Gopher's Minions
OutandBack

The Elder Scrolls 6 NOW or RIOT!

I don't know why, but for some reason I was thinking that the delay has something to do with projects like Beyond Skyrim. 

But yeah, the whole "we're not working on TESVI" could be a lie just like "We're not working on fallout 4". Hoping that's the case.

The research I did also showed Bethesda Softworks is not working on ES6. It also showed that they did not even have a concept worked out.

When I realized that I gave up talking about it. It is basically a dead subject at Bethesda.

Makes no sense.

Fallout 5? I think they do have a concept for that. 

The new IP should be announced in 2018. My info is that it is a space game similar to Star Wars. Speculation is that it will be a major flop.

Curiously the rumor mill says that CDPR is also going to release a space game in 2018 and it may also be a weak game, but it should be unique enough to make some money.

The history of this goes back almost 10 years when devs were predicting the game of the future would be a space game involving an alien world and alien species. Prey and Destiny and No Man's Sky tested the waters and have not done all that well. 

Basically the whole thing started when it was predicted that gamers would be burnt out on sword and sorcery RPG by 2018-2020.

Edited by Cryzeteur

The reasons Bethesda has stated for them not working on TES6 yet are that they have 2 non TES games in the pipeline, that they want to wait until technology has matured a bit more so that they can make TES6 very technologically superior, and that they don't want to be known as the dev studio that only spits out TES and Fallout games.

If they are not in-fact lying here, then (despite the intense pain of having to wait probably at least 8 years) I actually really respect them for this. They seem to respect the games they create more than their community's wishes - which is interesting, as it is very different from most studios whom would rather make a quick buck by releasing a mediocre game to a community with low expectations. This is, of course, relying on the possibility that Bethesda indeed means what it says and is not using this "we are not yet making TES 6" as a PR stunt or something. I do hope it comes out as soon as possible, however.

Edited by CloudSymbol

5 hours ago, OutandBack said:

What the hell are they thinking. 6 years is just stupid too long 3 years is more like it. Could this be a ESO thing where that IP would die if ES6 was released?

i think too. Also releasing TES6 would stop any possible new skyrim game like they are doing. 

The comment section on YT for this video has thus far been very well behaved I must say; I was expecting some of the usual tirade but no, good humour and thoughtful debate for the most part.

That probably speaks about the audience that is waiting and wanting TES 6 as much as it does about content of the video itself.

My input there is going to be the same here.

Perhaps as Bethesda publishing release more games, I think they may be trying to go the valve route with steam; that's pretty much when any hope of half life ep3 died. Far easier to make money releasing other developers games than making them yourself perhaps ?

When I look at a game like Enderal and think about the team that made it. A game every bit as good as the original from such a small group of deticated programmers.

I just have to hang my head in discust that it has been 6 years and there is no ES6 in site. Such poor management.

15 hours ago, CloudSymbol said:

The reasons Bethesda has stated for them not working on TES6 yet are that they have 2 non TES games in the pipeline, that they want to wait until technology has matured a bit more so that they can make TES6 very technologically superior, and that they don't want to be known as the dev studio that only spits out TES and Fallout games.

If they are not in-fact lying here, then (despite the intense pain of having to wait probably at least 8 years) I actually really respect them for this. They seem to respect the games they create more than their community's wishes - which is interesting, as it is very different from most studios whom would rather make a quick buck by releasing a mediocre game to a community with low expectations. This is, of course, relying on the possibility that Bethesda indeed means what it says and is not using this "we are not yet making TES 6" as a PR stunt or something. I do hope it comes out as soon as possible, however.

This is correct. Bethesda tried to use a strong AI Engine of a test ES game and the AI played the game better than any human could. The devs looked at this and said, "Well this is botched up." because they needed an even better AI to make the AI play nice. These are not their words but this is the gist of what was said. So, yes Bethesda is trying to make a game of the future. Something so strong that it will play as long as the present ES games.

However they have also said they are burned out on ES. I have heard many extremely negative comments on repeating any game using ES lore. That is why they farmed off ESO to another developer. Pete Hines has said many things about this as he is fed up with being nagged about it.

13 hours ago, jeancly said:

i think too. Also releasing TES6 would stop any possible new skyrim game like they are doing. 

This is also correct. However when they said this I think it was just a quick answer to put off the interviewer. Pete Hines also said that their development schedule has nothing to do with the ESO Team.

13 hours ago, Sebngarde said:

Also I like this guys perspective.

There was also a leak that said ES6 would be underwater in one of the cities that sank into the sea during the sundering. Then of course there was all the underwater test stuff in Fallout 4.

Pete Hines did say that ES6 would NOT be multiplayer.

Rumors have also implicated Pyandonia and the Sea Elves.

There was also the speculation that the overlap between ES and Fallout portended that the Starfield space adventure would link the past and future ... remember the aliens in Fallout? ... and time travel in Skyrim ... and bring it all into ES6.

Edited by Cryzeteur

8 hours ago, OutandBack said:

When I look at a game like Enderal and think about the team that made it. A game every good as the original from such a small group of deticated programmers.

I just have to hang my head is discust that it has been 6 years and there is no ES6 in site. Such poor management.

Beyond Skyrim and Fallout Expanded should help fill in the time... :)

The underwater idea doesn't make much sense imo. Not all races would be able to live underwater... Although I don't know much about that part of the lore.

The other leak talking about TES and Fallout being in the same "universe" also doesn't make sense. TES world is completely fantasy, as oposite to Fallout's world which is set in a parallel earth. It would imply that all TES lore wasn't a "real" thing and/or that magic could be posible in the Fallout world.

It'd be a very stupid idea to do that in my opinion :/ 

13 minutes ago, Sebngarde said:

The underwater idea doesn't make much sense imo. Not all races would be able to live underwater... Although I don't know much about that part of the lore.

The other leak talking about TES and Fallout being in the same "universe" also doesn't make sense. TES world is completely fantasy, as oposite to Fallout's world which is set in a parallel earth. It would imply that all TES lore wasn't a "real" thing and/or that magic could be posible in the Fallout world.

It'd be a very stupid idea to do that in my opinion :/ 

Remember that ES was inspired by the Cthulhu mythos developed by H. P. Lovecraft. The Great Old Ones were reached through portals between worlds. The base world was our earth or at least a parallel earth. Magic was real in our earth but difficult to access. So our earth was exactly like our earth and most people who came across the dark lords either died or were considered insane. There are bits and pieces of the Cthulhu mythos that overlap or are related to the Daedric Worlds and the Cthulhu demons. 

Remember the Deep Ones ... I think they were in that village south of Bruma.

Edited by Cryzeteur

3 hours ago, Cryzeteur said:

Beyond Skyrim and Fallout Expanded should help fill in the time... :)

If I added my PS3 time with Skyrim I have over 3000 hours in game. I have answered every question for every choice. I burned out 1 PS3 HD and 4 controllers.

I have played all the major mods except this last one Gopher just finished. I currently don't have a high lvl Dragonborn so the guard at the gate doesn't know me.

So basicly the mod is broken as far as I am concerned and to be honest I'm so burned out of Skyrim I have no energy or will to troubleshoot this new mod. I did get 150 hours in the 64 bit Skyrim before everything came back to me and there was no new discoveries.

1 minute ago, OutandBack said:

If I added my PS3 time with Skyrim I have over 3000 hours in game. I have answered every question for every choice. I burned out 1 PS3 HD and 4 controllers.

I have played all the major mods except this last one Gopher just finished. I currently don't have a high lvl Dragonborn so the guard at the gate doesn't know me.

So basicly the mod is broken as far as I am concerned and to be honest I'm so burned out of Skyrim I have no energy or will to troubleshoot this new mod.

New mod? Did Gopher mention a new mod? Are you talking about DLCs? Or Beyond Skyrim: Bruma? 

Regardless. When I was playing on my PS I also burned out a hard drive. :P

I have no idea how many thousands of hours I have played.

Just now, Cryzeteur said:

New mod? Did Gopher mention a new mod? Are you talking about DLCs? Or Beyond Skyrim: Bruma? 

Regardless. When I was playing on my PS I also burned out a hard drive. :P

I have no idea how many thousands of hours I have played.

Yes, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma  I could not get it to work with a low lvl (30) character that did not finish the main quest.

14 minutes ago, OutandBack said:

Yes, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma  I could not get it to work with a low lvl (30) character that did not finish the main quest.

That is strange. I did Bruma with a level 10 character. Yes the enemies are tough, but I took along two nice followers.

1 hour ago, Cryzeteur said:

Remember that ES was inspired by the Cthulhu mythos developed by H. P. Lovecraft. The Great Old Ones were reached through portals between worlds. The base world was our earth or at least a parallel earth. Magic was real in our earth but difficult to access. So our earth was exactly like our earth and most people who came across the dark lords either died or were considered insane. There are bits and pieces of the Cthulhu mythos that overlap or are related to the Daedric Worlds and the Cthulhu demons. 

Remember the Deep Ones ... I think they were in that village south of Bruma.

But that would need to change the lore for both universes... I mean, TES alone has lots of planes of existence, nirn being one of them, and there are some kind of portals there. The worlds/planes were created by the Divines, who actually exist within the lore. The realms of oblivion and nirn aren't "planets" orbiting through space. They are part of something that Daedra and Aedra have built.

Now, the world of Fallout is based on the real world. We have "space", we have "planets", we have "earth". Yes, it's a parallel universe, if you will, but doesn't fit in TES lore, nor TES planes fit in the Fallout universe. Even a portal to another dimension wouldn't make sense, because the physics that apply in each other aren't the same. 

I don't believe that saying "oh, it's other dimension" justifies it. And if they did something like that, then we won't have any "pure" TES or Fallout game anymore. Just the combination of both, with references of each other. I bet none of that is written in any Elder Scroll.

1 hour ago, OutandBack said:

I got it working with my main character (about lv 50 at the time). I had installed and uninstalled many mods on this save and didn't have any trouble whatsoever.

I also went to Bruma with a new character who hasn't started the main quest (well, I mean I didn't get the dragonstone yet).

If you're not the dragonborn, then you can go through a different place, an NPC near the gate will tell you more, I don't want to spoil anything :P

But, even if you don't do that, just saying you're in the legion should be enough :/ 

1 hour ago, Sebngarde said:

Now, the world of Fallout is based on the real world. We have "space", we have "planets", we have "earth". Yes, it's a parallel universe, if you will, but doesn't fit in TES lore, nor TES planes fit in the Fallout universe. Even a portal to another dimension wouldn't make sense, because the physics that apply in each other aren't the same. 

Actually in the Argonian lore the moons ARE the daedric planes. Which I think is really weird, but that is the lore.

In H.P. Lovecraft, the planes portals opened exactly as they do in ES lore... ie Oblivion. Hermaeus Mora is very similar to H.P. Lovecraft's Krakon.

Its like our real world... there is a lore of people being able to pass through portals to other worlds and other times. In ES it is just a lot easier. Assuming the reports of portals in our world are not just hallucinations. Mama Murphy sees into the future in the same way Moth Priests read the Elder Scrolls... looking forward and back, right and left, up and down. I can see how they could make Starfield an intermediate world similar to Prey where telepathic abilities mimic magic and transport between worlds get you into worlds varying from ES to New York.

There was a rumor that Prey was a test to see how people reacted to magic in our real world. Another test to prepare for Starfield.

I can see why some people would be upset if they do this.

Pete Hines said something that actually suggested that the reason they were waiting for new technology was because multiple worlds would require a massive amount of data storage and processing of larger amounts of data than used for Fallout 4 would also be required. In Fallout 4 they partially got around this problem by building load controls into the environment. Now as I understand it they cannot use the same FO4 technology to fully accomplish what they want. I also understand that they have built a sort of test universe that they can use to test machines to see if they can go ahead with development. The rumor is that VR advances will provide the technology improvement they need by 2021.

Games have always been one step ahead of technology.

That is why the Pentagon is so interested in game development. Applications appear in games before technology. In other words, imagination precedes application in the real world.

Edited by Cryzeteur