Gopher's Minions
Quick

New, kinda.

Hello fellow minions.

First things first, I am awfully impressed by Gophers industriousness. He's come a long way and now has his very own thriving community, which is actually quite impressive. I guess a question I would have for Gopher is, did you ever see this type of thing happening for you/did you play on making youtube your occupation before you started or did it start as a hobby?

Anyways, IDK how active I will be on this site, but I will prolly end up chiming in when I have a particular problem that I am having with modding. I also feel it necessary to say I would not be able to mod games nearly as well as I can now if it wasn't for Gophersvids, so Gopher has my thanks.

A little history about me..
I joined the Skyrim modding community relatively late in it's happenings.. And by that I mean I was part of the Guild Wars 2 unofficial forums as pretty much my first experience with forums. It was also kinda my first experience with computers, to a lesser degree. Yes, I was at one point a napster boy, but that was a long time ago when the only thing we had was 56K. Back to the GW2 thing, I recall someone telling me on the forum for that site that "You missed Skyrim." The reason for this is very simple. You see, I did get Skyrim when it originally came out in 2011, but I got it for PS3. I didn't even have my own PC at the time and I had no idea what I was even "missing out on." Turns out I was missing out on an awful lot. Fast forward about a year or two and I decided I would give this "modding thing" a try. So I bought Skyrim for the PC and had not a clue where to even start with modding. Turns out there was a guy named Gopher who had some youtube videos about that very subject. So I went through my paces of watching a lot of the beginner type videos from Gopher on modding Skyrim. I never really had a problem understanding the steps that Gopher covers so well. I ended up with some mods I didn't even think were possible for people to actually add to a game like SkyRe and all those other mods that are almost a necessity that go along with that one. It's been a good experience overall and now that we have SKSE64 out for SSE, it's just going to be more enjoyable experiences from here on out, I think.

Well, that's my longish entry to the site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome! Welcome!

Tradition demands that I give you the expected warnings: Watch out for flying cats, rats, mice, dogs, muskrats, bats, wolverines, pokemen, smileys, sharks, and exploding kangaroos with flamethrowers... hmmm... guess I went a little overboard there...

Have a cookie and welcome...

oh... and ...      MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edited by Cryzeteur

53 minutes ago, Cryzeteur said:

Welcome! Welcome!

Tradition demands that I give you the expected warnings: Watch out for flying cats, rats, mice, dogs, muskrats, bats, wolverines, pokemen, smileys, sharks, and exploding kangaroos with flamethrowers... hmmm... guess I went a little overboard there...

Have a cookie and welcome...

oh... and ...      MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Glad I at least don't have to worry about werewolves and vampires here, lol.

Kinda curious about the exploding kangaroos with flamethrowers tho. That at least makes this place not boring.