Gopher's Minions

ModDrop Warning

Woodclaw

As of about a hour ago Elianora, which I'm pretty sure most Skyrim and Fallout mod-users are familiar with, set all her stuff on the Nexus to "Hidden" for the time being after discovering that a secondary platfrom ModDrop (apparently a new incarnation of a well known mod-thief already banned from Nexus several times) uploaded all of her work. Eli already stated on Reddit that she knows that this move won't stop ModDrop, but she's doing it to highlight the problem. Robin/DarkOne from Nexus also chimed in saying that he contacted the ModDrop team already and they just shifted the blame on their users. Apparently this is nothing new and some Nexus users and authors, including Arthmoor, identified the ModDrop team as former Nexus-users banned for stealing and reuploading mods trying to monetize them.

Eli added that she will unhide those mods as soon as the word spread among the community of mod-users and authors.

Here we got a pretty good coverage of what is going on by Last Level Press.

Thanks for the heads up @Woodclaw , I wasn't even aware of this site until you posted it now.  Saw a link in it to GamerPoets opinion about the site as well and he also posted a "mod" on Nexus to warn others.  I downloaded the file so I can Endorse it and hopefully others do the same and keep it up and about to other users can be aware of this crappy site.

Hopefully @Gopher will see this thread as well and make his voice heard, pretty sure he wouldn't be supporting this site and if he does it will reach even more mod users. gopherVaultStiv

OPs, forgot the link to GamerPoet's Nexus page.. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14188?

Edited by Beuwolf

4 hours ago, Beuwolf said:

Thanks for the heads up @Woodclaw , I wasn't even aware of this site until you posted it now.  Saw a link in it to GamerPoets opinion about the site as well and he also posted a "mod" on Nexus to warn others.  I downloaded the file so I can Endorse it and hopefully others do the same and keep it up and about to other users can be aware of this crappy site.

Hopefully @Gopher will see this thread as well and make his voice heard, pretty sure he wouldn't be supporting this site and if he does it will reach even more mod users. gopherVaultStiv

OPs, forgot the link to GamerPoet's Nexus page.. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14188?

Apparently very few people were and that's kind of the point.

57 minutes ago, Caloss2 said:

Seems ESO has posted an apology video and won't be covering moddrop anymore, it wasn't that clear to me what he intends to do precisely going forward though.

Part from the original video is still accessible though, even if he says in the video he has taking it down. :huh:

Wjd8mnO.gif

It is not showing in his uploaded videos, but that link leads to it still, so seems he has hidden it but not removed it from his channel.

1 hour ago, Woodclaw said:

Things are evolving fast. Eli unhide her mods, but other authors are following suit to keep the awareness high.

Yes, I noticed that yesterday already that she only had her mods hidden for like half a day or so.  I'm glad she has put them back though, she does some amazing mods !  gopherVaultStiv

Edited by Beuwolf