confirmed.    :P

http://fraghero.com/you-wouldnt-believe-what-bethesda-confirmed-for-elder-scrolls-vi/

But seriously:

Bethesda game director and Fallout 4 mastermind Todd Howard stated at E3 2016 that they were working on a pair of projects "bigger than anything we've done," and that "people will probably hear about those probably even before Elder Scrolls 6. And that'll make sense many years from now." They then released Prey on May 5, 2017, ES Legends in June 2017, Quake Champions in August 22, 2017. They have also announced up coming releases of Battlecry and Elder Scrolls VI. No date yet but it is fair to expect both games will be released in 2018. (https://www.releases.com/l/Bethesda/2017/8/).

Edited by Cryzeteur

Could be a thing. It's what we all want, right? xD

Bethesda likes creating hype for their games and at the same time they like to lie about being in development. We know that. So the whole "we're not working on it" thing could be (I actually think it is) a lie. So yeah, maybe we get a new TES soon :)

In fact, Todd Howard said in an interview that they were actually working on TESVI but if they explained it to us, we would say "sounds like you don't have the technology". I think that's a confirmation of a new engine, which might have been in development at the time. I think that was E3 2016, but I don't have the sources with me right now.

2 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Actually there is a rumor that Bethesda is going to reveal a major new release at E3 2018. Could it be ES6? Certainly. 

Yeah, there will definitely be some nice big revealing at E3 this year. That's for sure. But I believe it would be the "Starfield" thing everyone was talking about some time ago. I'm with those who believe they were supposed to reveal it at E3 2017 but something happened and they had to hold back (You know Bethesda, they like to announce things just a few months before releasing).

They then released Prey on May 5, 2017, ES Legends in June 2017, Quake Champions in August 22, 2017. They have also announced up coming releases of Battlecry and Elder Scrolls VI. No date yet but it is fair to expect both games will be released in 2018. (https://www.releases.com/l/Bethesda/2017/8/).

Are we talking about Bethesda the developer or Bethesda the publisher? ;) 

Edited by Sebngarde

15 hours ago, Sebngarde said:

Could be a thing. It's what we all want, right? xD

Bethesda likes creating hype for their games and at the same time they like to lie about being in development. We know that. So the whole "we're not working on it" thing could be (I actually think it is) a lie. So yeah, maybe we get a new TES soon :)

In fact, Todd Howard said in an interview that they were actually working on TESVI but if they explained it to us, we would say "sounds like you don't have the technology". I think that's a confirmation of a new engine, which might have been in development at the time. I think that was E3 2016, but I don't have the sources with me right now.

Yeah, there will definitely be some nice big revealing at E3 this year. That's for sure. But I believe it would be the "Starfield" thing everyone was talking about some time ago. I'm with those who believe they were supposed to reveal it at E3 2017 but something happened and they had to hold back (You know Bethesda, they like to announce things just a few months before releasing).

Are we talking about Bethesda the developer or Bethesda the publisher? ;) 

Bethesda publisher is apparently making the announcement as the games listed for Bethesda releases includes several software developers. Generally it is the publisher that is responsible for publicity and release.

Well it is obvious they have been working on the engine. The 64-bit engine came out in November 2015 and the VR engine just released in 2017. One of the devs once mentioned that they will probably stick with the old Oblivion engine because it does what needs to be done so why change it. They just update it and rewrite it, but in essence it works the same. The Fallout engine has many changes that are so significant from a programming standpoint that it is almost a new engine. Why they don't give it a new name is a mystery. But it still works in a similar way. Todd Howard said they Skyrim 6 ... well he did not say it in words... but implied it... would use an entirely new approach to AI that would do what they promised... NPCs who respond to the players accomplishments... in Skyrim but not achieved. You can see them working on this in the Fallout DLCs. Each of the DLCs did something really different in the mechanics. I think each of these development stages shows an improvement in the engine.

So do they already have an engine that can do things that would have seemed impossible in 2016? Yes they do.

There is a rumor based on a few hints and sidewise comments by Todd Howard and others that they may reveal two massive games at E3 2018. Many have speculated that one is Starfield and the other is ES6.

Edited by Cryzeteur

The important thing about this update is Pete Hines made another comment last year that could be interpreted as an announcement in 2018 ... and there was no denial that Bethesda is working on it. This is consistent with the other information I have reported and further supports expected news at E3 2018. 

There is considerable doubt that Starfield is far enough along to be released in 2018. So the major expected game announcement (two massive games) is even more likely NOT to include Starfield.

Pete Hines is a hint monger... :P

Edited by Cryzeteur

Latest video on the topic. 

I'm starting to get excited about the topic, so everyone stop it!  xD

For some reason, Japanese web sites and everyone on twitter started to freak out about this TESVI thingy just now xD

Edited by Sebngarde

21 hours ago, Sebngarde said:

Latest video on the topic. 

I'm starting to get excited about the topic, so everyone stop it!  xD

For some reason, Japanese web sites and everyone on twitter started to freak out about this TESVI thingy just now xD

SKULLZI makes a lot out of nothing in this video. Basically, no new information.

Remember more reliable rumors suggest a possible announcement from Bethesda that they are indeed working on ES6 at E3-2018. The release date is still tentatively 2019-2021. Pete Hines did say current tech, i.e. PS4 and XBOX-ONE, is not adequate to handle the game they are making, that is why it is expected they are waiting for PS5 and XBOX-TWO. Next Gen systems are not expected before 2021. However, they could create the Next Gen Game, port it to the older systems in a partial port version if they want an earlier release. There has been speculation about such a thing.

Regardless of release date, I am just tickled that we will eventually have another ES game. :)

Remember what Pete Hines said when asked if they were working on Skyrim 2, he said, no we are not going to do a Skyrim 2, we are going to make an entirely new and different game. (paraphrased because I don't remember the exact quote, but if you go back to the discussions about this last year I gave the exact quotes and sources.)

I would not be surprised if Bethesda and CDPR are in a sort of competition to make the next great game. In the Gamer mag they listed the top 100 RPGs of all times and Skyrim was No. 1... Witcher 3 was No. 5... 

Edited by Cryzeteur

Yeah, I wish they don't announce it until a few months before release. I don't want to have to wait one year or more after they announce it xD I prefer to not have any official confirmation until it's nearly done.

But yes, the idea of a new TES is exciting :D

TESVI TESVI TESVI TESVI!!!!!!!! (that's how my twitter timeline looks since yesterday night)

Todd Howard says they're not even working on ES6, but I don't believe that for a second. They kept shtum about Fallout 4 until they hit us around the head with it at E3 2015. 

I'm hoping for a November 2018 release. It's optimistic, but I don't buy into the idea that they wouldn't have started work at most two years after Skyrim dropped, once all the DLC was handled and the dev team had a chance to rest. Worst-case scenario, they didn't start until Fallout 4 was finished, in which case come November it'll be three years development. That means 2018 or 2019 for release. 

But this is Bethesda, and some of their franchise games have had ten-year gaps between them (yes, I know Fallout 2 was technically made by the guys from Obsidian/Black Isle Studios), so nothing would surprise me at this stage. 

The following list was gathered from numerous posts all over the internet from Gamespot to far less credible sources. It may be inaccurate but it is interesting. Any thoughts? 
The speculated timeline for future Bethesda releases is as follows:

Starfield (2018) (delayed, possibly because of microtransaction problems)
Quake Champions (2018)
Magic And Mayhem 3 (2018)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Switch (2018)
DOOM 2 Switch (2019)
TESVI (2019)
Game of Thrones Switch (2020) (Cancelled?)
Dishonored 3 (2020)
TESVI VR (2020)
Fallout 5 (2021)
Fallout Online (2021)
Evil Within 3 (2021)
Prey 2 (2024)
Dishonored 4 (2025)
TESVII (2027)

If Gopher can find the time (unlikely with the demise of Jack) I'd like to hear what he thinks about it other than the last video on TES 6 (which was great) but as I say, he's got his plate full atm.

The following list was gathered from numerous posts all over the internet from Gamespot to far less credible sources. It may be inaccurate but it is interesting. Any thoughts? 
The speculated timeline for future Bethesda releases is as follows:

Starfield (2018) (delayed, possibly because of microtransaction problems)
Quake Champions (2018)
DOOM 2 Switch (2019)
TESVI (2019)
Game of Thrones Switch (2020) (Cancelled?)
Dishonored 3 (2020)
TESVI VR (2020)
Fallout 5 (2021)
Fallout Online (2021)
Evil Within 3 (2021)
Prey 2 (2024)
Dishonored 4 (2025)
TESVII (2027)

Quake Champions (2018)

I find it hard to believe any of these are the quoting Todd Howard-"We are working on and coming out with two other games, before a new ES that is bIgger than anything we have done in the past"

QC a simple arena game shooter, A simple card game, Wolf II a simple linear game no bigger than Dead Space or Lara Croft Tomb Raider. IMO these are not even AAA games. They are just good games nothing more and will be forgotten in no time.

22 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

cQuake Champions (2018)

I find it hard to believe any of these are the quoting Todd Howard-"We are working on and coming out with two other games, before a new ES that is bIgger than anything we have done in the past"

QC a simple arena game shooter, A simple card game, Wolf II a simple linear game no bigger than Dead Space or Lara Croft Tomb Raider. IMO these are not even AAA games. They are just good games nothing more and will be forgotten in no time.

Sounds reasonable to me. I have pondered and pondered and asked many questions and searched and searched but there is no hint what the two major RPGs are other than Starfield might be one. The other was rumored to be an adventure game possibly similar to a D&D scenario but Bethesda is being very tight to the chest about this. Still, Bethesda is supposed to reveal both games at E3 2018.

Curiously Todd Howard said that they are not working on them simultaneously but piece-meal, one game at a time. They work on one until they reach a block and then on the other until the hit the same block. Then they work on the engine to overcome the block. Apparently both games are preparatory to creating ES6. So what are these blocks? Todd Howard made it clear that the problem they are working on is to make the NPCs smarter and more life-like. In other words, AI. All three RPGs are going to blow away all previous ideas about how NPCs behave.

On top of this Todd Howard said they are working on ES6 but not at the same time as the other two games. The other two games take precedence because they set the development of the engine that will run ES6. Are they working on ES6? Yes. When the other two games are waiting for engine updates they work on ES6. He of course did not say this plainly, but it is implied in his other statements.

Edited by Cryzeteur

6 hours ago, TheLazyGrizzly said:

I personally don't mind how long they take, if they announce it this years E3 i fear that they did not learn their lesson in time and already have included voiced protagonist like FO4 which would kinda ruin it for me :(

Voiced protagonists seem to be a thing now-a-days. Probably because kids don't  like to read and old people can't see. Teasing...:P

Personally I would be happy with really good computer voices for some things like voiced protagonist. That way you could chose whatever voice you wanted. Some games the voiced protagonist is so totally wrong it is constantly bothersome. Prey was alright. The voice sounded foreign but not too bad.

Voicing the ES6 protagonist would not be a big thing for me. I tend to ignore the sound of the voice after a few hours.